crrrnavrrus thread

Let's talk hats

Postby easy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:01 pm

sister just called me in tears because our vaccinated mom is showing symptoms and refuses to use the test kits she already has in her home

my sister’s one-year old child lives with the two of them

my mom is 100% not testinng herself becaus eshe doesn’t want it to interfere with their plans to visit family in Maine for thanksgiving

I fucking hate this

easy
does it

Postby easy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:02 pm

well time to call my mom and beg her to take care of herself while she yells at me because i guess that’s what you do with the people in your life who you spent years relying on for the same thing

easy
does it

Postby easy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:03 pm

fucking boomers and thanksgivi i wswear to fucking god

easy
does it

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:07 pm

yeah fo rmy in laws we landed on going over there, they all tested negative yesterday, and then we'll all take rapid tests day of, and they're not seeing anyone inbetween. best compromise we could do other than just completely shutting them out, which for my wife isn't super doable, especially as her parents are uhhh pretty old and she'd like to get some more quality time with them

she's gonna try to get an opportunity while we're there to ask them to get vaxxed at least. i think we have a good case for like, even if there ARE long-term complications, they're both so old that there's no way that stuff ever affects them, and then they can like, actually see their grandkids, etc.
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby palmer eldritch » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:14 pm

crapsgiving

palmer eldritch

Postby New Improved Alaska » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:14 pm

easy wrote:sister just called me in tears because our vaccinated mom is showing symptoms and refuses to use the test kits she already has in her home

my mom is 100% not testinng herself becaus eshe doesn’t want it to interfere with their plans to visit family in Maine for thanksgiving

I fucking hate this

atmosphere of reality denial in the home
sorry ez
alaska1 wrote:I always look to something new amazing for more pleasure.

New Improved Alaska

Postby New Improved Alaska » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:16 pm

palmer eldritch wrote:
New Improved Alaska wrote:My rapid test is digesting right now
pcr for tomorrow
i feel fuckin GREAT!!!!

came back negative

New Improved Alaska

Postby New Improved Alaska » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:16 pm

its funny how the at home covid tests look so much like pregnancy tests

New Improved Alaska

Postby easy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:49 pm

good to hear, alaska <3

easy
does it

Postby easy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:50 pm

my ma’s not answering her phone and I swear to god Im losing it

easy
does it

Postby easy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:51 pm

easy
does it

Postby The Unblinking Eye » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:52 pm

Getting boosted along with the flu vaccine

The Unblinking Eye

Postby screaming emphysema » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:55 pm

easy wrote:sister just called me in tears because our vaccinated mom is showing symptoms and refuses to use the test kits she already has in her home

I fucking hate this

There are a ton of regular flu and bugs going around. It’s likely she could just have something like that. Maybe if you approach her that way she may be more open to taking the test? Who the fuck knows, that sucks

screaming emphysema

Postby easy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:57 pm

yeah thats what im going to tell her

if this happened three weeks ago testing herself wouldn’t even be up for debate. it’s literally just... thanksgiving. eating a bunch of meat and starch with your family, whom you can see at any time. great fuckingn calculus on this one

easy
does it

Postby farmer » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:08 pm

I fucking hate this

interfere with her plans to infect her family in maine with a global pandemic bug

farmer

Postby easy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:09 pm

yup

easy
does it

Postby easy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:12 pm

this comes a few days after she texted me “hope you two are still planning on joining me for Christmas 😘”

really laying down the foundation for how much we’ll be letting her down if we decide we’re uncomfortable visiting

just curious: at what age can I start to be offended at my friends and family if they celebrate a major holiday in a way that fails to meet my own rigid, selfish expectations?? does that happen at 50, or what??

easy
does it

Postby easy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:14 pm

“if my holidays do NOT resemble a thomas kincaid painting in my mind’s eye, did I even have a holidays???”

easy
does it

Postby excellent poster » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:33 pm

easy wrote:just curious: at what age can I start to be offended at my friends and family if they celebrate a major holiday in a way that fails to meet my own rigid, selfish expectations?? does that happen at 50, or what??

6Toggle Spoiler

excellent poster

Postby waldojeffers1 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:51 pm

I just got an email from the accommodations people at my work

I had been assured by my supervisor, director, director’s boss, and hr director many months ago that I would be approved for indefinite telework after the office opened, then they had asked me to send an accommodations form to another internal office requesting indefinite telework on the basis of my asthma diagnosis. They made it seem like a formality

That office ended up making a ridiculous request, that I go back to the doctor who administer my breathing test and have them fill out a form responding to each individual bullet point of my job description assessing whether or not I could do these things in the office despite covid (how does administering a breathing test and prescribing albuterol qualify this random doctor to speculate about my risk of infection to covid on the subway or my ability to do my job at home? Isn’t that a bit beyond the scope of the diagnosis?)

That was in august when office reopening was anticipated in September, but they ended up postponing the return to office anyway so they cancelled the request until today

So now they’re asking for the same thing but also detailed information about how often I get groceries and how many times I’ve visited family since March 2020, etc, with the clear implication being “if he goes to the grocery store, he has no excuse to not come into the office”

What invasive and insulting bullshit

Luckily I accepted another job offer and actually just submitted my resignation to hr for this job yesterday, so it’s easy to write these people back and tell them not to bother. But it still pisses me off they’d even ask
oh no someone save us

waldojeffers1

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:57 pm

hooooly shit that's such bullshit
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby easy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:58 pm

prove to us that you shouldn’t have to force yourself to smile at management every day

easy
does it

Postby waldojeffers1 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:01 pm

This is the literal email

If you are still seeking the original request, can you please answer the following:

1. How frequently do you leave your home to go into public places (e.g., grocery shopping, schools, entertainment, dining, etc.)? Please describe.

2. Since the start of the pandemic (~March 2020), how many times have you traveled out of town?

3. Do you have any plans to go on vacation/travel in the next 6 months? If so, please describe.

They are really upset that someone might get to work from home without being an actual bubble boy
oh no someone save us

waldojeffers1

Postby jacopo » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:04 pm

wow

what is that place, so I know never to apply

jacopo

Postby warmjets » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:05 pm

there's no way that is legal lol

warmjets

Postby shark week » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:10 pm

pls bring that ridiculous request up during the exit interview if ya have one

also, that sort of shit should get put on glassdoor but i don't know how social media works and what sort of consequences there might be for putting that info out there
Permafrost wrote:The heart wants what the heart wants, and if the heart wants Nebbiolo variants then so be it

shark week

Postby Ted Pikul » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:17 pm

imo if you already have another job lined up, don't give them notice or anything. just walk out.

worst they might try to withhold your last paycheck, but that's illegal

edit: ah darn you already resigned. in that case poop on the ceo's car
loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

"I bought a new garden hose mk 2"

Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby waldojeffers1 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:34 pm

I did mention this stuff in the exit survey and will definitely mention it in the exit interview
oh no someone save us

waldojeffers1

Postby jewels » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:47 pm

it says here that you need food to live, and yet you don't want to ride the subway ten times a week and work in our shitty office?
gold and glass wrote:When you get to heaven, do you get to see a list of which gimmicks belonged to who?

jewels

Postby waldojeffers1 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:56 pm

“You visited your parents twice in the last twenty months, but you don’t want to attend our semiweekly strategy brainstorming sessions?”
oh no someone save us

waldojeffers1

PreviousNext

Return to The Hat Zone