Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby jca » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:04 am

The audio is sooo garbled it was hard to hear what was going on. Rewatched it today and I liked it better, but there’s still a bunch of parts that make no sense

jca

Postby Feech La Manna » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:13 am

lol
badhat wrote:bike solve all problems

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby tgk » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:30 am

im assuming movie theaters are absolute ghost towns right now right? like, even if people were totally cool with going into theaters there's jack shit to see.

tgk

Postby davideotape » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:20 am

yeah its essentially tenet, new mutants, the road rage movie, and old stuff. i scoped out tenet the first week but screenings in my area had enough people in the theater (“occupied” in the seat selections) to keep me away. now that its not opening weekend for any of those it should be really empty.

and wb moving back Wonder Woman seems to make it clear that theaters are pretty much empty and nobodys making money in theaters yet.
oh, word?

davideotape

Postby palmer eldritch » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:26 am

anyone who isn't dumb as hell is going to wipe their release slate until spring

palmer eldritch

Postby Feech La Manna » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:28 am

yeah outside of common sense the fact that Disney never even made a pretention to do regular releases made it clear it was a bad idea

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby palmer eldritch » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:29 am

they moved wonder woman to dec along with dune?

kind of laughing out loud here at the the thought of a bunch of people traveling around the country at christmas time and then going to sit in theaters with strangers

palmer eldritch

Postby Rumours » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:33 am

black widow going to be the first real test at this point? November 6th is gonna be here real quick and I doubt Disney won't push it.

Theaters have been packed for Tenet here in Hong Kong, but you know, different situation.

Rumours

Postby Feech La Manna » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:35 am

Oh I didn't realize they gave Black Widow a date. We'll see!

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby tgk » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:35 am

oh man new mutants lolololol

tgk

Postby Feech La Manna » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:39 am

New Mutants was a mercy kill

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby davideotape » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:47 am

yeah new mutants was like executives had a list of circumstances where it could possibly be released in theaters and “global pandemic where nobody can leave their house” was unfortunately on it
oh, word?

davideotape

Postby tgk » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:49 am

i never even saw a trailer for that movie

tgk

Postby davideotape » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:42 pm

jfc i was pricing tix for this tomorrow and imax is $22. can i please just buy this for 3 more american dollars
oh, word?

davideotape

Postby hyperbole man » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:17 pm

davideotape wrote:jfc i was pricing tix for this tomorrow and imax is $22. can i please just buy this for 3 more american dollars

you’re in philly yeah? the film society is doing a makeshift drive-in at the navy yard, $12 tix. obv not as good as imax but...
hyperbole man
post/username

Postby davideotape » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:27 pm

yeah maybe. its only on the weekend though and im not going to be around. i think i have amc credits
oh, word?

davideotape

Postby davideotape » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:04 pm

i got a ticket for 8:15 tonight, seems like 2 other people in the theater so far based on seat selections. itll be fine, right?
oh, word?

davideotape

Postby Link » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:14 pm

Saw it yesterday afternoon at 4:00 there were 4 other people in the theater.

I had a good time, I love going to the movies, etc

Link

Postby davideotape » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:33 pm

Yeah i changed my time to 4 tomorrow and feel better about it
oh, word?

davideotape

Postby Eyeball Kid » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:47 pm

Folks, I saw this movie in a movie theater (with a friend, even; we sat four seats apart!) and neither my friend nor myself have COVID. It can be done.

Eyeball Kid

Postby tgk » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:00 pm

Im not gonna bother till I can watch with subtitles

tgk

Postby davideotape » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:07 pm

you guys werent kidding with that dialogue being hard to hear wtf how does that happen when theres soooo much expository dialogue lol
oh, word?

davideotape

Postby mego » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:43 pm

why is it only me who can see that listening to too much boards of canada and underworld has screwed up all your ears and that's why you can't hear the dialogue?

"oh nooo it's not my ears it's the movie that's wrong" yeah right surrrrre :roll:

mego

Postby davideotape » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:46 pm

maybe— imax sound was LOUD tho. when theres no music or background it was easy to follow but otherwise i was like oh jfc cmon stop you just want us to rent this again
oh, word?

davideotape

Postby Eyeball Kid » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:53 pm

Didn't Warner Bros force Nolan to fix Bane's dialogue in The Dark Knight Rises because he was originally largely unintelligible?

Eyeball Kid

Postby tgk » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:59 pm

Yes. Can't hear shit in dunkirk either

tgk

Postby Peptobysmal » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:33 pm

I saw this with my dad who needs subtitles for watching TV at home and I feel pretty sure he didn't understand a word of it. I also had a lot of trouble hearing. Even if I could understand what they were saying I'm not confident I'd understand it any better.

Help me out if you want: I don't understand.... (big spoilers here obviously) what the villain's deal is, and I don't understand the algorithm thing. He said something about how people in the future are mad that their world sucks cuz global warming (this motivation speech was one of the hardest things to understand, just hearing-wise, and it was super annoying), but what does the bad guy blowing up the world accomplish? And if it inverts the flow of time and makes things go backward, and he turns it on in the past, doesn't he just make everything at the point go back? How does that help people in the future? And why did people keep referring to it as like the end of the universe?Toggle Spoiler

Peptobysmal

Postby davideotape » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:47 pm

it sounded like his death set off a “bomb” that flipped time and somehow erased humanity. and the Dead Again dude did it because he was already dying so why not and the future people trusted him to change things or try to and he was just like “this is a lot of power i guess ill just kill everything, sounds like a good way to die” but yeah the sound was so bad i had to just go “ehh that’s probably it”
oh, word?

davideotape

Postby Jouster » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:33 pm

Eyeball Kid wrote:The zero-gravity fight in Inception was really good, and there's some nicely staged hand-to-hand combat in Tenet. Nolan appears to know how to stage fisticuffs but is totally lost at gunfire.

I agree with this. It's especially odd because Nolan is an avowed Michael Mann superfan and he (obviously) does gunfights much, much better. Guess you can't always emulate your heroes.

Jouster

Postby jca » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:44 pm

Peptobysmal wrote:I saw this with my dad who needs subtitles for watching TV at home and I feel pretty sure he didn't understand a word of it. I also had a lot of trouble hearing. Even if I could understand what they were saying I'm not confident I'd understand it any better.

Help me out if you want: I don't understand.... (big spoilers here obviously) what the villain's deal is, and I don't understand the algorithm thing. He said something about how people in the future are mad that their world sucks cuz global warming (this motivation speech was one of the hardest things to understand, just hearing-wise, and it was super annoying), but what does the bad guy blowing up the world accomplish? And if it inverts the flow of time and makes things go backward, and he turns it on in the past, doesn't he just make everything at the point go back? How does that help people in the future? And why did people keep referring to it as like the end of the universe?Toggle Spoiler

that part was really hard to hear but yeah you got the first part right. but the bomb wouldnt invert time, it would just kill everyone/most people. then people in the future (centuries later i guess) would enjoy the environment people today are destroying. im also unclear about how destructive bomb would be, like if it blows up the planet (thats what the script made it seem like?) or just kills like 95% of the world?Toggle Spoiler

jca

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....