Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby broodstar » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:21 am

hm i cant win with anything right now

broodstar

Postby broodstar » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:28 pm

got my first a20+heart watcher run

still seems very have or have not. a lot of my runs tend to die in the third act after not getting enough scaling damage; i can usually burst for like 200-300 with a wrath combo but die to the head/double end bosses. here, i finally got a snecko eye after act 1, and found a 'lesson learned' which upgrades a card on kill which upgraded my entire deck, then just started jamming wallops (deal 13 damage and gain block equal to damage dealt) and a deva form (gain 12 plated armor). two devotion (gain 3 mantra) means you go into divinity every second turn, which is probably a decent win con for this class

all in all still feels pretty janky. maybe i should give some of the more fleshed out modded chars a try

broodstar

Postby manvstrees » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:49 pm

i know only A3 but heart kill and new deva form is stupid
hard to mess this one up

(niky's codex was regularly giving me extra vaults and deva forms
((Stuffed is loved by old and young because this is where the puddings get sent in. Criss-cross paving and those tinkly hanging bells make ((Stuffed a very homely access to Hades. Full marks.

manvstrees

Postby manvstrees » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:35 pm

god these a20 ironclad/silent/defect decks have been insane but still dying in act 2
game is not easy

edit: also calling bell is better wtf
((Stuffed is loved by old and young because this is where the puddings get sent in. Criss-cross paving and those tinkly hanging bells make ((Stuffed a very homely access to Hades. Full marks.

manvstrees

Postby cooly » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:41 pm

i'm trying to get the stray achievements i don't have yet. i feel like i should be able to make a decent silent shiv deck without uncommons/rares but i'm not finding the relics i need. :(
can wrote:old lady [whispering]

cooly

Postby manvstrees » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:43 pm

i think its very rare that accuracy is worth it right
just cloak and dagger and shuriken/kunai

edit: i mean those are the relics that you mean so i feel you

manvstrees

Postby manvstrees » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:51 pm

just noticed the scaling on the wish+ plated armor option o god

edit: and i have calipers. prob another heart victory coming up

manvstrees

Postby manvstrees » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:54 pm

hrm yeah this is normal

edit:

just hangin out

manvstrees

Postby broodstar » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:57 pm

accuracy sucks huge ones

ive been playing modded characters, unfortunately it only works on live version and not beta so i haven't thoroughly tested some of the changes. people do wacky shit. i fought a pokemon fennekin boss with an anime looking witch in an alternate act 4

besides that, other sts-likes that are entertaining me for doing different things than the usual clones: NEOVERSE, deck of ashes, erranorth reborn

broodstar

Postby manvstrees » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:24 pm

this shit just got wild and i'm not seeing enemy intents
fav run ever possibly

manvstrees

Postby brent » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:32 pm

i really wish there was a playable demo for this

brent

Postby joe » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:45 am

just got this last week and this is already destroying my life. beat the game (the first time) with each character finally

joe

Postby joe » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:46 am

oh god steam says i've played for 24 hours

joe

Postby Locust Valley » Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:29 pm

I just got this and on my third run I made it to act 3 final boss, killed him, only to realize he respawns a second time. Got him down to 100 hp but couldn’t draw my buffed carnages I needed. Pretty good learning experience though. I swapped snecko eye with my starting relic which I think the risk/reward really payed off but that extra hp going into the last battle might have saved me.

This game is addicting as hell
Locust Valley

Postby Locust Valley » Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:30 pm

Is 36 cards too big of a deck? I didn’t realize until this run that you could skip adding a card at the end of the battle which I think I might experiment with going forward
Locust Valley

Postby cooly » Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:54 pm

i think 36 cards is typically too big.

i feel bad linking this site to a new player, so click at your own risk, but i find https://spirelogs.com/ pretty interesting in aggregating data for which cards and relics are worth taking and which generally aren't.

having said that, i think you should let yourself explore the game and develop your style before you start looking at winrates of particular cards etc. it's more fun that way.

it's an incredible game. i've spent hundreds of hours on it just trying out different bullshit decks and going for achievements / trying to beat a20 with various characters. enjoy it!
can wrote:old lady [whispering]

cooly

Postby broodstar » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:18 pm

most of my decks were in the 36 range, but they were slimmer at lower levels. I don't think it matters too much. if you never skipped a card that's definitely something to look change though

broodstar

Postby joe » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:33 am

I want the mobile version to come out and fuck me up

joe

Postby joe » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:34 am

I'm at a8-a13 I think right now with the three characters

joe

Postby Locust Valley » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:07 pm

Finally stopped picking up flexes at all, have gotten way better at keeping a slimmer deck, and have used upgraded body slams to earn a few victories playing very defensively. Think I’m going to attempt a more offensive run with upgrades flexes next before moving on to another character
Locust Valley

Postby Locust Valley » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:40 pm

Just watched the most recent Jorbs ironclad run on YouTube and it is insane. Are players like that constantly doing the math every turn or do they mostly just have combos memorized and calculate as necessary? He plays so quickly I have a hard time imagining he’s running through the numbers each and every time. His ability to play comfortable at like 25% health for the entirety of a floor is dumbfounding to me
Locust Valley

Postby Locust Valley » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:58 pm

After watching that jorbs video and trying to be bolder I managed to snag a shit load of relics by the end of act 2 but they were almost all useless and I got slaughtered by the boss

This fucking game
Locust Valley

Postby Locust Valley » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:59 pm

I think I’m going to christen the new year by pounding dales pale ale and watching twitch streamers play. Better to let the pros do it than continue to waste my time in frustration.
Locust Valley

Postby manvstrees » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:01 pm

im probably doing lighthouse rewatch/wine/rooftop/spires

manvstrees

Postby wakeman » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:30 pm

got to the heart for the first time, with 28 hp left. How the FUCK do you beat this thing?
wakeman

Postby honeypie » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:17 pm

i'm not sure what ascension you're playing on and i only started going for heart kills after beating a20 so this may not be totally applicable but here's some advice.

from a2 onwards i try to start building my deck with the intention of killing the heart. this means once i feel capable of taking on hallway fights/elites comfortably i try and take cards/relics that allow me to scale quickly enough to kill it/survive the big hit/mitigate the small hits. the heart is unique because you need some specific tools to deal with it as opposed to every other fight where a strong deck randomly cobbled together will allow you to limp through

as for general deck tips: you pretty much always take sneko eye or runic pyramid when offered (but not both together unless you have a way to discard everything or you'll get stuck with a hand full of 3 cost defends). both of those boss relics are stronger than anything else offered by an order of magnitude and playing around them will boost your win rate by a lot

if you get to the heart with 28 hp you're def gonna lose unless you have a completely bonkers deck (dead branch/corruption ironclad run) and high roll your starting hand.

sometimes even if you have the right tools you get a bad draw/the big hit comes before the small hits and you just die anyway, it fucking sucks!

honeypie

Postby honeypie » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:44 pm

disclaimer: i made that post, loaded up sts, got a bunch of insane relics/cards and immediately died to slime boss

honeypie

Postby wakeman » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:38 am

Thx dude, I haven’t even tried ascensions yet, was just finishing the last set of unlocks for defect and happened to make it all the way to act 4
wakeman

Postby joe » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:38 am

wait why is sneko eye good

edit: i guess i don't play with a lot of expensive cards maybe, which i would with it

joe

Postby honeypie » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:16 pm

snecko eye makes every card's average energy cost 1.5 which is almost always a buff to stuff you want to play, but the less obvious/more powerful part is that you draw two extra cards per turn.

this type of hand manipulation becomes super important in the higher difficulties where hp loss per fight matters more in min-maxing campfires/extra elite fights and is the same reason why runic is so strong

e: here's a super wonky silent run that died at the heart today. i got 0 boss energy relics and snap picked wrist blade for an awful shiv deck. i think i could have actually won this run if i didn't bottle wraith form in the floor before heart. the 3x upgraded apparition is insanely busted

honeypie

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....