You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby hey look » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:27 am

Hey bros
hey look

Postby Phil » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:33 am

hamilton wrote:Seeing Ryley/Forsyth/Peoples tonight and couldn’t be more stoked.

How was it? (And were there any tapers?)

Phil

Postby hamilton » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:39 am

Absolutely ripped. Didn’t spot any tapers but there could have been someone in the back. I was up front for most of the show. Really hope there was and I was just oblivious.

Each set was like 45min. Peoples opened with a couple tracks and then played One Step Behind. Peoples then sat in for the entire Forsyth set. Ryley played a killer solo set then everyone came out and jammed for like 30min or so to close.

Can’t say enough good things about this show, definitely go out of your way to catch one. While every set was great, Peoples were far and away the best of the night. They killed it.

hamilton

Postby hey look » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:55 pm

I think this fits - but I’m super into the Nolan Potters Nightmare Band album that came out this year. I’ve seen mixed reviews but not very many tbh. I think it’s super fun. Dead/Phish/British psych /flute. Idk! https://youtu.be/UxVOZSVBtpQ
hey look

Postby Phil » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:36 am

Ryley loves wooks.Toggle Spoiler

Phil

Postby SabreFancS » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:52 am

I was surprised how many people left after the Forsyth/GP set, which seemed pretty standard as far as their 2019 collaborations have gone, but I do love Techno Top and it was fun to see a livelier crowd than usual lose their shit to it.

I was also surprised by how good that Ryley Walker set was. Ryan Jewell is fabulous.

But it was the superjam at the end that was truly bonkers and hit some peaks. Loved the the guy in front who deservedly high-fived Forsyth at the end of it.

that Tweezer thoughToggle Spoiler

SabreFancS

Postby Althea » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:57 pm

I'm hoping some of these shows were taped because I was in a weird headspace at the 12/30 show. I spent the day tripping on acid and then went to the phish show and then the aftershow, and I was just totally done with guitars by halfway through Forsyth's set. I'm kind of sick of dudes too in general cuz of personal trans stuff and by the time they were jamming out Dreaming in the Non Dream I just felt like I was watching a bunch of wankers and wanted to go home. It was a great day though and I enjoyed the show up to then, and I could tell Ryley was doing stuff that I would really dig looking back. Apologies for not chatting more or at all with the boarders I met, you seemed really nice but my brain was 95% melted by that point.
The cosmos, sorry (she/her)

Althea

Postby Phil » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:44 pm

Good def tell everyone was (understandably) a little fried by that point in the evening, but was great to say hi even briefly.

Some videos from the show here: https://www.youtube.com/user/dsenie/videos

And recordings of the Peoples and Forsyth sets from Woodstock here: https://archive.org/details/@mr_kliked

Really counting on them to put up the SBDs from the NYC show eventually, since I'm pretty sure there were no tapers there.

Phil

Postby hamilton » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:12 pm

Glad to see any recordings at all surface. SBD of the NYC show would be amazing. Have been checking archive here and there seeing what pops up over the last few days.

Just saw Peoples are back in Boston on Jan 31st and almost can't believe it. On a Friday too. Can't wait to see them again.

hamilton

Postby lights » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:18 pm

Really dug this show on NYE, even with Ryley having to bail due to illness. I guess Forsyth owns the space that they played in, and it was basically a dream for me. Had the aesthetic/vibe of a DIY venue but the code-adherence of a legit space, which is great since I've never been able to enjoy a DIY show due to watching the video shot inside the club for the Great White fire too many times.

Show itself ripped, people at the show were nice and the folks from GP and Forsyth were all chill nice dudes. Was a great way to spend NYE.

lights

Postby klubrick » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:20 pm

hamilton wrote:Glad to see any recordings at all surface. SBD of the NYC show would be amazing. Have been checking archive here and there seeing what pops up over the last few days.

Just saw Peoples are back in Boston on Jan 31st and almost can't believe it. On a Friday too. Can't wait to see them again.

oh nice!!

klubrick

Postby Althea » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:57 pm

Oh no, I hope Ryley is alright.

Althea

Postby Phil » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:18 pm

Althea wrote:Oh no, I hope Ryley is alright.

Phil

Postby Althea » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:18 am

Hahahaha yeah I guess he's ok

Althea

Postby Althea » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:52 pm

This is blowing my stoned mind right now. I love Sarah Louise so much, I want to be her apprentice or her little sister so she can teach me about plants and the earth. Plus it has Kryssi from Headroom/Mountain Movers who's maybe my current favourite guitarist in this scene.

https://blackdirt.bandcamp.com/album/natch-11-earth-cult-sarah-louise-sally-anne-morgan-kryssi-b

Althea

Postby VHGisdead » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:40 pm

I dig

Althea have you made a new bandcamp to avoid having to wade through 91 Sunburned Hand of the Man albums every time you want to find something
Bought this at the mall I'm gonna wear this at the mall.

VHGisdead

Postby Althea » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:42 am

Haha no I just search. The last time I got that stoned was a few days ago, I watched Hereditary and the next day found unexplained clumps of doll's hair in my dishwasher.

Althea

Postby Phil » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:04 am

Phil

Postby DizzyBusiness » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:51 am

Phil wrote:90-minute Peoples set 8-)

https://relisten.net/garcia-peoples/2020/01/17

fuck. these guys are just getting better and better. happy to be here for it
The backyard is bringing me down.
And the front one is freaking me out.

DizzyBusiness

Postby Getbetter » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:06 pm

Damn I just discovered acid rooster super into them

https://acidrooster.bandcamp.com/

I filmed recorded ryleys SF set and I'm going mess with it before I put it up

Getbetter

Postby DizzyBusiness » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:08 pm

just saw Garcia Peoples is playing LockN. They might just blow some wookie minds
The backyard is bringing me down.
And the front one is freaking me out.

DizzyBusiness

Postby VHGisdead » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:19 am

sorry y'all we've been posting about GP in the phish thread

VHGisdead

Postby abominog » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:53 pm

https://chrisforsyth1.bandcamp.com/album/peoples-motel-band

Peoples Motel Band
Record/Vinyl
package image
Solar Live Vol 3. Limited to 500 copies. Available only via Bandcamp and the merch table.

1.The Past Ain't Passed >
2.Tomorrow Might As Well Be Today >
3.Mystic Mountain
4.Dreaming in The Non-Dream

Recorded September 14, 2019 before a packed and enthusiastic hometown crowd at Johnny Brenda’s in Philadelphia, Peoples Motel Band catches Chris Forsyth with Garcia Peoples (plus ubiquitous drummer Ryan Jewell) re-imagining songs from Forsyth’s last couple studio albums with improvisatory flair.

Forsyth and Garcia Peoples played a number of 2019 shows together, beginning with a semi-legendary jam set at Nublu in NYC in March (see NYCTaper.com), through a couple dates on Forsyth’s month-long weekly residency at Nublu in September and concluding with a five-date tour of the Northeast in December. The chemistry between the players is tangible.

As is often the case with Forsyth shows, the gloves come off quickly and the players attack the material - much of it so well-manicured and cleanly produced in the studio - like a bunch of racoons let loose in a Philadelphia pretzel factory.

Recorded and mixed with clarity by Forsyth’s longtime studio collaborator, engineer/producer Jeff Zeigler, the record puts the listener right in the sweaty club, highlighted by an incredible side-long take of the chooglin’ title track from 2017’s Dreaming in The Non-Dream LP (note multiple climaxes eliciting wild shouts and ecstatic screams from the assembled).

abominog

Postby VHGisdead » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:56 pm

went up to Woodstock on a whim last night. Really great show. One Step Behind is such a cool fucking song that they can do so much with

No tapers. Dom from BBiB recorded video of the whole thing but I doubt she'll distribute it

VHGisdead

Postby VHGisdead » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:04 pm

I was wrong, boarder Dinosauria noticed that this guy's rig is on his person

https://archive.org/details/garciapeoples2020-01-25/GP2020-01-25t05.flac

VHGisdead

Postby VHGisdead » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:11 am

the Peoples are putting out the One Step Behind record release show as an official release

Also they're now on the bill for the Steve Gunn/William Tyler show next Tuesday

VHGisdead

Postby Phil » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:56 pm

Have the openers for the other nights been kicking around anywhere?

Getting a cleaned up version of the OSB release show is happy news (though it prompted me to listen to it again for the first time in a bit and it already sounds pretty damn good), but what we really need is...any release at all of the Halloween show.

Phil

Postby hamilton » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:22 am

Seems it’s a local GD cover band opening for them in Boston tomorrow. Which was not expected, but should be fun! Hoping there is a taper there to capture the Garcia Peeps set as there didn’t seem to be last time.

hamilton

Postby Althea » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:29 am

Pretty sure they've opened for GD cover bands in the past year so I'm glad they're stepping up to headliner. It seems like they're starting to play longer shows this tour too.

Althea

Postby VHGisdead » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:43 am

Phil wrote:Have the openers for the other nights been kicking around anywhere?

Getting a cleaned up version of the OSB release show is happy news (though it prompted me to listen to it again for the first time in a bit and it already sounds pretty damn good), but what we really need is...any release at all of the Halloween show.

Yeah, I forgot that there was an nyctaper recording of this out, was thinking I'd just seen it on YouTube

VHGisdead

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....