Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Primary » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:22 am

i love nba basketball
so many social engagements, so little time

Primary

Postby funkfunkfunk » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:30 am

Let's not forget that Kawhi as a term of signing with the clips requested/recruited Paul George as his complimentary superstar. As fun as it is to clown on pg-13 for not showing up, Kawhi pulled some LBJ tampering just to get him there! Unless they stay a squad and destroy next season Leonard has to look like the bigger joke.
jockesh or jakesh in farsi means pimp and unlike american in farsi pimp is a big insult and commonly applied to scoundrels and bad people like bush jr and i dont know of a word for actual jocks i dont think its a thing in iran but also anyway i wanted to say i believe in nothing

funkfunkfunk

Postby funkfunkfunk » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:01 am

The Dirty Turtle wrote:i think pointing at kawhi for not making other guys play better instead of pointing at paul george for shooting 25% from the field when he cost a thousand draft picks is the much bigger scandal

Paul George absolutely didn't deliver but, hot take, looking in hindsight at the raptors run last year Kawhi was the clutch shooter and closer, but it was Lowry as it always has been pushing the team past their limits to win it. Maybe Popovich is right and talented as he is, Kawhi can't lead a team to victory? Maybe Toronto needed a specific skillset but it was Kyle Lowry that lead the Raptors featuring Kawhi to victory last season?
jockesh or jakesh in farsi means pimp and unlike american in farsi pimp is a big insult and commonly applied to scoundrels and bad people like bush jr and i dont know of a word for actual jocks i dont think its a thing in iran but also anyway i wanted to say i believe in nothing

funkfunkfunk

Postby Repo » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:00 am

so happy for the nuggets, jokic, jamal and malone and connelly
they've done an incredible job in the last few years, small market team, no big stars recruiting, no lotery picks, great player development and they play such a fun style of basketball, I'm in love with these guys, they're just so fun to watch
they represent almost the exact opposite to the clippers and I'm really happy that the nuggs prevailed

masai is probably pretty happy with the turn of events, right?

Repo

Postby This Guy » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:29 am

Here is that killer mentality from Playoff P

This Guy

Postby dragon jeans » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:38 am

I don’t have a favorite team or any real rooting interest, but the 2020 nugs are the closest any NBA team has ever been to claiming the title.

dragon jeans

Postby antoine » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:44 am

Tai-Pan wrote:i would love for a nuggets heat final.

antoine

Postby lordofdiapers » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:24 am

I'm sad
Stuntman wrote:Does anyone remember Late Night Cheeseburger? That was my jam. Tasted like BO.

lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby the_village » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:45 am

cam'ron hubbard wrote:even the heatles didn't win the first year. i think the issue was continuity, especially with overlapping injuries they had, the pandemic, etc.

they made it to the finals

they made it to the conference finals

the_village

Postby lordofdiapers » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:49 am

The Heat were one of the best teams of all time, of course they made the finals, what are you on about
Last edited by lordofdiapers on Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stuntman wrote:Does anyone remember Late Night Cheeseburger? That was my jam. Tasted like BO.

lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby lordofdiapers » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:50 am

This Clips team underachieved from day one

lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby lordofdiapers » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:50 am

They'll be much better next season

lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby lordofdiapers » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:55 am

Reading stuff about how the Clippers should blow things up makes me wanna pull my hair out. This has the been the most hot takey/reactionary post season I've ever seen.

They're in a bubble, all of these series play out differently with crowds. Any GM of a competing that overvalues the results of these bubble games and drastically alters course after all this is likely shooting themselves in the foot.

lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby lightfoot » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:46 am

lightfoot wrote:heat nugs baby

!!!

lightfoot

Postby lordofdiapers » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:46 am

That three by Herro was insane

lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby fantastic voyeur » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:47 am

Kawhi is an amazing player, but it's debatable that he was even the best player on the Spurs team that won in 2013-14. His defense was unbelievable, but he wasn't the absolute main component that drove the Spurs to a championship. They hit a zillion threes and played amazing team offense. It's fair that he won that Finals MVP, but that Spurs team was just much, much better than that Heat team.

Furthermore, the Raptors team from last year was fucking stacked - Maybe they didn't have a second superstar level player, but when your second tier after Kawhi consists of Kyle Lowry, Marc Gasol, Pascal Siakam, and Serge Ibaka, plus Fred Van Vleet, OG Anunoby, and Danny Green - that is an unbelievable roster. Obviously, Kawhi was the best player on that team, but you sub in Lebron for Kawhi on that team, and they're kicking everyone's ass in the East, and I think could beat a full-strength Warriors with KD. The Raptors beat the 76ers in the second round on a miracle shot and barely beat the Warriors in Game 6 of the Finals when KD was out and Klay only played half of the game.

Again, Kawhi is one of the five best players in the league, but I think it's absolutely ridiculous that people have been putting him over Lebron as a post-season player or a clutch player. He was part of two unbelievable organizations with amazing coaching and amazing rosters. That being said, when has Lebron been a disappointment since the Dallas Mavericks series? Last year? When he was injured and the Lakers had a 20-14 record up to that point? No one in the modern game has come close to making the finals 8 times in a row and more than likely 9 times in the last ten years if the Lakers beat the Nuggets.

I think the Clippers have been acting like they won championships already all season. It has been very off-putting. I liked the underdog team last year, but all of them together and their collective arrogance has made me dislike them more than any other team in the past decade. Is Doc a bad in-game coach? They should have been able to win that game last night. They had good chances to win all three of the closeout games. Doc should have told them to cut out the entitlement act.

Love this Nuggets team! Seeing Jamal Murray transform into a potential superstar has been wonderful.
fantastic voyeur

Postby ripersnifle » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:02 am

lightfoot wrote:
lightfoot wrote:heat nugs baby

!!!
i want this with All MY Being
steakspoon wrote:sorry if sounds corny fellas but i'll always remember where i was when i heard my first big star song..the internet.

ripersnifle

Postby WAC » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:17 am

funkfunkfunk wrote:Paul George absolutely didn't deliver but, hot take, looking in hindsight at the raptors run last year Kawhi was the clutch shooter and closer, but it was Lowry as it always has been pushing the team past their limits to win it.

I don't really know what this means.
He said ALOT of shit last night. And most of it WASN'T how he supported a fascist.

WAC

Postby draw » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:41 am

Remember when Lowry was a perennial playoffs loser

draw

Postby smartphone » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:42 am

It means Lowry has that juice
creedence tapes wrote:I wake up every day, say “let’s get it, sky’s the limit” to my dogs

warmhouse wrote:We all do weird things when the blinds are shut and the moon is high. I ain't hurtin no body

smartphone

Postby smartphone » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:47 am

lordofdiapers wrote:Any GM of a competing that overvalues the results of these bubble games and drastically alters course after all this is likely shooting themselves in the foot.

I agree with this but I still can't wait to see who does it first
creedence tapes wrote:I wake up every day, say “let’s get it, sky’s the limit” to my dogs

warmhouse wrote:We all do weird things when the blinds are shut and the moon is high. I ain't hurtin no body

smartphone

Postby WAC » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:50 am

So many outcomes in NBA history just come down to luck, or randomness, or outlier performances in extremely small samples. Not every result is caused by some innate character or moral flaw!
He said ALOT of shit last night. And most of it WASN'T how he supported a fascist.

WAC

Postby mcwop23 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:04 pm

it’s only gonna get more random with today’s style of play too

if the lakers don’t shoot well from 3 they could get eliminated
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die

mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks

Postby lordofdiapers » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:06 pm

I like Denver against the Lakers honestly

lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby lordofdiapers » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:07 pm

That's probably crazy but it's how I feel

lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby branzino » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:07 pm

WAC wrote:So many outcomes in NBA history just come down to luck, or randomness, or outlier performances in extremely small samples. Not every result is caused by some innate character or moral flaw!

Except for the clippers not making the WCF!

branzino

Postby mcwop23 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:16 pm

variegated reality wrote:
WAC wrote:So many outcomes in NBA history just come down to luck, or randomness, or outlier performances in extremely small samples. Not every result is caused by some innate character or moral flaw!

Except for the clippers not making the WCF!

is this a username/post?
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die

mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks

Postby branzino » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:19 pm

lol I suppose so!

branzino

Postby cam'ron hubbard » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:54 pm

paul george was traded for more 1st rd picks than he had field goals in game 7. just wild to think about.
f*ucking badasse

cam'ron hubbard
ok

Postby cam'ron hubbard » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:06 pm

f*ucking badasse

cam'ron hubbard
ok

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....