Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby aqxmission » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:55 pm

This is a long shot, but did anyone see Sarah Louise open for Kikagaku Moyo last spring/summer and know her setlist? I saw the show in Boston and there were a couple of songs I really dug. In one, she shredded a Middle Eastern-sounding guitar solo at the end. The other, later on in the set, reminded me a lot of the song Bloom by Radiohead. I've listened through her discography on Spotify several times since but haven't been able to put my finger on either of them.

In the meantime, I'll have to check out this new album to see if either pop up.

aqxmission

Postby Althea » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:42 pm

Maybe a longshot, but have you listened to Planting Moon? It's a band she started with Thom Nguyen (who's toured with her on drums a bunch) and a second guitarist:

http://www.nyctaper.com/2019/09/planting-moon-september-6-2019-three-lobed-wxdu-annual-ritual-of-summoning-raleigh-nc/
The cosmos, sorry (she/her)

Althea

Postby Althea » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:14 pm

Ryley Walker started a Patreon and has posted a ton of music in the past couple days. There's some full shows, some outtakes from Deafman Glance and the DMB record, a few really old things, and more. Well worth the three American bucks.

Althea

Postby fakename » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:05 pm

thanks for the reminder, althea. I just subscribed.

really bummed his dates with nap eyes got canceled, but maybe there will be boots...

fakename

Postby Phil » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:04 pm

Starbithed playing live in their living room atm.

Phil

Postby Mechanical bird » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:43 pm

Gonna grab some stuff tomorrow from bandcamp as they are forgoing their cut tomorrow

Garcia peoples union pool live
One eleven heavy live cd
Anything from flower room records
New horse lords

Any other suggestions?

Edit: also that Ryley Walker Patreon has some great stuff already, highly recommended
Also, I'm not hosebeast

Mechanical bird

Postby VHGisdead » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:55 pm

Sunwatchers pre-order
new Sarah Louise
Mosses TV Sun
Bought this at the mall I'm gonna wear this at the mall.

VHGisdead

Postby VHGisdead » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:09 am

There are a couple new MV&EE live sets up

VHGisdead

Postby Althea » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:30 pm

This new Garcias live set from earlier in the month is great as usual.

https://garciapeoples.bandcamp.com/album/garcia-peoples-union-pool-31020

New (to me) song Deep Sea Dog has some stronnnng Thousand Leaves vibes:

Althea

Postby Phil » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:58 pm

Yeah damn, that’s a good call (they debuted that at Freak’s Ball, so I think this one was probably the second time they played it).

Bought the whole Flower Room discography to get me thru quarantine in one psychic piece.

Phil

Postby Grand Epic » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:43 am

Got the full sunburned hand of the man discog on Bandcamp today, along with the peoples motel band and a couple things Conklin himself suggested on Twitter.

Grand Epic

Postby Althea » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:36 pm

Some friends (including at least one boarder) just released a set of home recorded jams including a Garcia Peoples cover. I'm heavily biased but I listen to a lot of home/basement recorded psych jams and I dig what they've done a lot. Proceeds go to Trans Lifeline if anyone feels like kicking in a few bucks:

https://captainteebs.bandcamp.com/album/hyattsville-choogle

Althea

Postby plasticbaggie » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:45 pm

Althea wrote:Maybe a longshot, but have you listened to Planting Moon? It's a band she started with Thom Nguyen (who's toured with her on drums a bunch) and a second guitarist:

oh sheesh that band rips so hard! when i was living in asheville they would gig everywhere. thom is the fucking man, so kind--everything he touches turns to gold (MANAS, Nest Egg, etc. etc.).

ah so glad i finally found this thread!

assuming most here know wandering shade, too (kryssi battalene, rosali, and sarah louise trio). they can really burn

plasticbaggie

Postby plasticbaggie » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:50 am

plasticbaggie

Postby Althea » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:46 pm

Ah cool it looks like it's the live stream from last night, it was good and spooky.

Althea

Postby rich uncle skeleton » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:27 pm

Sarah Louise may be the best guitarist going in this whole shebang. The way she slides so effortlessly between the lush textured layering jams and the fiery targeted heavy shredding just melts my mind every time. One second yr getting wrapped up by the earth and the other yr blasting into outer space, yet it's a very holistic fully-formed sound

rich uncle skeleton

Postby Phil » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:37 pm

https://mvandee.bandcamp.com/album/bone ... s-cbd-good

https://tuluumshimmering.bandcamp.com/album/bird-song

Covid-induced weed hiatus has generally felt like a good thing thus far, but...

Phil

Postby VHGisdead » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:40 pm

that Tuluum Shimmering track is great

VHGisdead

Postby plasticbaggie » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:56 pm

VHGisdead wrote:that Tuluum Shimmering track is great

x2
plasticbaggie

Postby VHGisdead » Fri May 01, 2020 12:01 am

new Matt Valentine, new Ryley + Kendra Amalie, new live Forsyth track from Nublu

what else? It's bandcamp day

VHGisdead

Postby VHGisdead » Fri May 01, 2020 12:04 am

I'm enjoying this MV right now. It's not quite as immediately blasting me into space as his last solo release

Oh wait

VHGisdead

Postby Grand Epic » Fri May 01, 2020 4:19 am

New One Eleven Heavy live album. Listened to the 20 minute track available so far and it’s great. They sorta have the Dead’s polyphony thing going on and I love it.

New Starbirthed. New 75 Dollar Bill live album.

Grand Epic

Postby Althea » Fri May 01, 2020 6:49 am

There's a new Chuck Johnson solo album, a new 20 minute Dead Sea Apes track, the 2020 Drone Not Drones show (28 hours of done sets), the Modern Nature mix it yourself thing with a bunch of rad guests including Ryley, some new/old emeralds stuff, the Joan Shelley live album released recently... Also strongly recommend this French psych band if you haven't heard them:

https://slift.bandcamp.com/album/ummon

Althea

Postby VHGisdead » Fri May 01, 2020 7:13 am

Oh yeah I keep meaning to put that modern nature thing on like ten devices at once

VHGisdead

Postby Althea » Fri May 01, 2020 7:23 am

I had intentions of listening to all the parts and making a bunch of mixes. I did one with just two tracks - a horn/vibes & acoustic guitar - and over with a bunch of drones and liked them so much I just listen to them.

Althea

Postby Althea » Fri May 01, 2020 7:25 am

Actually where you are y'all could record a really heady guitar/synth part yourselves. I should figure out what key it's in and do a shruti box drone too.

Althea

Postby Grand Epic » Fri May 01, 2020 3:03 pm

The 111 Heavy live album RIPS. Could never get into the studio stuff but I’m loving this.

Grand Epic

Postby jewels » Fri May 01, 2020 3:05 pm

I assumed Billy Strings would fit in this thread, but it's pretty traditional bluegrass. They're good, but not really sure why they're getting so much attention as apposed to the other 800,000 other technically proficient melt your face bluegrass bands.

I only listened to one show, so maybe I didn't get an accurate representation.
gold and glass wrote:When you get to heaven, do you get to see a list of which gimmicks belonged to who?

jewels

Postby jewels » Tue May 12, 2020 9:11 am

listening to the the 20 minute live version of "A Brief History of Planet Earth" by King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard, and they could definitely fit in with this thread, if that's the path they choose to take. But they probably won't, they're all over the place.
gold and glass wrote:When you get to heaven, do you get to see a list of which gimmicks belonged to who?

jewels

Postby Dinosauria We » Tue May 12, 2020 9:37 am

Love waking up to a new transcendent Tuluum Shimmering track

https://tuluumshimmering.bandcamp.com/album/sister-ray-meets-china-cat-sunflower-uptown

Dinosauria We

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....