Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Debbie » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:51 pm

The fact that The Terminator was not trained with real Sarah Connor image classification data is why several other Sarah Connors had to die. A Terminator probably shouldn't be forced to rely on the yellow pages

Debbie

Postby incoherent grunting » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:54 pm

the future didn't know what she looked like, it was pre-instagram!
"let's get psychic not blacked out. Let's get wild without getting sick. Let's get turnt while staying woke."

incoherent grunting

Postby Buddy Knox » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:56 pm

Denise wrote:Why does the Terminator copy human cadence speech patterns perfectly but cannot assimilate normal speaking in his own voice

I vaguely remember seeing or reading about an interview where Cameron said that the Terminator’s voice was just one thing that Skynet couldn’t get right which I guess means that Austrian accents don’t exist in the Terminator universe.

Buddy Knox

Postby Debbie » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:57 pm

Buddy Knox wrote:
Denise wrote:Why does the Terminator copy human cadence speech patterns perfectly but cannot assimilate normal speaking in his own voice

I vaguely remember seeing or reading about an interview where Cameron said that the Terminator’s voice was just one thing that Skynet couldn’t get right which I guess means that Austrian accents don’t exist in the Terminator universe.

it's not the accent

Debbie

Postby terminus » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:02 pm

i am constantly looking for things in media that are aesthetically in line with The Terminator (1984) Tech Noir Scene HD
we gotta be normal, we can't be weird

terminus

Postby terminus » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:03 pm

whole movie was free on youtube a few weeks ago but it looks like you gotta pay for it now, bummer

terminus

Postby chimp » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:03 pm

terminus wrote:i am constantly looking for things in media that are aesthetically in line with The Terminator (1984) Tech Noir Scene HD

I’m now listening to a Spotify playlist called “tech noir: cyberpunk/dark synth wave/IDM” because of this thread. Lot of Lorn

chimp

Postby chimp » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:03 pm

Love Lorn

chimp

Postby Down n dirty rufus » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:05 pm

terminus wrote:i am constantly looking for things in media that are aesthetically in line with The Terminator (1984) Tech Noir Scene HD

check out Lady Terminator

Down n dirty rufus

Postby terminus » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:08 pm

no fate but what we make

terminus

Postby antoine » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:13 pm

pssh you cou'dve watched avatar

antoine

Postby Buddy Knox » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:21 pm

terminus wrote:

no fate but what we make

Damn wonder why they deleted this.

Buddy Knox

Postby Debbie » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:21 pm

jesus christ kyle reese is a piece of shit

Debbie

Postby Debbie » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:22 pm

in a non-deleted scene he yanks her by her hair to pull her back into the car

Debbie

Postby futurist » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:23 pm

incoherent grunting wrote:the future didn't know what she looked like, it was pre-instagram!

is this a boomer comic

futurist

Postby chairkicker » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:50 pm

Buddy Knox wrote:
terminus wrote:

no fate but what we make

Damn wonder why they deleted this.

i think mostly because it doesn't completely land in that take and i'm guessing they were on too short a budget or too tight a schedule to reshoot it, but it's the one deleted scene between the two movies i wish had somehow made it. though i'm still not sure how well it would fit in the final cut

chairkicker

Postby Buddy Knox » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:59 pm

Sorry to be clear I was being a dick and mocking the YouTube comment section but I do think it was good that it was cut between how abusive he is toward Sarah and the overacting.

Buddy Knox

Postby internethandle » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:26 am

Buddy Knox wrote:

i think the real question is why does the terminator speak mind not cognize lilt nosegay scheme into their own paucity cleft

internethandle
ok

Postby internethandle » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:26 am

internethandle
ok

Postby chairkicker » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:56 am

Buddy Knox wrote:Sorry to be clear I was being a dick and mocking the YouTube comment section but I do think it was good that it was cut between how abusive he is toward Sarah and the overacting.

really could've been a good scene in a better take

chairkicker

Postby Bartatua » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:10 am

Use this to supplement your viewing:

i broke somebody's ribs

Bartatua

Postby chimp » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:11 am

The 80s vision of the dystopian future turned out to be way cooler than the actual dystopian future

chimp

Postby Bartatua » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:13 am

chimp wrote:tech noir slays

i broke somebody's ribs

Bartatua

Postby Milk » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:13 am

Jeremy wrote:The fact that this is now a hugely successful franchise with a billion dumb entries kind of obscures how simultaneously lean and insane the original is.

yes. Lean. That's why i always said this movie is go good AND better than T2. It's efficient as fuck. All the fat trimmed. No bullshit. And frankly this is in good part due to budget limitations because i read the original script and it had scenes that made it in T2 (helicopter chase on highway, blowing up cyberdyne to prevent the war). Thing is Cameron didn't know less was more. He still doesn't. It's his best movie IN SPITE of him. And he only made T2 because he wanted to basically make the Terminator he didn't have the budget to make. And because of this we have this shit franchise that won't die.
"I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands.."

Milk

Postby Milk » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:26 am

Lance Henricksen auditioned for the terminator and.......yes i'm going there, he would have been better. I want to live in a world where Henricksen was terminator and we never got another Terminator film

Because that's the thing. It doesn't make sense to make your super cyborg (It's a robot really, the flesh part has no purpose it's just to make him look human) that is designed for infiltration and hence to look like a regular joe look like a fucking body builder and make him talk with an austrian accent (well you could argue i suppose that that last detail WILL make it more real because why would you do that deliberately? ) but seriously nobody has the time and nutrition to build that physique in the post-apocalypse. You'd look at this model and immediately thing, hmm something's not right. This is where all the other terminator films got it right at least.

Like unless Venice beach remains fairly untouched by the apocalypse and you've got a bunch of Gold Gymers sitll hanging out there to train and pull...this model 101 makes no sense.
"I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands.."

Milk

Postby trouble » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:32 am

uh watch the deleted scene from terminator 3 much? don't sound like you do.
Now exclusively in Bland Mode.

trouble
thread skimmer

Postby Milk » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:34 am

I never took issue with how Kyle treats Sarah because..look....this is a rather CRUCIAL mission and there's no time to fuck around. Not to mention he's from the post apocalypse probably hasn't had the luxury to learn how to be patient and kind and compassionate towards people. I saw a woke video on youtube some months back takign issues with this and i thought that was the wrong movie to pick on for that. The whole premise makes this perfectly explainable. Not to mention the way the Terminator franchise handles Sarah AFTER this film i think makes it even more forgivable.

Milk

Postby Milk » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:34 am

trouble wrote:uh watch the deleted scene from terminator 3 much? don't sound like you do.

uh?

Milk

Postby trouble » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:46 am

cyberdyne

Now exclusively in Bland Mode.

trouble
thread skimmer

Postby Buddy Knox » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:53 am

I just don’t see how pulling a gun on Sarah Connor really could have furthered his mission.

Buddy Knox

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....