You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby manvstrees » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:29 am

1. Who's in that helmet? Xavier or not
2. Are these the "real" x-men?
3. Where's Sinister?

Basically we won't know anything until the Moira scene, and I'm not sure if that's tomorrow or next week.
((Stuffed is loved by old and young because this is where the puddings get sent in. Criss-cross paving and those tinkly hanging bells make ((Stuffed a very homely access to Hades. Full marks.

manvstrees

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:32 am

kept debating making this its own thread cause it seems like this would be a rad jumping-on point for casual comics ppl
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby manvstrees » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:35 am

i can't believe we get to experience this
but yeah i think it'll be an active thread, what with issue in the db
((Stuffed is loved by old and young because this is where the puddings get sent in. Criss-cross paving and those tinkly hanging bells make ((Stuffed a very homely access to Hades. Full marks.

manvstrees

Postby Kenny » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:37 am

I'm jumping back in on X-Men with this.

I think that what we think is happening is... NOT what is happening.
Image [PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] ImageImage

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those who you choose to accept and live by.

Just wanna play videogames all the time and everyday.

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby manvstrees » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:38 am

i'm wondering how we will look back on these 12 issues once we are 6 months into hickman's xmen and new mutants series

manvstrees

Postby surly » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:39 am

post!
lordofdiapers wrote:damn it Greedo will forever fuck that word for me

surly
the insult bastard

Postby Beautiful Jugdish » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:40 am

oh cool this is a good excuse to start reading xmen again
If you have information that conclusively proves beyond a doubt that Nathan killed Jeffrey Epstein, please DM me.

Beautiful Jugdish

Postby manvstrees » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:40 am

as much as i hate when scott summers is not being the coolest guy in the room, he wasn't acting out of sorts enough to be quite suspect. him walking away from reed and sue after offering franklin a new home was the best panel in the issue

manvstrees

Postby junglejim » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:53 am

Bought the first issue of this, so pumped to see where Hickman takes it

junglejim

Postby Hal Jordan » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:56 am

is scott summers being an asshole canon?
well that was intense

Hal Jordan

Postby Viz » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:57 am

manvstrees wrote:1. Who's in that helmet? Xavier or not

1. It's Cassandra. Again.

What's the status of Emma? Is she still an x-man? Where is she?
Viz

Postby Kenny » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:58 am

Can someone give a quick bulletpoint summary of what happened before this?

I know it isn't supposed to matter/you're supposed to be able to jump in here, but just for fun
Image [PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] ImageImage

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those who you choose to accept and live by.

Just wanna play videogames all the time and everyday.

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Hal Jordan » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:00 am

the most notable thing (at least for speculating purposes) seems to be hickman's run on FF and alt-universe reed richards known as The Maker who wears a similar helmet to professor x
Last edited by Hal Jordan on Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
well that was intense

Hal Jordan

Postby manvstrees » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:00 am

Viz wrote:
manvstrees wrote:1. Who's in that helmet? Xavier or not

1. It's Cassandra. Again.

What's the status of Emma? Is she still an x-man? Where is she?

YES.
I'm all over ORCHIS vs Krakoa with a true scott summers having infiltrated it via Karima
Emma......hasn't been seen in any previews or anything? Background figure on some alt cover arts? I could be forgetting something

manvstrees

Postby manvstrees » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:01 am

Kenny wrote:Can someone give a quick bulletpoint summary of what happened before this?

I know it isn't supposed to matter/you're supposed to be able to jump in here, but just for fun

There was a sortof good very bleak short run where instead of spinning wheels, most of the xmen were gone/presumed dead and cyclops put a few leftovers together and the death count was pretty high

manvstrees

Postby Viz » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:05 am

I'm re-reading Morrison's run and Wolverine calling Gladiator a "big dumb super moron" still gets me.
Viz

Postby manvstrees » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:06 am

i think about logan's description of scott's "icy-cold lunacy under pressure" all the time

manvstrees

Postby gambra » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:16 am

https://www.comicbookherald.com/the-com ... ing-order/

That's the only suggested one I can find, it basically just says to read Grant Morrisons New X-Men run then all of Hickmans previous Marvel stuff and then the Uncanny X-Men run which was just cancelled to make way for House of X.
THIS IMPACT WILL CONTROL ALL MARGINS

Scrumptious Justice 8-) wrote:man don't be mean to gambra

gambra

Postby manvstrees » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:18 am

phoenix cyclops is a reminder that hickman is going to do wonders with scott
the idea that the main book has corsair and havok and rachel summers all on his team oh god

manvstrees

Postby manvstrees » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:19 am

summers family dynasty vs mr sinister is yes, the xmen epic i would like to read
thx in advance, hickman

manvstrees

Postby reversemigraine » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:22 am

Hal Jordan wrote:is scott summers being an asshole canon?

I dunno how he's been in the most recent pre-Hickman comics, but it seems like he's had more of a true believer / "quiet menace" edge in recent years, compared to his earlier classic white-bread do-gooder "Cut the snappy patter, folks!" leader or dad / family man or post-Jean normal adult with sexual needs characterizations.

reversemigraine

Postby reversemigraine » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:24 am

manvstrees wrote:phoenix cyclops is a reminder that hickman is going to do wonders with scott
the idea that the main book has corsair and havok and rachel summers all on his team oh god

I mean, the team is just the Summers Family + Wolverine, right?

Scott, Jean, Alex, Cable, Corsair, Rachel, Vulcan...and Logan.

ON THE MOON.

reversemigraine

Postby manvstrees » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:25 am

morrison just about made him batman
since then he's been turned into ......well still batman, but like shitty justice league stories where batman distrusts the league and has files on how to kill them. supercool angst vs total hardliner is what i'm getting at i guess.
rosenberg was doing great with him though

manvstrees

Postby manvstrees » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:26 am

reversemigraine wrote:
manvstrees wrote:phoenix cyclops is a reminder that hickman is going to do wonders with scott

I mean, the team is just the Summers Family + Wolverine, right?

Scott, Jean, Alex, Cable, Corsair, Rachel, Vulcan...and Logan.

ON THE MOON.

i'm about to faint

manvstrees

Postby reversemigraine » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:31 am

My co-first X-Men comic (along with Uncanny 270) was Uncanny Annual 14

which was the final part of Days of Future Present, about Rachel + grown-up Franklin and Scott + Sue being Ahab's hounds, and I guess that's always influenced my belief that the Summers Family / Richards Family dynamic is really interesting and should be explored more.

Between the FF scene and the Omega-level chart, I have to believe that Franklin will become an important part of the long-term story, and I hope that means a lot of Summers / Richards interactions.

reversemigraine

Postby reversemigraine » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:35 am

Like, has the Rachel / Franklin relationship been discussed at all since that storyline?

reversemigraine

Postby manvstrees » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:42 am

never came across that one (i started at lady mandarin saga) but what a cover

manvstrees

Postby reversemigraine » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:44 am

(Fun fact: The value of that issue was always a little inflated because it was the first appearance of Gambit by release date, even though it takes place after his intro in the main title.)

reversemigraine

Postby manvstrees » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:46 am

man remember when these prices meant something
it was pretty fun when there was an actual market

manvstrees

Postby Hal Jordan » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:08 am

i think my first x issue, storm had a mohawk and it was a really early rogue one where she was battling the memories of ms marvel running through her head
well that was intense

Hal Jordan

Next

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....