post dischord bands that are getting lost to time

Let's talk Aguachile Alley

Postby transitive » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:07 am

Kenny wrote:Q and Not U was probably the first "indie rock" band I got into, how are they looked back on?

First two LPs and their 7" are all good. The change between the first LP and the second is pretty dramatic.

Their third LP, Power, is a complete mess.

transitive

Postby Grumby » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:12 am

first q and not u album is cool, i only got into it recently. knew about them before but it didn't really click then and i just forgot they existed for more than a decade.

Grumby

Postby Kenny » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:24 am

transitive wrote:
Kenny wrote:Q and Not U was probably the first "indie rock" band I got into, how are they looked back on?

First two LPs and their 7" are all good. The change between the first LP and the second is pretty dramatic.

Their third LP, Power, is a complete mess.

I guess that's how my opinion falls out, though Different Damage was the one I got into first. I wanted Power to be really good and pretended it was for a while. :-/
[PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] (stay posi)

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those you choose to accept and live by.

Without Labour there is no Rest; nor without Fighting can the Victory be Won ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

WOAH CLICK HERE

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby WeirdJungle » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:32 am

Just realized that Dan MM from black eyes is a Pitchfork contributor now, covering mostly electronic music

Not sure how I feel about that
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

WeirdJungle

Postby Kenny » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:36 am

Chris Richards from Q and Not U is a Washington Post music reviewer/commentator. I like it, gotta make a living.
[PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] (stay posi)

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those you choose to accept and live by.

Without Labour there is no Rest; nor without Fighting can the Victory be Won ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

WOAH CLICK HERE

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Tar Pit » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:40 am

Relating to that, Jacob Long from black eyes plays as Earthen Sea, an ambient techno (?) project that I really like. Great tunes to listen to at work. I didn't realize until today that his stuff was out on Kranky.

Tar Pit

Postby transitive » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:43 am

WeirdJungle wrote:Just realized that Dan MM from black eyes is a Pitchfork contributor now, covering mostly electronic music

Not sure how I feel about that

He also released stuff as Mi Ami.

Q And Not U/Black Eyes were cool because they were pretty young when they were playing and at the time in DC (early 2000s) most of the established bands were folks that had been playing since at least the early 1990s.

transitive

Previous

Return to Aguachile Alley