Disco Elysium (GOAT)

'Cause I've been postin' and laughin' so long
That even my momma thinks that my mind is gone

Postby CudNylon » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:51 pm

Learning I gotta talk to everyone, even the assholes and cryptoToggle Spoilerfascists.

CudNylon

Postby morris buttermaker » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:22 pm

I started a second play through intending on being a dumb brute cop. Didn’t keep playing but all these bumps are making me want to play real bad.

morris buttermaker

Postby garbiel » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:58 pm

encountered a bug on day three looks like the carToggle Spoiler is getting ignored this playthrough
mactheo wrote:look: i don't understand

garbiel

Postby Smiling Penner-Lite » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:40 pm

I haven't even found a bag yet. Just got the body now.

Not sure what "internalizing" means for Measurehead or high-fives.

Haven't had a single crash on PS5 but yes some random audio drop-outs on the voice acting.

Smiling Penner-Lite

Postby Primary » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:24 am

one crash in about 20 hours of play for me on PS4. im fine with it, just making sure to manual save more than i usually would.. sounds stupid but the wonky controls kinda adds to the experience for me
so many social engagements, so little time

Primary

Postby kirito » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:59 am

Smiling Penner-Lite wrote:I haven't even found a bag yet. Just got the body now.

Not sure what "internalizing" means for Measurehead or high-fives.

Haven't had a single crash on PS5 but yes some random audio drop-outs on the voice acting.

press square and go to your thoughts menu

kirito

Postby CudNylon » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:19 am

Got my first highlighted item i can’t select and it’s major to a side quest. Will get that on another playthrough.

Edit: removed rambling, see post below for list of bugs encountered.
Last edited by CudNylon on Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

CudNylon

Postby garbiel » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:41 pm

printing out kim's portrait and putting it in my wallet

garbiel

Postby funkfunkfunk » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:53 pm

garbiel wrote:printing out kim's portrait and putting it in my wallet

putting him down as your emergency contact
jockesh or jakesh in farsi means pimp and unlike american in farsi pimp is a big insult and commonly applied to scoundrels and bad people like bush jr and i dont know of a word for actual jocks i dont think its a thing in iran but also anyway i wanted to say i believe in nothing

funkfunkfunk

Postby Fine Wine » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:15 pm

Am i gonna get used to the clunky controls

Fine Wine

Postby garbiel » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:17 pm

my gf picked the "call kim a binoclard" dialogue option and im considering ending the relationship

garbiel

Postby Locke » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:27 pm

i was talking to titus earlier (best conversation in the game so far) and in a freaked out, misplaced power move i demanded kim give me his gun. i stuck it in my mouth and started threatening to kill myself right in the middle of the cafeteria and the other union guys were like "is anyone else seeing this?"Toggle Spoiler it was deeply funny to me. kim gave me a very stern talking to after that.

got on cuno's good side at least, gonna go kill his dadToggle Spoiler.

Locke

Postby funkfunkfunk » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:31 pm

garbiel wrote:my gf picked the "call kim a binoclard" dialogue option and im considering ending the relationship

is your gf a 90s teen movie bully? that could be hot tbh
jockesh or jakesh in farsi means pimp and unlike american in farsi pimp is a big insult and commonly applied to scoundrels and bad people like bush jr and i dont know of a word for actual jocks i dont think its a thing in iran but also anyway i wanted to say i believe in nothing

funkfunkfunk

Postby CudNylon » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:04 am

garbiel wrote:encountered a bug on day three looks like the carToggle Spoiler is getting ignored this playthrough

This is the main bug people are finding but I’ve also had issues with digging up the armor behind little Lily’s, listening to the radiocomputer in the church with the speed freaks equipment, and retrieving my gun during the boardwalk meetingToggle Spoiler on top of audio/gameplay issues and crashes.
So I’m done until the fixes seem sufficient enough to start over again.

CudNylon

Postby brent » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:13 am

lol this really does run terribly

brent

Postby Locke » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:45 am

no way the switch version releases

Locke

Postby pure white soul tendency » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:47 am

it ran terribly on pc upon release too for what it's worth. and now apparently runs decently well on most computers.
helloppl wrote:More tribal bullshit. Guess what I'm Roman catholic. U think I give a flying cookie what some forum dweeb thinks of me? I look up to men that pray 14 hrs a day. I forgot the secular humanists are the only ones who get to enjoy Hollywood "entertainments".

pure white soul tendency

Postby iambic » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:33 pm

I don't remember it having many issues on pc except some slight hitching when zooming in and out or scrolling. there might have been some minor bugs, but it was bizarrely polished for a tiny indie dev team with no publisher and minimal game design experience

it runs at 140fps locked for me now

iambic

Postby laserblast » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:05 pm

ah i see the ZA/UM street team has logged on

laserblast

Postby Fine Wine » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:09 pm

i don't have many performance issues but seriously my ability to lock onto a thing and hit x to engage with it often takes 3 go 'rounds. Sometimes my dude just kinda spins around or finds a new spot and then nothing happens until I do it two more times.

Fine Wine

Postby Fine Wine » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:09 pm

load times are acceptable but a tad slowish but again it's ps4

Fine Wine

Postby Smiling Penner-Lite » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:22 pm

Fine Wine wrote:i don't have many performance issues but seriously my ability to lock onto a thing and hit x to engage with it often takes 3 go 'rounds. Sometimes my dude just kinda spins around or finds a new spot and then nothing happens until I do it two more times.

Yeah you can tell it's "point and click" and now on a console. I find often when I highlight even though the X suggests it's in range, the first time I press X it shows me where to stand and then it works.

I'm honestly used to the clunky controls at this point. Just had a conversation with the boat lady. I'm playing intellectual but the Inland Empire prompts have me intrigued.

Smiling Penner-Lite

Postby garbiel » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:23 pm

Fine Wine wrote:i don't have many performance issues but seriously my ability to lock onto a thing and hit x to engage with it often takes 3 go 'rounds. Sometimes my dude just kinda spins around or finds a new spot and then nothing happens until I do it two more times.

this was a problem on pc for me so i can only conclude that it's part of the original experience
not a bug a featture

garbiel

Postby iambic » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:36 pm

laserblast wrote:ah i see the ZA/UM street team has logged on

I will defend ZA/UM from the PlayStation slobs on this board, yes

iambic

Postby walt whitman » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:40 pm

did yall forget to role-play as a recovering alcoholic amnesiac... space traversal is a challenge
“Short film, Long film, It’s ALL film!” - Walt Whitman

walt whitman

Postby Locke » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:42 pm

i'm not a recovering anything

Locke

Postby Locke » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:43 pm

actually i am. i haven't touched anything. only on day 2 though.

Locke

Postby mynamerocks » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:48 pm

iambic wrote:
laserblast wrote:ah i see the ZA/UM street team has logged on

I will defend ZA/UM from the PlayStation slobs on this board, yes

yeah I mean reading through recent posts in this thread is reminding me about playing escape from monkey island on a ps2.

this game is essentially why computers were created. play it in its natural environment

This post was paid for by British Sea Power

mynamerocks

Postby jubjub » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:26 pm

I would be stoked to play this on my phone all day everyday
alaska wrote:what year is it at the end

jubjub

Postby iambic » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:22 pm

just noticed that during the autopsy, the line that procs when you return to the "main menu" of the autopsy is different every time and hints or suggests the next unread dialogue option. no other game with dialogue trees I can remember has this attention to detail.

and also just the combos of information you can have at various points (kim referenced krenel during the autopsy because I'd done joyce's quest first) and how it all hangs together. the writers must have lost their minds.

iambic

PreviousNext

Return to Poster's Paradise