Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby REAL BASED SLOB » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:18 pm

i had some insane drifting that left a range of 2 inches to 2 foot at spots in my driveway so snowblowing wasn't the easiest today
When John Walsh refers to criminals as cowards and creeps I just get more jacked
REAL BASED SLOB

Postby big zorb » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:07 pm

Woman: [Possibly smiling or laughing].
big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby brent » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:38 pm

get ready for some #content tomorrow
brent

Postby big zorb » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:29 am

i think i've posted about this before but every goddamn barber shop/salon in des moines has insane names. there are two places within a block of each other called "the hair house" and "the hair shed." once i thought it was kind of a weirdly clever joke--the hair house is bigger, the hair shed is down the road and tucked away, maybe they're playing on that? i asked the owner of the hair house about this and he looked at me like i was insane.

anyway, a new salon just opened up called "the g spot."
big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby Wolfsup » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:05 pm

big zorb wrote:
anyway, a new salon just opened up called "the g spot."

I went to the G Spot in Iowa City when I lived there. So hip so risqué. I think they do a lot of white people dreads now though.
And we wanna have a good time
Wolfsup

Postby Grey Poupon » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:16 pm

Do you ever run into the guys from Slipknot?
My listening experience in balanced mode reveals the great depth of EARTH
Grey Poupon

Postby big zorb » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:26 pm

Nah

You do see a weird amount of food celebs since BH&G is here
big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby alaska » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:44 pm

zorb did u know i was born in ohio
mactheo wrote:
Emily Dickinson wrote:Our lives are ... so cool
alaska
ride.

Postby alaska » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:45 pm

thats right... alaska is an "Ohioan"
mactheo wrote:
alaska
ride.

Postby palmer eldritch » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:55 pm

its above freezing today
palmer eldritch

Postby alaska » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:59 pm

it was 19 here this AM in gentle providence

i dont think we've gone below 0 though this year? i'm realizing that i am totally fine with cold as long as the sun is out sometimes

i did have a dream last night that it was going to hit -29 and i was like shit...i dont even have a scarf
mactheo wrote:
alaska
ride.

Postby big zorb » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:01 pm

Alaska I regret to inform you Ohio is not the Midwest

Last night I had a dream a tick was crawling all over my blanket and it was trying to give me lyme disease and all of my exes were warning me, but in a tone like it was a foregone conclusion...lady Galedriel tone.
big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby mondrary » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:49 pm

alaska wrote:it was 19 here this AM in gentle providence

i dont think we've gone below 0 though this year? i'm realizing that i am totally fine with cold as long as the sun is out sometimes

i did have a dream last night that it was going to hit -29 and i was like shit...i dont even have a scarf

i realize that this is ostensibly the midwest thread.... but i'm in providence as well and i feel like this winter has been terrible in a different way. but that's because i love snow but hate the cold and all the storms this winter have just been like. freezing rain and ice. I don't like this at all. i just want it to be warm again

again..... i sympathize with my midwest friends who are having a way worse winter than us PVD'ers temp-wise. we did have that one stretch of days where it was single digits with negative wind chills but i am lucky to have experienced so little of that this winter. at least it's march now. the end is in sight. i am done writing this post.

also i have family in ohio and my gf is from rural illinois and somehow ohio is infinitely more depressing to me, it's some weird regional in-between that feels completely out of place anywhere. granted the vast majority of my experience there has been in and around cleveland, so idk how representative that is
mondrary

Postby big zorb » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:10 pm

PVD fam is welcomed here
big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby kit fox » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:25 pm

was just checkin out the ol' gas bill for last month and caught this:

kit fox
Mike Vance

Postby palmer eldritch » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:42 pm

aha 10.51, the sex number
palmer eldritch

Postby tgk » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:43 pm

gotta love a 90 degree high/low variance
tgk

Postby palmer eldritch » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:00 pm

in celsius its only 5 degrees difference
palmer eldritch

Postby virile » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:52 pm

any long piece of fabric can be a scarf you're welcome
virile

Postby alaska » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:26 pm

mondrary wrote:

i realize that this is ostensibly the midwest thread.... but i'm in providence as well and i feel like this winter has been terrible in a different way. but that's because i love snow but hate the cold and all the storms this winter have just been like. freezing rain and ice. I don't like this at all. i just want it to be warm again

again..... i sympathize with my midwest friends who are having a way worse winter than us PVD'ers temp-wise. we did have that one stretch of days where it was single digits with negative wind chills but i am lucky to have experienced so little of that this winter. at least it's march now. the end is in sight. i am done writing this post.

also i have family in ohio and my gf is from rural illinois and somehow ohio is infinitely more depressing to me, it's some weird regional in-between that feels completely out of place anywhere. granted the vast majority of my experience there has been in and around cleveland, so idk how representative that is

Wow we should hang out
Those negative days were bad
This winter was the one where I realized that I like the cold as,long as there is sun
mactheo wrote:
alaska
ride.

Postby alaska » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:27 pm

big zorb wrote:Alaska I regret to inform you Ohio is not the Midwest

:?: :?: :?:
mactheo wrote:
alaska
ride.

Postby Spooky Jim » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:46 pm

Big Zorb, if Ohio isn't the midwest, than where the hell am I?!

Also, are there any Nebraska boarders? My partner has an interview in Kearney this week, and it is seeming that this may be our next move...
Combarieu declares that the songs of birds are not "musical" either, because they are "very difficult to take down in notation." See his Music-Its Laws and Evolution, 155. Will some divine power please create a "Musical" bird to sing the Air for G String in exact Equal Temperament for M. Combarieu?
Spooky Jim

Postby big zorb » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:47 pm

ohio is great lakes

really ohio is nowhere, it is our true void

brent is a nebraska boarder who promised us much content and has failed to deliver
big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby Spooky Jim » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:50 pm

just when I started think I got this place all figured out...
Combarieu declares that the songs of birds are not "musical" either, because they are "very difficult to take down in notation." See his Music-Its Laws and Evolution, 155. Will some divine power please create a "Musical" bird to sing the Air for G String in exact Equal Temperament for M. Combarieu?
Spooky Jim

Postby kit fox » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:55 pm

i think most people consider ohio the easternmost state in the "midwest."

but i'm more of a midwest inclusionist, i'd say northern kentucky could reasonably claim some midwestness if they wanted to.
kit fox
Mike Vance

Postby brent » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:04 pm

big zorb wrote:ohio is great lakes

really ohio is nowhere, it is our true void

brent is a nebraska boarder who promised us much content and has failed to deliver

i drove to KC on friday and was going to take a selfie at the iowa border sign but couldn’t pull over because the shoulder was still snow covered :evil:
brent

Postby big zorb » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:06 pm

damn you snow!!!!!!!!!!!
big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby REAL BASED SLOB » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:06 pm

Spooky Jim wrote:Big Zorb, if Ohio isn't the midwest, than where the hell am I?!

Also, are there any Nebraska boarders? My partner has an interview in Kearney this week, and it is seeming that this may be our next move...

i'm in omaha. haven't spent much time in kearney, and the time i have spent there was mostly hiding from the police in a locked room so i don't have many rec's to offer lol. there is a good gyro place tho, there's that atleast
When John Walsh refers to criminals as cowards and creeps I just get more jacked
REAL BASED SLOB

Postby big zorb » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:08 pm

ohio has too many cities to feel very midwestern to me. a key part of the midwest is really only having one city per state.
big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby brent » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:14 pm

REAL BASED SLOB wrote:
Spooky Jim wrote:Big Zorb, if Ohio isn't the midwest, than where the hell am I?!

i'm in omaha. haven't spent much time in kearney, and the time i have spent there was mostly hiding from the police in a locked room so i don't have many rec's to offer lol. there is a good gyro place tho, there's that atleast

yeah i have not spent much time there either...but it is probably about as good as it gets for central nebraska in my limited experience
brent

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....