Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby junglejim » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:14 am

Pretty convinced Xavier will become Nimrod or something similar. Modifying Cerebro to contain Mutant's memories and souls is quite similar to Nimrod's idea to create a giant mutant database (from captured prisoners' minds) in X100 right?Toggle Spoiler

junglejim

Postby Viz » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:21 am

final house of x issue on the thing.

What happens now that both powers and house are ending? Is Hickman writing a monthly x-comic after this? I just use hipinion for my comic news so I hven't been keeping up at actual comic sites.

I like the idea of the council and everyone that's on there.
Sorta felt weird that the trial of Sabretooth was considered a big climatic moment. I mean, it's Sabretooth, he's a true bad guy, it didn't feel shocking that he got exiled. Maybe if they did it to someone from X-force? I dunno.
Toggle Spoiler
Viz

Postby reversemigraine » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:34 am

Hickman is writing the new X-Men and New Mutants ongoings.

reversemigraine

Postby manvstrees » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:52 am

gorgon is a captain and wolverine brings him a beer. fuck yeah. i might have misted upToggle Spoiler
((Stuffed is loved by old and young because this is where the puddings get sent in. Criss-cross paving and those tinkly hanging bells make ((Stuffed a very homely access to Hades. Full marks.

manvstrees

Postby buriedinspace » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:55 am

Gotta say 'we don't believe in prisons but we do believe in putting you in a place wherein you cannot move, think or participate in any activities at all, unless we decide to unilaterally give you another chance' was a... weird moral choice.Toggle Spoiler
ratbags wrote:you're like a wistful naive idiot version of bill simmons

PayPal: paypal.me/binspace because I am a very broke person and maybe you are not?

buriedinspace

Postby manvstrees » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:03 am

buriedinspace wrote:[spoiler]Gotta say 'we don't believe in prisons but we do believe in putting you in a place wherein you cannot move, think or participate in any activities at all, unless we decide to unilaterally give you another chance' was a... weird moral choice.Toggle Spoiler

i think you aren't gonna be fed and sleep and interact, you're in some sort of actual stasis
but i do think exiles is a wave 2 book with this in mind
Toggle Spoiler
((Stuffed is loved by old and young because this is where the puddings get sent in. Criss-cross paving and those tinkly hanging bells make ((Stuffed a very homely access to Hades. Full marks.

manvstrees

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:08 am

the celebrationToggle Spoiler scenes were gorgeous

this simultaneously would work as a final issue of X-Men, and also makes me SO excited for where the series can go
Last edited by Rainbow Battle Kid on Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:12 am

also i was talking to my wife about the series and trying to figure out why i can't JUST land on being excited for them/scared of them. i think cause obv AS a human but one who is sympathetic to their plight, it'd probably be an uncomfortable position to be in, and is probably close to how i feel as a relatively economically stable cis white dude irl. there's not quite a JEALOUSY of those other groups or their situation, but i think there's a feeling that I don't belong in THIS group, given how this group acts collectively. and there's an uncomfortable cognitive dissonance when i'd agree with what they say about "humans" but at the same time don't WANT that to be the case.

tl;dr can i get a student visa for Krakoa
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby reversemigraine » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:15 am

Rainbow Battle Kid wrote:the celebrationToggle Spoilerscenes were gorgeous

this simultaneously would work as a final issue of X-Men, and also makes me SO excited for where the series can go

Yeah, this sets up PoX #6 as being a pretty [lowercase s] sinister little post-credits sequence, huh.

House ends on this hopeful high note, and then we get one last peek inside the Moira story to learn what the catch really is.
Toggle Spoiler
Last edited by reversemigraine on Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

reversemigraine

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:22 am

lol @ Law #1 being MUTANTS MUST FUCKToggle Spoiler

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby reversemigraine » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:23 am

Catholics gonna Catholic.

reversemigraine

Postby reversemigraine » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:41 am

Can't wait to see what the third and final Big Idea will be.

The first two red-label events weren't just twists or retcons, but almost more like the rules that make up the foundation of the story he's telling. The three things you have to understand are that 1) Moira has Groundhog Day powers, 2) Xavier + Cerebro + the Five have the ability to reincarnate all mutants, and 3) _____________.

I almost feel like a stinger that reveals Xavier to be Nimrod or an exploration of what really happened in Life 6 doesn't match, categorically. (Although I wouldn't be shocked if we actually got both in the course of an issue that actually reveals a third key principle.)

reversemigraine

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:44 am

it's gonna be depressing when we go to just one monthly X-Men series. This weekly thing has spoiled me

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby reversemigraine » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:45 am

Rainbow Battle Kid wrote:it's gonna be depressing when we go to just one monthly X-Men series. This weekly thing has spoiled me

It would be foolish not to read New Mutants.

reversemigraine

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:48 am

oh yeah i keep forgetting about that. and i'll still check out the other ones too. i guess 2x month for Hickman isn't too bad.

will be near impossible to just wait for the trades though

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby manvstrees » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:02 pm

Rainbow Battle Kid wrote:also i was talking to my wife about the series and trying to figure out why i can't JUST land on being excited for them/scared of them. i think cause obv AS a human but one who is sympathetic to their plight, it'd probably be an uncomfortable position to be in, and is probably close to how i feel as a relatively economically stable cis white dude irl. there's not quite a JEALOUSY of those other groups or their situation, but i think there's a feeling that I don't belong in THIS group, given how this group acts collectively. and there's an uncomfortable cognitive dissonance when i'd agree with what they say about "humans" but at the same time don't WANT that to be the case.

tl;dr can i get a student visa for Krakoa

its that i know this will not last for them but also that there is something sinister in our house now
like the avengers big idea factory ended in civil war 3 and the end of everything

edit: there's also the fact that helmet xavier has continually played like a gd horror movie, so even when the mutants are wonderful and wolverine is bombarded with young mutant enthusiasts dogpiling on him in a meadow and sharing beers with everyone while fireworks go off we know there are betrayals coming and things more like the final scene of scanners
Toggle Spoiler
Last edited by manvstrees on Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

manvstrees

Postby manvstrees » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:07 pm

reversemigraine wrote:Can't wait to see what the third and final Big Idea will be.

The first two red-label events weren't just twists or retcons, but almost more like the rules that make up the foundation of the story he's telling. The three things you have to understand are that 1) Moira has Groundhog Day powers, 2) Xavier + Cerebro + the Five have the ability to reincarnate all mutants, and 3) _____________.

I almost feel like a stinger that reveals Xavier to be Nimrod or an exploration of what really happened in Life 6 doesn't match, categorically. (Although I wouldn't be shocked if we actually got both in the course of an issue that actually reveals a third key principle.)

i do think that cover of moira standing over the corpses is life 6 or xavier nimrod reveal

edit: the thing i've never been able to figure out about m6 is that m5 leads so perfectly directly into m7
m6 is a blindspot. something that was canceled or something she forgot.

man what is "xavier has done this twice"

manvstrees

Postby buriedinspace » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:42 pm

People seem to be not spoiler tagging this page. Not to be a scold, but is there anyone out there still wanting spoiler tags and if not, we should mark that this thread contains spoilers, I think?

PayPal: paypal.me/binspace because I am a very broke person and maybe you are not?

buriedinspace

Postby manvstrees » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:44 pm

i don't think it needs policing but i did one for you

manvstrees

Postby surly » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:20 pm

red king is omega red, rightToggle Spoiler
lordofdiapers wrote:damn it Greedo will forever fuck that word for me

surly
the insult bastard

Postby manvstrees » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:27 pm

nah we know who this is

manvstrees

Postby Viz » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:27 pm

reversemigraine wrote:Can't wait to see what the third and final Big Idea will be.

I'm thinking that 3 will be the answer to Apocaplypse's question of why AI always seems to hound mutants.
Viz

Postby manvstrees » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:28 pm

its someone who has been in....one panel so far?Toggle Spoiler

manvstrees

Postby manvstrees » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:30 pm

Viz wrote:

I'm thinking that 3 will be the answer to Apocaplypse's question of why AI always seems to hound mutants.

i dunno i think the machines always just see them as the top obstacle because eventually it's all life they're after

manvstrees

Postby reversemigraine » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:39 pm

Viz wrote:

"Cerebro Is Problematic" has been done before but I do kinda wonder whether its creation / very existence plays into this. Especially since Hickman has chosen to give it such a central place in both the plot and the imagery. Like, maybe the headset isn't covering up the problem so much as it IS the problem. (Again, he'd have to take a new tack on this to make it work.)

It also seems like PoX 6 needs to provide a hint as to how the X^3 / Phalanx stuff is going to relate back to present day / HoX-era stories. What's he trying to tell us about the present-day timeline by depicting this particular far future at this point in the story?

reversemigraine

Postby manvstrees » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:41 pm

right as that future earth is set to be assimilated/devoured, what choice do the librarian and nimrod make and does rasputin walk out of a singularity at the end

manvstrees

Postby buriedinspace » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:00 pm

manvstrees wrote:its someone who has been in....one panel so far?Toggle Spoiler

FWIW: It's Kitty and the 'Hellfire Trading Company' is going to be the heart of the Marauders book all three are going to be in, per comments by the writer of the book Gerry Duggan plus based on an already released teaser.

I do wonder if there was some miscommunication here because we are getting it sold as a mystery in the book and it's beingopenly spoiled by Duggan and by Marvel themselves outside of the book.
Toggle Spoiler

buriedinspace

Postby manvstrees » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:17 am

manvstrees

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:22 am

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby reversemigraine » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:14 am

Someone please throw this thing in the thing the instant it pops up. My schedule doesn't look like it's gonna allow a quick trip to the LCS today.

reversemigraine

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....