Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Buddy Knox » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:23 pm

talk with you and you have extreme social anxiety and respond with an utterance that isn’t even a real word, like it’s almost a real word but it’s really more like two unrelated words that are smashed together, like

“Hey, nice glasses!”

“Oh...DONTZ!”

I hate that.
Buddy Knox

Postby theta » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:27 pm

thanks i love that
hologram wrote:also music is done and already happened so enjoy all that Sisters of Mercy while you can
theta

Postby Sobieski » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:43 pm

words are hard sometimes
sm//o/ke le/ss weed
get more /sleep
always/ tip %20
Sobieski
Comptroller

Postby light rail coyote » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:45 pm

BARISTA: how is your day going?
ME: good far so not bad, going just to work. you?
BARISTA: ....hah, have a good one!
light rail coyote

Postby worrywort » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:45 pm

one time an old lady said good morning to me and i gave her a polite head nod in return and she got furious and started yelling at me
worrywort

Postby futurist » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:48 pm

> enjoy your day!
> thanks me too.
futurist

Postby meeshpotato » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:49 pm

Yesterday a guy apologized to me and I said “you’re gool”
meeshpotato

Postby nosebleeds » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:50 pm

I find myself saying, "Thank you" when people thank me for, like, holding a door open for them. I blame years of working in customer service.
nosebleeds

Postby light rail coyote » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:52 pm

i dunno if this counts but when i was moving last year, i had friends helping me for most of the day but stupidly tried to move my mattress by myself before they showed up because it was heavier than i remembered and i got stubborn.

i got it into the truck and to the new place, but when i got there i had trouble getting it out and a new neighbor helped me. after we finished, he just said, "it's cool man, i know a little thing or two about being alone" and i just blurted "IT'S OKAY I HAVE FRIENDS COMING LATER" which may have been the worst thing i could have said in that moment
light rail coyote

Postby blogger status » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:57 pm

whats up

alright
ROCK LIFE EVERY NIGHT
blogger status
gotta have some faith in the sound

Postby virile » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:09 pm

i don't go anywhere without headphones so i can only half hear everything but a nice lady at the bus stop complimented my beard recently and i said 'thanks no i know it's eight' but i don't know what that means
virile

Postby grace cathedral park » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:13 pm

a customer made a comment and in the awkward silence of my inability to come up with a reply then said something along the lines of me just wanting customers to shut up and i had to assure her that i am just really bad at coming up with clever responses to things so i usually just end up leaving awkward pauses in the conversation
Never knowingly eaten an ass.
grace cathedral park
The Rooster

Postby Buddy Knox » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:14 pm

Another thing I do when someone compliments something I own (doesn’t happen anymore) is to tell them how inexpensive it was.
Buddy Knox

Postby Buddy Knox » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:15 pm

“That’s a nice jacket!”

“Thanks, it was only $29.99 when I bought it 3 years ago.”
Buddy Knox

Postby Buddy Knox » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:17 pm

grace cathedral park wrote:a customer made a comment and in the awkward silence of my inability to come up with a reply then said something along the lines of me just wanting customers to shut up and i had to assure her that i am just really bad at coming up with clever responses to things so i usually just end up leaving awkward pauses in the conversation

Yeah whenever someone makes a self-deprecating comment I just. Shut. Down.
Buddy Knox

Postby Buddy Knox » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:18 pm

I probably misread your post but I am also really bad at coming up with witty comments on the fly.
Buddy Knox

Postby vault » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:50 pm

"thanks you"
vault

Postby dvr » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:00 pm

i bet no one that's posted in this thread has lived in a small town
dvr

Postby mcwop23 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:01 pm

oop
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die
mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks

Postby RIXX » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:11 pm

I don’t really have this problem but i do fuck up on have a good day/night sometimes. One time i was getting out of cab to work kinda early and i said “have a good night” even though it was 7AM. And i also recently told a bodega cashier “have a good night” even though it was like 2Pm. To be fair it was really dark and cloudy out though. I guess i just need to learn what is generally accepted as daytime and when its nighttime. And then down the road from now I can move onto mastering “have a good afternoon.”
RIXX

Postby dvr » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:16 pm

yeah. i said good morning to my neighbor when i walked outdoors at like 1pm the other week. to be fair it was a sunday
dvr

Postby Spooky Jim » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:39 pm

I can relate to the OP, yes.

Not totally related, but something I have come to the conclusion of is anytime any stranger opens a conversation with you based on your appearance - like complimenting a piece of your clothes - it will always go on to be the worst conversation you will ever have. Which is one reason why I never compliment strangers.
Combarieu declares that the songs of birds are not "musical" either, because they are "very difficult to take down in notation." See his Music-Its Laws and Evolution, 155. Will some divine power please create a "Musical" bird to sing the Air for G String in exact Equal Temperament for M. Combarieu?
Spooky Jim

Postby compatibility mode » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:50 pm

mcwop23 wrote:oop

I do this one so much my friends tease me about it
compatibility mode

Postby compatibility mode » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:54 pm

I was waiting to take some street BBQ from a small hole in the wall, and was talking to the guys while they made it, then as I was leaving I said a really common phrase in Chinese that means "go slowly" kind of like "take care," but you only say it to someone as they are leaving.

Obviously because I was the one leaving and those guys were the ones staying it was not really fitting.
compatibility mode

Postby acidity regulator » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:13 pm

Receiving compliments is hard. I might be like thanks! but if you compliment my clothing you are complimenting my skill of being a consumer and I just feel weird.

Look I didn't choose this brain.
ImageImageImage
acidity regulator
Site Admin

Postby kyle » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:35 pm

There has to be a term for when you converse with a someone and one of you responds to "have a good day!" with "it's all good" (or something like that). You know, you have these language games already formed in your head and the response doesn't correspond to the actual statement.

:awful:
kyle

Postby Spooky Jim » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:43 pm

Yeah, I don't mean it as the person who is doing the complimenting is wrong to do so, but it just is always hard to go from there.

Last week my girlfriend and I went with our 18-month-old to this local brewery that was having a benefit for a school. The brewery was family friendly, and had this corner that had toys and shit for kids, and we were there as our kid was playing around with other kids. This dad who was watching his kids says to me, "hey, man, nice hair. I'd kill to have hair like that." And he runs his hands over his bald head. He has a full beard, and I comment on how I wish I could do that, and tug on my patchy scruff. He asks how old our kid is, and I say 18 months, and he says "ah, well don't let him start watchin' Peppa Pig."

Now, I've never seen Peppa Pig, and the only thing I know about it is from this article I read called "there is something seriously wrong with the internet" which talks about how there are all these weird disturbing variant videos of standard kid content on youtube, such as Peppa Pig video, but it will have weird audio, or be creepy in some way, but the algorhythm just chugs away, and it kids will sit down and start watching a normal Peppa Pig, but eventually the creepy ones come up. The peppa pig video in the article is this one where Peppa Pig goes to the dentist, but doesn't get novacaine, and has blood run down their face, and creepy crying throughout.

So, the guy says Peppa Pig and my dumb ol' brain immediately thinks about this article and video, and so I nervously try to start explaining it to this guy, but part way through realize this is not the best thing to tell someone. I can't not finish explaining it though, cause I can't just say "uh, I read an article on the internet that said Peppa Pig is why the internet is bad," so I explain the article, at least to the point of getting across that that video made me not want to let my kid watch peppa pig on youtube.

He laughs nervously, says "yeah, well the normal one is annoying enough" and takes a sip of his beer, and uses the gesture of raising the cup to his mouth as a segway to turning away from me and walks away.
Combarieu declares that the songs of birds are not "musical" either, because they are "very difficult to take down in notation." See his Music-Its Laws and Evolution, 155. Will some divine power please create a "Musical" bird to sing the Air for G String in exact Equal Temperament for M. Combarieu?
Spooky Jim

Postby Grey Poupon » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:12 am

kyle wrote:There has to be a term for when you converse with a someone and one of you responds to "have a good day!" with "it's all good" (or something like that). You know, you have these language games already formed in your head and the response doesn't correspond to the actual statement.

:awful:

'hey'
'good thanks!'
(shame blush)
My listening experience in balanced mode reveals the great depth of EARTH
Grey Poupon

Postby RIXX » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:23 am

acidity regulator wrote:Receiving compliments is hard. I might be like thanks! but if you compliment my clothing you are complimenting my skill of being a consumer and I just feel weird.

Look I didn't choose this brain.

Well they’re complimenting yr artistic taste too. How well you’ve put together patterns and colors and trends, repurposed things etc

I only get tripped up by clothes compliments when i’m STILL in the store. This has happened once or twice

Me, holding some article of clothing: umm do you have this in medium?
Staff: oh that is so cute, i love that thing! Etc
Me: oh thanks!.........you know it’s sorta weird, in this situation I always wonder like, do I say thanks in this scenario?? All i did in this situation was pick up the article of clothing in your store, I didn’t make it. You are the one who sees it everyday. But I guess you could be complimenting my selection of it also?
Staff, terrified: Yes (quickly bolts away)
RIXX

Postby RIXX » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:25 am

Am i turning into jerry seinfeld
RIXX

Next

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....