Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby manvstrees » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:36 pm

emma's going to be pretty upset about negasonic teenage warheadToggle Spoiler
((Stuffed is loved by old and young because this is where the puddings get sent in. Criss-cross paving and those tinkly hanging bells make ((Stuffed a very homely access to Hades. Full marks.

manvstrees

Postby Hal Jordan » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:44 pm

Althea wrote:Oh shit Wolverine is the virus Moira delivers in her sixth life, he gets absorbed into the Phalanx the day after he kills her. The payoff for that is going to be awesome.Toggle Spoiler

That timeline ends and the world resets when she dies so this couldnt happen right
well that was intense

Hal Jordan

Postby Hal Jordan » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:45 pm

Gonna read pox and hox separately, maybe this weekend. Absorb all of it.
well that was intense

Hal Jordan

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:46 am

Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby reversemigraine » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:11 am

Hal Jordan wrote:
Althea wrote:Oh shit Wolverine is the virus Moira delivers in her sixth life, he gets absorbed into the Phalanx the day after he kills her. The payoff for that is going to be awesome.Toggle Spoiler

That timeline ends and the world resets when she dies so this couldnt happen right

Yeah, this was a big question leading up to this issue -- Do timelines continue past the point of Moira's death? -- and the Librarian makes it clear that they don't.

"From what I've gathered observing you, if you die before our Phalanx makes it to the nearest black hole, then all that I know will not become part of the Dominion ... And when you annihilate this "timeline" or "reality," then you'll be right back where you started ... Knowing what you know without us knowing anything. But if you live past my becoming god ... then--existing beyond space and time--we will know you--forever."
Toggle Spoiler

reversemigraine

Postby Hal Jordan » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:46 am

reversemigraine wrote:
Hal Jordan wrote:

Yeah, this was a big question leading up to this issue -- Do timelines continue past the point of Moira's death? -- and the Librarian makes it clear that they don't.

"From what I've gathered observing you, if you die before our Phalanx makes it to the nearest black hole, then all that I know will not become part of the Dominion ... And when you annihilate this "timeline" or "reality," then you'll be right back where you started ... Knowing what you know without us knowing anything. But if you live past my becoming god ... then--existing beyond space and time--we will know you--forever."
Toggle Spoiler

what threw me off about this is that the librarian didn't keep her safe and in stasis or something, he let her stay out there with wolverine and get got. strange considering it was established he was fast enough to stop wolverine if he wanted and he seemed pretty intent on being part of that ol godheadToggle Spoiler
well that was intense

Hal Jordan

Postby reversemigraine » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:57 am

Hal Jordan wrote:
reversemigraine wrote:
Hal Jordan wrote:

Toggle Spoiler

what threw me off about this is that the librarian didn't keep her safe and in stasis or something, he let her stay out there with wolverine and get got. strange considering it was established he was fast enough to stop wolverine if he wanted and he seemed pretty intent on being part of that ol godheadToggle Spoiler

I dunno, he made it pretty clear that he was actually having serious last-minute reservations about ascension (because he was getting the sense that being absorbed into a Dominion might not be as nice as maintaining some sense of individuality), and he was almost encouraging Moira to commit herself to stopping the post-humans' efforts in her lives to come. I read that entire scene as, "Here's what we've been planning to do for the past millennium and wouldn't it be such a shame if you stopped us now and figured out a way to stop us in your future lives wink wink."

I think the Librarian still believes in post-humanity's supremacy -- he'd just rather post-humanity not spend its time committing to the path of ascension.

This was probably obvious, but it took me a couple of reads to realize that Logan specifically was kept alive for the purposes of keeping Moira alive, right? The remark about blood type suggests that they were giving her transfusions.
Toggle Spoiler

reversemigraine

Postby reversemigraine » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:00 am

I finally read O'Brien's annotations for last week's issue and I swear to god people in there are grumbling about how the X^3 timeline doesn't make sense because it takes place 1,000 years BEFORE the Askani future that Baby Christopher is sent to and Hickman isn't respecting canon and blah blah blah.

reversemigraine

Postby Hal Jordan » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:02 am

reversemigraine wrote:
Hal Jordan wrote:
reversemigraine wrote:
Hal Jordan wrote:

Toggle Spoiler

I dunno, he made it pretty clear that he was actually having serious last-minute reservations about ascension (because he was getting the sense that being absorbed into a Dominion might not be as nice as maintaining some sense of individuality), and he was almost encouraging Moira to commit herself to stopping the post-humans' efforts in her lives to come. I read that entire scene as, "Here's what we've been planning to do for the past millennium and wouldn't it be such a shame if you stopped us now and figured out a way to stop us in your future lives wink wink."

I think the Librarian still believes in post-humanity's supremacy -- he'd just rather post-humanity not spend its time committing to the path of ascension.

This was probably obvious, but it took me a couple of reads to realize that Logan specifically was kept alive for the purposes of keeping Moira alive, right? The remark about blood type suggests that they were giving her transfusions.
Toggle Spoiler

good point re: motivation

yah, i got that the blood type thing was so he could keep injecting her and she would use his healing power
well that was intense

Hal Jordan

Postby buriedinspace » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:35 pm

Someone in the O'Brien annotations mentioned that X-Men 1-3 (the final Claremont story/90s reboot) fits well as the moment that Magneto turns on Xavier and Moira, due to trying to both clone him into a younger body and... change his personality.

Which, given they're now cloning all sorts of people into new bodies, are they also changing their personalities when they do so?
Toggle Spoiler
ratbags wrote:you're like a wistful naive idiot version of bill simmons

PayPal: paypal.me/binspace because I am a very broke person and maybe you are not?

buriedinspace

Postby manvstrees » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:37 am

PAX KRAKOAToggle Spoiler
((Stuffed is loved by old and young because this is where the puddings get sent in. Criss-cross paving and those tinkly hanging bells make ((Stuffed a very homely access to Hades. Full marks.

manvstrees

Postby manvstrees » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:55 am

yo can we get a dif artist on this
pretty chill start to things here

manvstrees

Postby reversemigraine » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:50 pm

Yeah, definitely feels like we're settling in for the long haul here.

I saw some advance reviews this morning suggesting that LFY had kinda phoned this one in, and they weren't wrong.

When did Rachel start going by Prestige?

reversemigraine

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:53 pm

yeah I dug this fine but it was definitely a step down form HOXPOX, maybe mostly cause of the art? I liked the Scott POV at the beginning though
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby reversemigraine » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:57 pm

Still can't tell if this is just how Hickman's gonna write Ororo or if we're supposed to sense that something is Decidedly Off, but this is the second time she's come across as the most brainwashed true believer of the bunch.

Vulcan + Logan will be good for some laffs.

reversemigraine

Postby Bartatua » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:30 pm

Is X-Men #1 where we start after HOX/POX?
i broke somebody's ribs

Bartatua

Postby variegated reality » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:41 pm

Summer house was pretty cool. I liked the steak bit. The first half felt over written. Art was kinda whack. L8r!

variegated reality

Postby variegated reality » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:41 pm

Bartatua wrote:Is X-Men #1 where we start after HOX/POX?

Yeah. The end of the issue has the upcoming reading order.

variegated reality

Postby sevenarts » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:21 pm

I usually like Yu just fine but this definitely felt rushed or something for him, especially the first half. Some really bad faces.

Vulcan barbequing was amazing.

sevenarts

Postby buriedinspace » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:31 pm

reversemigraine wrote:When did Rachel start going by Prestige?

Like, a reboot and a half ago during 'X-Men: Gold'

It's the worst name.

PayPal: paypal.me/binspace because I am a very broke person and maybe you are not?

buriedinspace

Postby surly » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:00 pm

lordofdiapers wrote:damn it Greedo will forever fuck that word for me

surly
the insult bastard

Postby new blood, » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:00 pm

i didn't really dig marauders, but i might check out a few more issues
i was just going to suggest that maybe everybody should cool out maybe

new blood,
ok

Postby buriedinspace » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:46 pm

Didn't love it but I'm interested in Kate Pryde, Pirate Captain, as a concept enough to probably go with it wherever anyway

buriedinspace

Postby dreamshake » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:56 pm

marauders really made me appreciate the pacing of hox/pox and last week. something just felt off. I'm interested in seeing what's going on with kitty and the gatesToggle Spoiler but i'll keep reading it on get comics. i don't think i'll keep it on my pull list tho.
hologram ride the whip

dreamshake

Postby surly » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:16 pm

it's definitely not as good as the hickman stuff but i had fun. i'm a sucker for kitty/lockheed hijinks though

gotta say, i'm not so sure kate is the red monarch, given the blind item in the sinister page!Toggle Spoiler
lordofdiapers wrote:damn it Greedo will forever fuck that word for me

surly
the insult bastard

Postby sevenarts » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:25 pm

Yeah this was a big step down and underlines just how effortless Hickman makes this stuff look. It has the density and breadth of his writing, but it just felt jumpy and rushed whereas Hickman turns that kind of pacing into an asset. Still, the premise is cool and there were a lot of good hooks. Bishop as a noirish investigator was a cool tease. Also really enjoyed Pyro showing up.

Gonna be weird adjusting to all these normal-ass X-books again.

sevenarts

Postby reversemigraine » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:47 pm

So is Hickman handing off New Mutants to Brisson after all? Brisson is the only credited writer for issues 3 and 4.

Saves me money.

reversemigraine

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:17 am

pump it into my fuckin veins

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby Hal Jordan » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:01 pm

yeah marauders was weak
well that was intense

Hal Jordan

Postby manvstrees » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:56 pm

yassss
also i enjoyed mauraders from zero expectations
i aint expecting non hickmanbooks to carry any weight, just fun

manvstrees

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....