Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:19 am

reversemigraine wrote:Someone please throw this thing in the thing the instant it pops up. My schedule doesn't look like it's gonna allow a quick trip to the LCS today.

the thing is in the thing
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby reversemigraine » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:48 am

I love the way Hickman can make you feel so dumb for not figuring out in advance what he's put right there in front of you.

It makes so much sense.

Also:

- Holy shit, Moira's journal entry re: Magneto actually addressed the thing that stood out to me from the very first issue: "man, X-writers sure have mined the island-as-mutant-sanctuary/mutant-prison metaphor over the years. (See also: Muir, Genosha, Madripoor, Asteroid M... Australia...)"

- They bred Proteus specifically for the reincarnation project. :shock:
Toggle Spoiler

reversemigraine

Postby endless dave » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:56 am

wow, it is such a small but dead on detail that after Moria dies in the Powers of X X3 timeline (Moria 6), the next timeline is the one she becomes a black ops assassin to kill the Trasks in hopes of stopping Nimrod. Plus, I imagine imagine after a thousand years, most of it imprisoned, she'd be on the warpathToggle Spoiler

endless dave

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:11 am

Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby dreamshake » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:28 pm

Rainbow Battle Kid wrote:Image
ImageToggle Spoiler

dark place low is a nice soundtrack to this issue tooToggle Spoiler
hologram ride the whip

dreamshake

Postby manvstrees » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:33 pm

oh i just roared
((Stuffed is loved by old and young because this is where the puddings get sent in. Criss-cross paving and those tinkly hanging bells make ((Stuffed a very homely access to Hades. Full marks.

manvstrees

Postby dreamshake » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:33 pm

so I might have missed them, but have Rogue or Gambit shown up, like even in a panel? given their prominence in the line before the reboot, I've thought they're absence was strange. Maybe Kelly Thompson is writing a book with them for wave 2. I was really bummed that she wasn't any of the wave 1 booksToggle Spoiler
hologram ride the whip

dreamshake

Postby manvstrees » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:35 pm

i sense three years minimum if not five of this run
god bless us every one
((Stuffed is loved by old and young because this is where the puddings get sent in. Criss-cross paving and those tinkly hanging bells make ((Stuffed a very homely access to Hades. Full marks.

manvstrees

Postby manvstrees » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:35 pm

dreamshake wrote:so I might have missed them, but have Rogue or Gambit shown up, like even in a panel? given their prominence in the line before the reboot, I've thought they're absence was strange. Maybe Kelly Thompson is writing a book with them for wave 2. I was really bummed that she wasn't any of the wave 1 booksToggle Spoiler

there will be rogue plus chimera hijinks

manvstrees

Postby manvstrees » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:43 pm

1-destiny incoming
2-franklin makes a deal with "our" dominion
Toggle Spoiler

manvstrees

Postby reversemigraine » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:47 pm

Yeah, psyched for the inevitable arrival of Franklin + Galactus.Toggle Spoiler

reversemigraine

Postby manvstrees » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:30 pm

is it next wednesday yet

manvstrees

Postby variegated reality » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:14 pm

reversemigraine wrote:Yeah, psyched for the inevitable arrival of Franklin + Galactus.Toggle Spoiler

Hell yeah

variegated reality

Postby variegated reality » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:14 pm

This got me so pumped up

variegated reality

Postby dogshower » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:52 pm

this was so good holy smokes. moira x and wolverine are conspirators like in her past lives i am guessing?Toggle Spoiler
JUMP

dogshower

Postby new blood, » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:09 pm

something I'm still not clear on is if the timeline with rasputin and the cardinal and nimrod and all that was life 9, why does percival as he's dying say the "while you slept, the world changed” speech? isn't that first said by Xavier in life 10?
i was just going to suggest that maybe everybody should cool out maybe

new blood,
ok

Postby reversemigraine » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:34 pm

It's the epigraph to HoX #1, right? There's no note indicating which Xavier said it.

It's clearly a message that's crossing through the timelines.

Don't forget that Namor said it in the FF run. Quite possible that it's something imprinted to mutants' unconscious.

reversemigraine

Postby sevenarts » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:25 pm

sevenarts wrote:Life 10 leads to the "it's not a dream if it's real" scene and Charles' awakening - so year 1 from POX. Does life 9 lead to the Nimrod future, year 100? We do see Moira and Apocalypse fighting Nimrod. Maybe then the missing life leads to year 1000 and the Librarian.Toggle Spoiler

:D

This was fantastic. Loved the payoff for the Librarian/Phalanx storyline. Got chills at "so ended the sixth life of Moira X." Moira and Wolverine repeating that dynamic across multiple lives, how it always winds up he's left to kill her.Toggle Spoiler

sevenarts

Postby Althea » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:33 pm

dogshower wrote:this was so good holy smokes. moira x and wolverine are conspirators like in her past lives i am guessing?Toggle Spoiler

Seems that way. The callback to Moira 9 and Wolverine's "send me on my way/this is what I do" conversation was touching. Incredible how Hickman and the artists have managed to give all these deaths - Moira 9, Moira 6, Nightcrawler & Wolverine, Jean Grey... - such palpable weight despite the fact that they're openly temporary.

So the Phalanx or the thing it ascends to can go between Moira's various lives/timelines. Maybe Moira has been using this, and during the ascension in her sixth life she planted like a virus that will pay off in her tenth life. Like if the Phalanx shows up in life ten and all seems lost she activates this reset command that she introduced in life 6.

"Not once in all my lives have you changed./Thank you./It's not a compliment."

Moira 10 and Xavier walking into the sunset/Wolverine killing Moira 6 framed the same way

God, so it's just weekly x-titles from here on out? This is already an all-time great X-Men run and we're only a few months in. I'm so excited for what comes next, it would be fun to stay in this status quo for awhile and do some adventures in this setup as opposed to about this setup or existential threats to it. Like the first few arcs of Morrison's Batman & Robin when Bruce Wayne was gone.
Toggle Spoiler

Althea

Postby manvstrees » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:37 pm

manvstrees

Postby Althea » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:11 pm

I am not ashamed of what I am. Left them try and stop us this time.Toggle Spoiler

Althea

Postby manvstrees » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:13 pm

v interested in what orchis next steps are
i mean aside from infiltrating krakoa via gorgon

manvstrees

Postby Althea » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:17 pm

Oh shit Wolverine is the virus Moira delivers in her sixth life, he gets absorbed into the Phalanx the day after he kills her. The payoff for that is going to be awesome.Toggle Spoiler

Althea

Postby manvstrees » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:20 pm

i dont think leaving wolverine there constituted part of a planToggle Spoiler

manvstrees

Postby dogshower » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:25 pm

i guess wolverine would ascend but what would that do?Toggle Spoiler
JUMP

dogshower

Postby manvstrees » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:27 pm

the mutants are definitely going to have to kill god

manvstrees

Postby sevenarts » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:32 pm

dogshower wrote:i guess wolverine would ascend but what would that do?Toggle Spoiler

The actual humans / mutants don’t ascend - the Phalanx aren’t interested in organics, the flesh is just energy for the phalanx to absorb. The post-humans are uploading their consciousnesses via robot bodies, which is what actually ascends.Toggle Spoiler

sevenarts

Postby manvstrees » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:36 pm

dear lord up in robot heaven was such a great "fuck you"Toggle Spoiler

manvstrees

Postby surly » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:54 pm

:o :o :o :o :o :o
lordofdiapers wrote:damn it Greedo will forever fuck that word for me

surly
the insult bastard

Postby avenue » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:34 pm

That ending was a real bummer for all the precog mutantsToggle Spoiler

avenue

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....