Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Grumby » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:13 pm

Grumby

Postby hadlex » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:57 pm

The laughing jumbo of Europe's gay spots.
hadlex

Postby Spooky Jim » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:00 pm

Night of the Lepus

Last edited by Spooky Jim on Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Combarieu declares that the songs of birds are not "musical" either, because they are "very difficult to take down in notation." See his Music-Its Laws and Evolution, 155. Will some divine power please create a "Musical" bird to sing the Air for G String in exact Equal Temperament for M. Combarieu?
Spooky Jim

Postby Kevin McCallister » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:24 pm

When you're going to high school in a boring suburban neighbourhood you will see literally anything in theatres every Friday or Saturday and nothing illustrates that concept better than handing over $8.75 to see Say it Isn't So!
Looking at the screencaps I'm starting to remember just how poor taste this movie was, even for a 14 year old.

My friend would later get a job at that movie theatre so not having to pay for movies lowered the bar even moreso. I remember telling my mom that I'm going to go to the movies and her explicitly requesting that I not go see The Real Cancun, which I did.

kranky wrote:the monster mash isn't actually halloween specific and is just a monster party that could happen at any time.
Kevin McCallister

Postby Brain Stew » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:35 pm

odilon redon wrote:Image

For some reason I watched this on cable when my parents visited my first after college apartment.

I'm very cool.
You know, signatures are pretty night bus...
Brain Stew

Postby Brain Stew » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:41 pm

Kenny wrote:I remember it being like a Scary Movie stle thing where weird/absurd stuff happens and everybody reacts normally. The only things I specifically remember is a black studen having a fade in his hair and a small car driving on it and that Jon Lovitz goes to some bar while Rhinestone Cowboy is playing

He takes his rare vinyl copy of Rhinestone Cowboy to the school dance which is promptly used for scratching by the DJ.

Funny movie, but there's some kinda problematic jokes. Easy to see how the Zuker brothers went right wing shortly after.
You know, signatures are pretty night bus...
Brain Stew

Postby Spooky Jim » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:55 pm

This McDonald's Family Theater animated special of "The Magic Paintbrush"

Combarieu declares that the songs of birds are not "musical" either, because they are "very difficult to take down in notation." See his Music-Its Laws and Evolution, 155. Will some divine power please create a "Musical" bird to sing the Air for G String in exact Equal Temperament for M. Combarieu?
Spooky Jim

Postby wintergreen » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:59 pm

during my first year of college, at smu, when i was depressed as hell, i spent a weekend at my friend's parents' apartment, in fort worth, where they were living while their new house was being built, drinking coronas, eating imitation crab meat, and watching that darn cat:

good memory really.

i think i also wore a sombrero into heb in the hope of impressing his sister.

we also saw lost in space at the theater that weekend:

okay, take care.
wintergreen

Postby theta » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:03 pm

Kevin McCallister wrote:When you're going to high school in a boring suburban neighbourhood you will see literally anything in theatres every Friday or Saturday and nothing illustrates that concept better than handing over $8.75 to see Say it Isn't So!
Looking at the screencaps I'm starting to remember just how poor taste this movie was, even for a 14 year old.

My friend would later get a job at that movie theatre so not having to pay for movies lowered the bar even moreso. I remember telling my mom that I'm going to go to the movies and her explicitly requesting that I not go see The Real Cancun, which I did.

its insane how many movies about incest heather graham has been in.
hologram wrote:also music is done and already happened so enjoy all that Sisters of Mercy while you can
theta

Postby Gibson Rickenbacker » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:45 am

Watched this last weekend:

I can't get enough of this sorta shit.
Gibson Rickenbacker

Postby Gibson Rickenbacker » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:52 am

marble wrote:Image

caught this on TV at 3 in the morning 2004ish with a buddy and we thought it was hilarious. particularly michael morirarty's line delivery throughout the entire film. if anyone has a digital copy of this could they please hook me up? i've been looking for years.

:o This looks amazing.
Gibson Rickenbacker

Postby Gibson Rickenbacker » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:10 am

Kenny wrote:
Canadian Todd (for Canadians) wrote:
theta wrote:
Kenny wrote:JCVD movies I've seen:

1984 Breakin'
1988 Bloodsport
1988 Black Eagle
1989 Cyborg
1989 Kickboxer
1990 Death Warrant
1990 Lionheart
1991 Double Impact
1992 Universal Soldier
1994 Timecop
1994 Street Fighter
1995 Sudden Death
1996 The Quest
1997 Double Team
1998 Legionnaire
2008 JCVD

I've also seen Bloodsport 2, 3 and 4

you should watch hard target

Also, universal soldier regeneration and universal soldier day of reckoning. His heel run in Expendables 2 is fun. Have a soft spot for In Hell. I've seen all of these movies save for the quest. Ilu JCVD

Man, please watch The Quest, it's so wacked. It's basically a remake of Bloodsport with a like Indiana Jones setting? He plays a MIME who is living as the leader of a child gang on the mean streets of New York in like the 1910s and Roger Moore (who said this was the worst film he was ever in) is in it and totally hamming it up. The Quest is actually a must watch JCVD movie imo

Also, I looked up Hard Target and I've definitely seen it, just completely forgot it when I was looking at the list. I've also seen The Order, too, it turns out

Inferno (1999) is pretty good as well. Watch it for his wolf howls.

Replicant (2001) is good value as well, especially when his 'Replicant' jizzes in his pants.
Gibson Rickenbacker

Postby theta » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:50 am

speaking of replicants, i’m reading future noir: the making of blade runner right now and learned the delightful factoid that brion james was best friends with absolute b movie legend tim thomerson
hologram wrote:also music is done and already happened so enjoy all that Sisters of Mercy while you can
theta

Postby Cone » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:51 am

I saw Madea Goes to Jail in theaters in 2009

I remember nothing about the movie and watching the trailer just now didn’t jog my memory at all, but I know for sure that I saw it.

Seeing that it came out in ‘09 i was probably really stoned for it which explains why I don’t remember details but I have a vivid memory of entering the theater and can picture exactly where I sat and who I was with but I do not remember actually seeing the movie. Somehow I did though.
Cone

Postby Riverchrist » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:20 am

Is this real? Much remains unclear.
Riverchrist

Postby Kenny » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:57 am

Kenny wrote:Image

I've been meaning to post this but forgot, the older guy in this is in Mulholland Drive as an assistant on the movie set. Right at the beginning of this

Highlights from this extremely homoerotic movie about being a good Mormon, made by Mormons:
Image [PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] ImageImage

Videogames forever!!!
Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby grayfox » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:01 am

Kenny wrote:
Kenny wrote:Image

I've been meaning to post this but forgot, the older guy in this is in Mulholland Drive as an assistant on the movie set. Right at the beginning of this

Highlights from this extremely homoerotic movie about being a good Mormon, made by Mormons:

it's weird that i just thought about this movie, and messaged you about it an hour before i saw this post
grayfox
the foxiest

Postby grayfox » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:08 am

A pub owner purchases a giant shrimp that has washed up on the English shore, teaches it to box, and hits the road in search of fame and fortune.

worked at a movie theatre in HS and we got a pamphlet of upcoming movies, this was one of them, and it immediately piqued our interest. it never officially came out and was apparently some giant tax scam. i found it on dvd in china.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... xavoidance
grayfox
the foxiest

Postby important dentist » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:09 am

Kevin McCallister wrote:When you're going to high school in a boring suburban neighbourhood you will see literally anything in theatres every Friday or Saturday and nothing illustrates that concept better than handing over $8.75 to see Say it Isn't So!

feel this. movies i saw in this fashion include:
the number 23
charlie and the chocolate factory
scary movie 3 (twice in a row)
across the universe

the number of completely insane movies i've seen has been inflated by doing the board movie series for like seven years now, many entries from which are in this thread
"My foremost duty is to the board," Important Dentist countered. "I
cannot afford to spend that much time researching human sexuality."
important dentist

Postby Eyeball Kid » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:19 am

'98 and '99 were my big "why the hell not?" years for moviegoing, which is how I ended up seeing movies like the one I started this thread with
Eyeball Kid

Postby Dad: The Boarder » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:51 pm

At a horror movie festival that I took my kid to. One of those so bad, it's good movies:
Last edited by Dad: The Boarder on Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am old and cranky.
Here is my music.
Dad: The Boarder

Postby Dad: The Boarder » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:55 pm

At the same horror festival.
Only this one was actually a pretty great movie... Highly recommended, despite how awful it sounds.
I am old and cranky.
Here is my music.
Dad: The Boarder

Postby Grumby » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:58 pm

glad this got bumped. remember "out cold"?

Grumby

Postby chandler » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:59 pm

grayfox wrote:A pub owner purchases a giant shrimp that has washed up on the English shore, teaches it to box, and hits the road in search of fame and fortune.

:o
i've been getting really into pestcest too lately. haven't really been able to find much good ant stuff, though. anybody have any links to some good biting vids/pics?
chandler

Postby Grumby » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:03 pm

i've also seen ghost dog
Grumby

Postby Eyeball Kid » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:05 pm

Grumby wrote:i've also seen ghost dog

I don't think citing a Jim Jarmusch movie fits the spirit of this thread
Eyeball Kid

Postby Grumby » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:07 pm

Eyeball Kid wrote:
Grumby wrote:i've also seen ghost dog

I don't think citing a Jim Jarmusch movie fits the spirit of this thread

you're right. i just feel like it's been scrubbed from history somehow for me. (maybe it hasn't)
Grumby

Postby goofjan » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:08 pm

Grumby wrote:glad this got bumped. remember "out cold"?

oh my god I saw Out Cold in theaters.
plz if u get a chanse put some flowrs on algernons grave kthxbye
goofjan

Postby brittle » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:20 pm

in the same spirit:

went out on a limb and rented it for a slumber party in 1994. i knew it would be cheese, but i thought at least with him riding double kicktail and small wheels, it can't be too dated. plus i heard they had a lot of contemporary pros do stunts.

but knew i was doomed when the slo-mo intro montage was just flatground freestyle stuff, a lot of which was like 5 years old.

then the first scene of the movie has him putting away groceries by taking them out of the bag one by one, putting each on his skateboard, popping it up into his arms, then putting it on the shelf.

5 mintues later he meets a talking skateboard.
brittle

Postby Grumby » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:23 pm

^ i've been hearing about that one for years. not surprised to hear it sucks but a lil dissappointed.

a talking skateboard.. damn
Grumby

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....