Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby aububs » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:37 am

I thought if you were rich enough you could send yr kid to any school you wanted anyway
no buddy not really
aububs

Postby sordid affair » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:48 am

david mamet is such a slimeball
andrei wrote: i heard james joyce is tough, this is probably like the james joyce of rap, ostensibly, if you wanna think of it in those terms. haha, and it bumps, too!
sordid affair
chair in applied liberty

Location: the other side of mt. heart attack (in tiny pants, baking)

Postby RIXX » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:50 am

alaska wrote:
RIXX wrote:i remember the fraternity I was rushing was having a St Patrick's Day quarterly party, and I didn't have any green (clothing...or money, cause I was broke LOL) so I bought some green pants and a green and white checkered button-up from the Urban Outfitters in Westwood and kept the tags on it because I was a poor college student with no money, so I figured I'd wear the clothes for one night and take it easy during the night and keep them nice and clean and return them in the morning. However, the variable I did not factor into the equation was that, I ,was an insane alcoholic. At the party I proceeded to drink too much and eventually black out, and the next day I literally woke up laying on a huge plate of spaghetti and meatballs on the floor in the frathouse. Needless to say I was not able to return the clothes

oh my god lol

this story has so much going on

yeah I remember slowly waking up on the floor feeling like death and then seeing the spaghetti underneath me and then my shirt which looked like I had murdered someone and just softly moaning "oh nooooooooo no no no noooooooooo"
Last edited by RIXX on Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
RIXX

Postby Eyeball Kid » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:57 am

A friend of mine attended Brown at the same time as Willa Mamet, so David Mamet's chiming in makes me feel deliciously close to this scandal
Eyeball Kid

Postby trouble » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:07 am

Feech La Manna wrote:

trouble
ride.

Postby light rail coyote » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:15 am

RIXX wrote:i remember the fraternity I was rushing was having a St Patrick's Day quarterly party, and I didn't have any green (clothing...or money, cause I was broke LOL) so I bought some green pants and a green and white checkered button-up from the Urban Outfitters in Westwood and kept the receipts on it because I was a poor college student with no money, so I figured I'd wear the clothes for one night and take it easy during the night and keep them nice and clean and return them in the morning. However, the variable I did not factor into the equation was that, I ,was an insane alcoholic. At the party I proceeded to drink too much and eventually black out, and the next day I literally woke up laying on a huge plate of spaghetti and meatballs on the floor in the frathouse. Needless to say I was not able to return the clothes

wow, the very pants you were trying to return
light rail coyote

Postby RIXX » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:22 am

I mean the pants weren't actually that bad it was mostly the shirt that was obliterated but I kept both anyway
RIXX

Postby powderfinger » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:29 am

it's depressing that schools are probably going to respond to this with measures that make the application process even more onerous for normal people

kids are gonna have to stop by the local police station to get fingerprinted for biometric authentication at the SAT test site
powderfinger

Postby Slamwich Artist » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:31 am

powderfinger wrote:it's depressing that schools are probably going to respond to this with measures that make the application process even more onerous for normal people

kids are gonna have to stop by the local police station to get fingerprinted for biometric authentication at the SAT test site

yeah. i'm hoping that this will lead to the end of this preferred admission for athletes bs but that seems distinctly unlikely
Haaaaa. The got me. I didn't know it was on Satire! Got it. Peeps got jokes. It's cool!
Slamwich Artist

Postby coop » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:32 am

dog lawyer makes good point
coop

Postby came to wreck » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:37 am

Viola Swamp wrote:columbia's always seemed fully pay-to-play

yeah like most nyc schools
came to wreck

Postby Grumby » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:49 am

Viola Swamp wrote:columbia's always seemed fully pay-to-play

barnard too?
Grumby

Postby blurst of times » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:16 am

they should probably ban, or at least largely de-emphasize the sat/act honestly. obviously not everyone cheats on those, but well-off people have such a leg up on people who can't afford tutoring or prep classes. this story is funny as hell, i'm not gonna lie, but it exposes a lot of what's wrong with college admissions
blurst of times
ride.

Postby pissydan » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:20 am

happy birthday, william h macy!
As life would have it, Johnny did somebody wrong and they filed a complaint.
pissydan
|ᵆ|>

Postby Feech La Manna » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:20 am

All of the elite schools will do this if you do it the right way, they're all guilty. The Kushners did it with Harvard in a pretty transparently transactional way, and nobody batted an eye. And that doesn't even get into how fucked up legacy admissions are.
badhat wrote:bike solve all problems
Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby terminus » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:21 am

anyone here go to bard
terminus

Postby Kenny » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:22 am

Yeah, honestly I'm surprised they had to break the law to do this
Image [PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] ImageImage

How to be a free spirit even though you woke up in the middle of the night in an existential panic
Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby wintergreen » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:27 am

they did it this way because it's cheaper and it was a guarantee. here's mossimo giannulli (lori loughlin's husband) after olivia jade got into usc:

wintergreen

Postby wintergreen » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:29 am

powderfinger wrote:it's depressing that schools are probably going to respond to this with measures that make the application process even more onerous for normal people

a major component of the testing scheme was that the kids would have to be granted an accommodation for a learning disability so they could be directed to one of the two testing centers the schemers controlled.

they're probably going to make it more difficult to obtain accommodations for learning disabilities now.
wintergreen

Postby pana » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:30 am

yeah that's what i figured about Huffman and Macy. kinda surprised Mossimo isn't good for $1m
pana

Postby wintergreen » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:34 am

also, just want to point out again one of the sickest aspects of all of this -- the parents were writing the bribes off as charitable contributions:

wintergreen

Postby wintergreen » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:42 am

pana wrote:yeah that's what i figured about Huffman and Macy. kinda surprised Mossimo isn't good for $1m

i'm sure he is, but it wouldn't be a guarantee, especially given what we know about his daughter's complete lack of interest in school, and he couldn't pass up saving the money.

i keep thinking how this is the sort of stuff rich people do with the money they should be paying in taxes.

...and then they write it off anyway.
wintergreen

Postby Beautiful Jugdish » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:09 pm

terminus wrote:anyone here go to bard

The jury is out on donald trump
Beautiful Jugdish

Postby coop » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:12 pm

coop

Postby delgriffith » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:17 pm

Beautiful Jugdish wrote:
terminus wrote:anyone here go to bard

lol
delgriffith

Postby Kenny » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:18 pm

Why do they let Meghan McCain on TV

How to be a free spirit even though you woke up in the middle of the night in an existential panic
Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Feech La Manna » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:20 pm

Kenny wrote:Why do they let Meghan McCain on TV

Uh do you know who her dad is... I know she doesn't mention it very often
Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby Kenny » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:21 pm

Wouldn't it be cool to have a revolution and just chop these people's heads off

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Feech La Manna » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:22 pm

JOY BEHAR: Uh, legacy admissions are kind of fucked up
MEGHAN: Uh, Joy, they do that in the Navy and those people served their country. ::Leans back in chair::
Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby sordid affair » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:23 pm

lol
andrei wrote: i heard james joyce is tough, this is probably like the james joyce of rap, ostensibly, if you wanna think of it in those terms. haha, and it bumps, too!
sordid affair
chair in applied liberty

Location: the other side of mt. heart attack (in tiny pants, baking)

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....