Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Locust Valley » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:32 am

Was gone for a week and came back last night and won with Silent for the first time. Catalyst+ is such an insanely powerful card. I abandoned any attempt at building a shiv deck and went straight poison and just blazed thru. Finally on to the last character
Locust Valley

Postby cooly » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:40 am

goddamn i suck at the watcher lol
can wrote:old lady [whispering]

cooly

Postby Locust Valley » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:04 pm

Finally beat the base game with all 3 mains, now it’s time to start ascension I guess

Defect is too easy with the right cards. I had multiple Fragment+ and Loop+, so along with Ice Cream relic and equilibrium I managed to accrue 24 energy and hit Time Eater with a 48 base damage Dark with multi cast 24 times for 1,152 damage. First time I’ve literally jumped for joy in years
Locust Valley

Postby wakeman » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:19 pm

Had my usual Sunday night work anxiety nightmare last night but I’ve been playing so much of this game that each dream task was in the form of a hand of cards. Like 1 energy Slack Response, 2 energy Send Email, 3 energy Actual Work
wakeman

Postby Ratthew » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:32 pm

Watcher is so much fun. Such a fresh coat of paint on a house that didn't even necessarily need it.

Love2Scry

Ratthew

Postby Legion » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:33 pm

I've made it past level 3 ascension with the three original characters; level 4 is tough.

The Watcher rules! Similarities to & differences with the Defect. Took me three plays to get thru & finish the (real) end. I wanna replay focused more on the Mark form of damage, I haven't tried that yet. Deva Form is also sick.

Pretty sure Pen Nib is my favorite relic. Fookin brütal combined w/her Retain attack that keeps growing in power.

Stuntman: Hipinion for me is like a choose-your-own adventure where every topic is a direct path to the depressed thread.

Legion

Postby wakeman » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:57 pm

Yessss finally best the Heart! Only on A2 but got an insane Defect run with Sneko Eye, Meteor, Echo Form and Ice Cream Cone, was starting each turn with double digit energy.
wakeman

Postby Locust Valley » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:33 pm

Hell yeah congrats. I just beat A1 with Ironclad on first try and felt accomplished but I can’t imagine even trying to take on the heart yet especially with defect who my only winning run was because of pure luck drawing ice cream cone

I fucking love ice cream cone
Locust Valley

Postby Locust Valley » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:35 pm

I’m finally getting to the point where I feel comfortable taking on as many elites as possible in Act 1-2 and stacking up on relics even with lower health. Shit pays dividends in act 3. God I love this game. I only have25 hours logged but it’s basically all I think about
Locust Valley

Postby manvstrees » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:08 pm

i had weird dreams and woke up at about 330 and played a run of all 4 characters before getting back in bed
((Stuffed is loved by old and young because this is where the puddings get sent in. Criss-cross paving and those tinkly hanging bells make ((Stuffed a very homely access to Hades. Full marks.

manvstrees

Postby wakeman » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:15 pm

Any word on when Watcher is coming to consoles?
wakeman

Postby mooncalf » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:43 pm

Just played this for the first time starting yesterday, I think this is going to be my type of game. Could see myself possibly sinking 100s of hours. Died to the 2nd level boss the first time, won the game on my second run (both as ironclad). It seems not too hard? Or is that just because normal mode is like a tutorial for ascension runs? Maybe I've just been extremely lucky...

mooncalf

Postby joe » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:46 pm

finally got heart death with the watcher at like a4

joe

Postby mooncalf » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:26 pm

Beat the heart for the first time on my 2nd ever defect run. Frost orbs are OP. I suck at the silent though, probably only like a 20% win rate. I think it's probably because I've been going for poison builds that take too long to set up and not enough block so I'm too much a glass cannon.

mooncalf

Postby joe » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:25 am

i shank with the silent when possible. sucks if you get time eater though

joe

Postby manvstrees » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:52 pm

get in on jorbs supposedly trying netrunner on stream tonight

https://www.twitch.tv/jorbs
((Stuffed is loved by old and young because this is where the puddings get sent in. Criss-cross paving and those tinkly hanging bells make ((Stuffed a very homely access to Hades. Full marks.

manvstrees

Postby manvstrees » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:49 pm

got maybe my 2nd a20 heart kill with defect last night, gonna do some runs this afternoon
starting with defect again

edits:
lol switched boss relic, got runic dome
can i make it to act 2

these relics mostly suck but innate chill/chaos plus/auto shields got me there

manvstrees

Postby manvstrees » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:24 pm

this was actually going great, should have been fine there. slight nonbo with autoshield then switching to bottled loop+ plan, just needed one defrag but no focus cards turned up

the relics really got movin

manvstrees

Postby wakeman » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:24 pm

Watcher is live on Switch for anyone playing there.
wakeman

Postby manvstrees » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:19 pm

well this worked out.
killed transient too for kicks, think act 3 was perfect.

manvstrees

Postby lil bro » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:27 am

Still kinda butt with watcher but one shotting time eaters 2nd phase with a 66x13 expunger was very cool
frig

lil bro

Postby mooncalf » Mon May 18, 2020 11:32 pm

just had my first watcher heart win on asc 4. traded my starting relic and neow gave me coffee dripper (no resting), so i thought i'd be fucked. but in the end i melted everything. only lost 9 hit points to the heart. learned that 'wave of the hand' can be an amazing card, which surprised me.

i love this game. i spent like 5 hours watching jorbs videos this past weekend.

mooncalf

Postby broodstar » Tue May 19, 2020 12:33 am

haven't played this game in a while but still getting a contact high

broodstar

Postby lil bro » Fri May 22, 2020 2:42 pm

Anyone playing monster train? It’s a lot of fun so far but I really don’t understand what’s with these sort of games having consistently bad art styles
frig

lil bro

Postby broodstar » Fri May 22, 2020 2:50 pm

these games all mostly just rip the slay the spire formula with cheap assets and it's still a winner

i've played like 20~ "deckbuilding roguelites"

broodstar

Postby broodstar » Sun May 24, 2020 1:39 am

okay monster train seems cool

kinda unityware slay the spire but the train/compartment/unit stuff is nice

broodstar

Postby banquo » Sun May 24, 2020 11:11 am

lil bro wrote:Anyone playing monster train? It’s a lot of fun so far but I really don’t understand what’s with these sort of games having consistently bad art styles

Monster Train has been enjoyable so far (after 6 hours played). it feels simpler than StS, but there's a bit of a grind to the higher covenant (ascension) levels where decisions should matter more. my only complaint is that it feels less focused on interesting card synergies and more towards deck archetypes.

I'm reluctant to play StS because after so many hours it feels like it needs something new like different/new monsters or diff monster ai, but Monster Train has been scratching that itch/worth the $20 if you're wanting a (very) StS-like game

banquo

Postby broodstar » Sun May 24, 2020 1:20 pm

all of my strategies have been pretty reliant on heavily scaling units, especially something like multistrike x3 quick plant and then mass buffing them

dunno how else to play, spells suck

the first covenant/ascension level already adds 5 random cards (+3 compared to a regular deck) which can already be hugely debilitating if you get a bunch of shit ones, so the difficulty scaling is not very gradual, and the clans feel like they get worse and worse

broodstar

Postby banquo » Sun May 24, 2020 2:23 pm

broodstar wrote:all of my strategies have been pretty reliant on heavily scaling units, especially something like multistrike x3 quick plant and then mass buffing them

dunno how else to play, spells suck

I've only played one game where spells carried, but it was through huge spell dmg multipliers that would have fallen apart immediately if my champion who was applying them died.

i really dislike the duplication station and how reliant I've been on using it

banquo

Postby broodstar » Sun May 24, 2020 2:37 pm

there's a random event that just duplicates a card 5 times which is absurd. after floor 1 i had 6 copies of a 13x3 attack multistrike quick hitter

anyway i'm pretty sure spells and the spellslinger clan sucks but i got relics that pulled out 4 units from my deck onto the train directly and one that stunned the enemy for a turn and that's the only way i won--through absurd relics.

broodstar

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....