Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Bernie » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:48 pm

I see shankly covered some of this up thread

Bernie
Mayonnaise Boy

Postby goovis young » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:18 am

Yeah I like Fuller and wish he had more visibility. He’s definitely the most consistent on the things I care about.

Smith can be a very good speaker, but I’ve seen her give some really awful answers on big things like reproductive rights and M4A. I get the sense that her relationship with most issues is fairly malleable. The only thing I know for sure is that she really hates Chuck Schumer.

Cal Cunningham is such a nothing candidate & it’s incredibly frustrating that he’ll probably get the nomination. Maybe he beats Tillis, I don’t know.
goovis young

Postby shark week » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:12 pm

Nancy Harris withdrew from the Dem Idaho Senate primary for health reasons

also Paulette Jordan announced two weeks ago that she is running.
Permafrost wrote:The heart wants what the heart wants, and if the heart wants Nebbiolo variants then so be it

shark week

Postby light rail coyote » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:14 pm

somehow missed this v. good thread.

don't want to namedrop too much but paige kreisman, who is on that list for oregon, is on the organizing committee of our tenants union and rocks. i will be canvassing for her saturday! i'm bad at searching twitter, but a few months back she did a really cool livestream where she livestreamed herself packing and moving because she got priced out of her apartment and used it to talk about housing justice and i am a BIG FAN of that.

light rail coyote

Postby light rail coyote » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:14 pm

tbh i'm really lukewarm on albert lee..

light rail coyote

Postby Chyet » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:16 pm

I realize I am half a week behind in updating/responding
it looks really great everyone, I'll get the amendments done w/n 24/hr
is this good enough to share after that?
Chyet

Postby shark week » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:16 am

light rail coyote wrote:tbh i'm really lukewarm on albert lee..

just threw his name out there

i remember having some big issues with Blumenauer at some point but for the life of me can't remember which issues they were on. apparently Blumenauer supports the GND. don't know where he stands on m4all.
Permafrost wrote:The heart wants what the heart wants, and if the heart wants Nebbiolo variants then so be it

shark week

Postby shark week » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:23 am

this anecdote/quote about/from Cori Bush in Dave Weigel's new Trailer is amazing

A few dozen Bernie-Journey makers and DSA members gathered at Starboard Tack, a nautical-themed bar far from the Strip, to unwind from the day and get revved up by Vilela and Bush. The Missouri Democrat paced the floor between the booths where volunteers were sitting, asking people who had spent the day bouncing between work and a garage and the doorsteps of strangers' homes what else they could do.

"When we get tired, does somebody suffer because we got tired?" Bush asked. "Does somebody suffer because I felt weak? Does somebody suffer because I didn't make a phone call? Bernie's asking you, the team is asking you, the person next to you is asking you, to dig a little deeper, to fight a little harder. If you did not bring somebody with you today, the call is that you bring somebody tomorrow. If each and every one of us brings one more person tomorrow, how many people do we add to this movement? If you do that, you just knocked on another door, you just saved another life."

what a fucking rallying cry

holy fucking hell Cori Bush rules

shark week

Postby Hal Jordan » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:58 pm

this is kinda crazy

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/483983-top-gop-super-pac-spent-money-on-nc-democrat

he Senate Leadership Fund, the super PAC run by close allies of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), will reveal in the FEC filings that it was behind a secretive new group created earlier this month that has spent millions on television advertising ahead of the March 3 Democratic primary, The Hill has learned.

Those advertisements touted state Sen. Erica Smith (D), a candidate who has raised about $210,000 for her campaign. Smith is the more liberal candidate in the field, openly embracing "Medicare for All" and the Green New Deal.

She is also an African American candidate running in a state with a primary on Super Tuesday, a day when the bulk of the North Carolina's Democratic presidential primary electorate will be African American.

But she is not the favorite of national Democrats, who back former state Sen. Cal Cunningham (D) as their strongest potential nominee against Tillis.

The FEC reports will show the Senate Leadership Fund spent about $3 million on television and radio spots boosting Smith, funneled through a group calling itself the Faith and Power PAC. The filings show the entirety of the Faith and Power PAC's contributions came from the Senate Leadership Fund.
well that was intense

Hal Jordan

Postby light rail coyote » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:16 pm

shark week wrote:

i remember having some big issues with Blumenauer at some point but for the life of me can't remember which issues they were on. apparently Blumenauer supports the GND. don't know where he stands on m4all.

my issues with albert stem more from seeing him speak a bunch of times and finding him pretty uninspiring. he spoke at an anti-war rally the night that we killed soleimani and it was really surprisingly jingoistic for someone who got a DSA endorsement.

i generally like blumenauer, which is also why it seems weird that lee would go after him instead of kurt schrader, who takes koch money and shit. bluemnauer is pro m4a, good on environmental stuff, and just recently put a ton of pressure on the portland police and west linn police after it turned out that the west linn police chief had basically targeted a black dude on behalf of the guy's employer/the cheif's friend, which was basically the catalyst for it becoming an actual statewide issue. i'm sure if i dug deeper i'd find stuff i dislike but generally he seems solid.

light rail coyote

Postby shark week » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:10 pm

light rail coyote wrote:
shark week wrote:

my issues with albert stem more from seeing him speak a bunch of times and finding him pretty uninspiring. he spoke at an anti-war rally the night that we killed soleimani and it was really surprisingly jingoistic for someone who got a DSA endorsement.

wow, that sucks

sounds like he shouldn't be on the list then

shark week

Postby light rail coyote » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:33 pm

I mean it was anti-war but the way he framed it was just really weird. like the one line that stands out was "it's the department of defense, not the department of offense!"

light rail coyote

Postby Chyet » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:01 pm

but it was originally called the department of war?
Chyet

Postby Chyet » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:31 pm

Chyet

Postby joe » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:04 pm

Voter guide to electing "Berniecrats" in California to county democratic party offices: http://politics.voxpublica.org/2020/01/ ... ia/#bernie

joe

Postby Autarch » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:11 am

Is there a list like this published in a well-known place where people other than hipinion can learn that there are primary candidates in their congressional district who support m4a?
Sent from my Lenovo

HEY! Use my Hipinion Chrome / Firefox extension for better boarding
Paste images, tweets, youtube, instagram, and soundcloud with ctrl+shift+k (or command+shift+k)

Autarch

Postby nite69 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:04 am

Jess Scarane rules, i've decided to become her reply guy on twitter so i'm doing my part (i also donated to the campaign) but no delaware dem has a hope in hell of ousting any of the right wing frauds that are in congress for DE. the state is so small, so its easy to throw around a ton of money and flip it from out of state. Because of how small it is, there's also next to no possibility that a grassroots donation strategy could ever raise enough money to compete. We are in a really fucked situation.
sealed their fate wrote:The handwriting is already on the wall. These boys have been flushed.

nite69

Postby werd » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:36 pm

joe wrote:LA County primary voters:

https://www.dsa-la.org/2020_primary_voter_guide

thanks joe I used this it covered most of the options I had
night moves wrote:I will not be made fun of by someone who watches animes

hologram wrote:basically burn down your local whole foods and punch a cop because the galaxy don't give a fuck

werd
cooler than laserblast

Postby shark week » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:57 pm

shark week

Postby Kevin McCallister » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:57 pm

Hey is there a way to see the ballot for IL01? The electronic ballot is like 27 pages long and I want to do my research beforehand, not as I'm voting.
kranky wrote:the monster mash isn't actually halloween specific and is just a monster party that could happen at any time.

Kevin McCallister

Postby Kevin McCallister » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:58 pm

Simply cannot wait to call Bobby Rush's office and tell him I voted for Robert Emmons Jr. because of Rush's Bloomberg endorsement.
kranky wrote:the monster mash isn't actually halloween specific and is just a monster party that could happen at any time.

Kevin McCallister

Postby Chyet » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:56 pm

think i got the updates in
Chyet

Postby Bob511 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:17 pm

Bob511 wrote:Manley just retweeted yesterday with the GND as part of his pitch, for what it's worth.

(I also don't know if it's worth clarifying that FL-94 is a state house district, not a federal primary.)
Eric Roberts wrote:Hipinion. Hipinion? Hipinion...is hip.

Bob511

Postby ZONKER666 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:25 pm

Thanks for this thread and all the info in it, this place rules.
Simpsons Avatar wrote:Vegetarians eat the meat of bush often

ZONKER666

Postby lemon rind » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:51 pm

oh hell yeah, thanks for thread. look at the rose caucus candidate in my district and tell me his logo/slogan isn't sick as hell:
https://www.mxc2020.com/

lemon rind

Postby Kevin McCallister » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:55 pm

Illinois voters: Injustice Watch released their Cook County judicial voting guide if you want to do research before voting.

https://www.injusticewatch.org/interact ... 0-primary/

Kevin McCallister

Postby transitive » Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:02 pm

lemon rind wrote:oh hell yeah, thanks for thread. look at the rose caucus candidate in my district and tell me his logo/slogan isn't sick as hell:
https://www.mxc2020.com/

This is dope.

It's slim pickings for us down in OH-12.

transitive

Postby shark week » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:41 am

this is that bullshit we're up against

shark week

Postby transitive » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:10 am

I really, really soured on Joyce Beatty after seeing just how disinterested she was in Edith Espinal, a woman from her district who has been living in sanctuary since 2017.

Morgan Harper came a few times to planning meetings, spoke at a press conference. I was very impressed with her.

transitive

Postby Chyet » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:59 pm

Chyet

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....