Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Kenny » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:57 pm

Well, anything that isn't necessary like food n bills etc. I know that's a lot more boring. So far I've gone 36 hours since I made the pledge. It's easy so far! (I've been putting things on various wishlists though.

But I have so much shit. I started being a vegetarian by giving up meat for a month and now I've been a vegetarian for 8 years, so hopefully this starts me on a better path.

Why did I make this a thread, you ask? Why not, I ask??
Image [PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] ImageImage

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those who you choose to accept and live by.

Just wanna play videogames all the time and everyday.

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby camping » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:59 pm

what else is in the etc? not rly sure i understand
Johan POOPLER wrote:girls see your dick and it reminds them of their saddest birthday

camping
i wish i cared

Postby separator » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:01 pm

He just means he isn't going to buy video games

separator

Postby separator » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:02 pm

I commend your effort kenny

separator

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:02 pm

i'm doing this this month too, but only cause i already spent all my pocket money on comics this month :twisted:
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby Kenny » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:03 pm

I just mean like if I don't need to buy it I won't, but if I need sponges I'm gonna buy a sponge. Basically no new books, video games, impulse buys.

If I seems pathetic that not buying stuff to fill my apartment for a month is a challenge well, then, here we are

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those who you choose to accept and live by.

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby futurist » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:07 pm

you can buy me things instead if you want

futurist

Postby Kenny » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:07 pm

What do you want

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby futurist » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:25 pm

to be loved

futurist

Postby Kenny » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:28 pm

okay, i'll love you but only if you love me back

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby virile » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:34 pm

do you have a hammock

virile

Postby an otter » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:35 pm

I've tried this, the trick is to take your cards out of your wallet and always leave them at home. Otherwise you're never gonna do it.

I made it half a month before I bought booze.
ˁᵔᵜᵔˀ

an otter

Postby Kenny » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:37 pm

I think like things I'm gonna drink/eat or at any rate remove through my body's waste processes are okay, I just don't want to accumulate more than anything.

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby palms » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:52 pm

Gl kenny. Finally gaining control over my spending habits was one of the best things ive ever done (my weakness was eating out). I personally recommend using a spreadsheet to keep yourself honest

palms

Postby Paul » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:13 pm

When I was $3000 in credit card debt and owed the government $1500 in back taxes I stopped buying things and haven't looked back. I splurge on a new PC once every ~4 years and buy some new clothes like once a year.

I'm at the point where I'll save up for something, then when I've saved up I don't want to pull any money out of my savings.

Car maintenance and property tax are the two things I make sure I cover every year. I don't want those put me in a lower place than when I started the year.

All that being said, I'm having a hard time not splurging on a PS4 and a new 4K TV lately. My TV is 9 years old and still works well but has started buzzing a bit since I moved.
This is my Instagram

Milk wrote:I never have sex OR vacations.

lordofdiapers wrote:Paul is worthy

Paul
The Nappy King™

Postby Spoilt Victorian Child » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:39 pm

I do this most months. It's nice because you don't have to figure out where to put anything.

Spoilt Victorian Child
ok

Postby Double McDouble » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:39 pm

But resident evil 2 comes out this month
Double McDouble

Postby chimp » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:41 pm

Not buying stuff/saving money is the best

chimp

Postby shark week » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:11 am

i hate this thread

i haven't purchased anything non-perishable for myself in over two years
Permafrost wrote:The heart wants what the heart wants, and if the heart wants Nebbiolo variants then so be it

shark week

Postby shark week » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:13 am

i'm not saving money though

i'm just so fucking broke. i even stopped smoking and drinking regularly because i don't have the funds to get fucked up.
Permafrost wrote:The heart wants what the heart wants, and if the heart wants Nebbiolo variants then so be it

shark week

Postby SonicBoom » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:24 am

Yeah, I've given up on amazon since they are evil, and sold some stuff on ebay, but I'm still in a bit of debt. Only spend money on food/beer/weed/rent/car/debt right now. I have enough stuff. Stopped using the cards I have debt on.

SonicBoom

Postby WussWayne » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:16 am

I've pretty much only spent money on being fucked up and occasionally eating out since like October. I used to starve for clothes but I haven't bought any or vinyl since then. Not sure if I'm broke-ish or just don't care about material things anymore. I need to buy a car for my pracs anyway so no more getting fucked up (except for weed)
don't drink. smoke weed instead
take effexor morning, mirtazapine at night religiously
get enough sleep
wake up, shower, have breakfast, make coffee, pack lunch, go.
use your planner then prep

fix your bike
see therapist
put yourself out there, forge healthy beneficial relationships but chill

WussWayne

Postby Kenny » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:30 am

@sharkweek Believe me I know how gauche a problem it is that I buy too much shit for myself. I was broke for a long long time and I think the first flush of having spending money led me to buy stuff that I'd always wanted and now I'm getting to the point where I feel stupid every time I buy something (I mean we are talking $10 or 15 max stuff but like every other day... I am not RICH rich) and I want to remember that buying shit doesn't equal happiness.

Like in the last week I bought a Wii U game for 10, a ds game for 4, a book for 5 and a box for tarot cards for 7. So I'm not heavy rolling I just needed 0 of those things

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby incoherent grunting » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:45 am

Paul wrote:I'm at the point where I'll save up for something, then when I've saved up I don't want to pull any money out of my savings

This is where I'm at lately. I'll get so excited about something and convinced I absolutely must have it that I save for a month or two and when I actually have enough I'll get an incredibly guilty feeling and belittle myself for my desires.
"let's get psychic not blacked out. Let's get wild without getting sick. Let's get turnt while staying woke."

incoherent grunting

Postby Night porter » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:49 am

Do pints fall under ‘stuff’?

Night porter

Postby Kenny » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:45 am

No, pints are requirements

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby tea preacher » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:54 am

I really need to do this. I have an insatiable appetite for researching material things I “need” to have, spending more money on them than I should (because I of course need to buy the best that I can afford), then moving on to the next thing I didn’t know I needed/wanted the week before.

I guess luckily for me my wife manages our money and is good at it and this only applies to the small percentage of my paycheck that goes into an account I control. But it’s still mentally exhausting.
you'll never hear me talk about one day getting out

tea preacher

Postby Kenny » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:18 am

I'm finding out it's not really as hard as I thought it was gonna be (well I guess it was never going to be hard, especially after just 5 days). I guess I'm not as addicted to buying things as I am to snacking LOL

Actually the hardest thing so far it turns out is like, reading a review about a pulp WWII book and then finding it's only £3 on Abe Books and I'm like "Awww... it's only £3!" I guess that's the wedge into just buying shit again though.

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby tarantula » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:18 am

what about going a month without being bought

tarantula

Postby Kenny » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:21 am

I wish I was independently wealthy for sure!!!

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Next

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....