this coronavirus is very serious (a sequel nobody asked for)

Humans in space suits make monkeys nervous

needle to the groove ~ hpn vaccine tracker

not interested in getting vaccinate
2%
I'm not eligible yet in my area
6%
I think I'm eligible, but no plan or further info yet
0%
eligible and in queue or scheduled
1%
one dose down
9%
the two dose bastard
82%

Total votes : 658

Postby scramble » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:52 pm

that star of dave is fucking me up

by fucking i mean cracking
here to watch wrote:No need to be virtuous one way or another about what's happening, it's just a quick way to make some cash.

scramble

Postby Patchouli Jim » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:01 pm

DasLofGang wrote:can anyone tell me if we were collectively anywhere near this stupid in 1918 or

I think that the promises of modernity were so novel that people enthusiastically looked forward to the advancements it would bring. Now they are taken for granted, and the problems that we have managed to control rather effectively in the last century are now doubted to be even real at all.
Combarieu declares that the songs of birds are not "musical" either, because they are "very difficult to take down in notation." See his Music-Its Laws and Evolution, 155. Will some divine power please create a "Musical" bird to sing the Air for G String in exact Equal Temperament for M. Combarieu?

Patchouli Jim

Postby Patchouli Jim » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:04 pm

Of course it is a million times more complicated than what I said, and there are plenty of counter examples (people who were skeptical of modernity at the time, or Elon Musk aficionados who have complete faith in some liberal techno-fix today), but that is at least a quick thought I have on the topic.
Combarieu declares that the songs of birds are not "musical" either, because they are "very difficult to take down in notation." See his Music-Its Laws and Evolution, 155. Will some divine power please create a "Musical" bird to sing the Air for G String in exact Equal Temperament for M. Combarieu?

Patchouli Jim

Postby Patchouli Jim » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:06 pm

Flying cars used to be depicted in sci-Fi in some utopian high tech future society. Now they are always in hellish dystopias

Patchouli Jim

Postby DasLofGang » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:10 pm

your thoughts are good (and also spooky)
it's the suspense that gets me wrote:wandering around the house grunting "UUHHHHHH PUT IT ON MEEEEEHHHH"

DasLofGang

Postby badhat » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:20 pm

the only decent utopia in mainstream fiction lately was wakanda and it was a big transit oriented city with vibrant walkable streets, surrounded by ag land with no cars or suburbs.
There’s no path to a satisfying conclusion at this point.

badhat

Postby i am rich » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:28 pm

fuuuuuuuuck that star of david shit man

i am rich

Postby Ted Pikul » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:38 pm

loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

"I bought a new garden hose mk 2"

Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby villalobos » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:05 pm

covid's taken away what tiny shred of hope i had for america/humanity/the future. all gone

villalobos

Postby Patchouli Jim » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:06 pm

badhat wrote:the only decent utopia in mainstream fiction lately was wakanda and it was a big transit oriented city with vibrant walkable streets, surrounded by ag land with no cars or suburbs.

I didn’t see Black Panther but doesn’t it turn out that Wakanda is a CIA operationToggle Spoiler and so, actually bad? But yeah, that is an interesting point since like Jules Verne future utopias were like high rises with rocket ships flying everywhere on untenable moon scapes.

Patchouli Jim

Postby fury » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:29 pm

I'd bet that they stray from the above about Wakanda in the next BP movie

fury
ok

Postby Ill-Advised Webinar » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:21 pm

what's the latest research on outdoor transmission probability? is it possible outside of coughing directly into another person's mouth?

Ill-Advised Webinar

Postby Ill-Advised Webinar » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:22 pm

please email me your links directly: corey.hannon@gmail.com

Ill-Advised Webinar

Postby farmer » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:48 pm

spooky jim, that is incorrect
farmer

Postby palmer eldritch » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:49 pm

Mr. Towel wrote:what's the latest research on outdoor transmission probability? is it possible outside of coughing directly into another person's mouth?

well the second answer is surely yes

palmer eldritch

Postby badhat » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:51 pm

Spooky Jim wrote:
badhat wrote:the only decent utopia in mainstream fiction lately was wakanda and it was a big transit oriented city with vibrant walkable streets, surrounded by ag land with no cars or suburbs.

I didn’t see Black Panther but doesn’t it turn out that Wakanda is a CIA operationToggle Spoiler and so, actually bad?

no. wakanda is an uncolonized african nation at least in this iteration. not sure if theyve done anything different with the comics.

theres a CIA angle in the movie but its not that wakanda itself is something other than what it seems.

you should see it. if for no other reason than that the production design and vision of wakanda is dope.
There’s no path to a satisfying conclusion at this point.

badhat

Postby scramble » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:57 pm

here to watch wrote:No need to be virtuous one way or another about what's happening, it's just a quick way to make some cash.

scramble

Postby goldsoundz » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:10 pm

had a cross country meet in wauconda every year in high school

goldsoundz

Postby saranclaps » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:10 pm

Robo-Chachi wrote:
darger wrote:this seems normal

It gets worse.

The Anderson County Review is owned by Dane Hicks, the chairman of the Anderson County Republican Party. Mr. Hicks defended the cartoon, which he said he had made himself and planned to publish in the newspaper on Tuesday.

unsurprising update. dude talked to jewish people and apologized. he did not previously understand the "severity" of the holocaust

https://www.facebook.com/acreview1865/photos/a.123959090984884/3019922051388559/?type=3&theater
Real Love wrote:every once in a while saranclaps will try to do a funny and it's an extremely off note but I'm not totally convinced he's aware of what is happening

saranclaps

Postby super gas » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:03 pm

normal country.
Last edited by super gas on Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

super gas

Postby DasLofGang » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:07 pm

i wonder how many flint-style mass lead poisoning situations are simmering beneath the surface all over the place
it's the suspense that gets me wrote:wandering around the house grunting "UUHHHHHH PUT IT ON MEEEEEHHHH"

DasLofGang

Postby Corpsegore » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:15 pm

It’s OK. She’s the spokesperson for QANON and the White House.

Corpsegore

Postby super gas » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:19 pm

yeah she's clearly not well.

super gas

Postby clouds » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:09 pm

super gas wrote:yeah she's clearly not well.

a few years ago i'd have said yeah sure but I don't know how you diagnosis this when it comes to q anoners. it seems to have gone completely mainstream in right wing america at this point and they all aren't "unwell" the way the homeless man who yells racial slurs up the street is. they are not outcasts or marginalized or anything like someone else acting this way usually is. it's a huge community of semi functional people acting like this. families jobs cars etc. it's the weirdest most terrifying thing I can't thing about too much.

I had a q anoner attack me over a tweet about weather once because I posted a graph with numbers in it that she saw a globalist pattern in or something. and I tweet like 5 times a year. she looked like anyone upper middle class suburban white mom

point being, wwg1wga

clouds

Postby clouds » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:12 pm

I follow ted nugent's wife on instagram and she is basically this woman

his son is a good follow too

clouds

Postby Dennis Moore » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:18 pm

Can I apply to be a police officer who only arrests women like that?
Dennis Moore

Postby cool party » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:20 pm

lmao. "it is time to don my $40,000 rolex and proceed... to Target"
cool party

Postby black mamba » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:26 pm

super gas wrote:

normal country.

and then a minimum wage worker had to clean up the mess she made

black mamba
ok

Postby Hm I Dunno » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:26 pm

cool party wrote:lmao. "it is time to don my $40,000 rolex and proceed... to Target"

Yeah holy shit

Hm I Dunno

Postby super gas » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:07 pm

clouds wrote:
super gas wrote:yeah she's clearly not well.

a few years ago i'd have said yeah sure but I don't know how you diagnosis this when it comes to q anoners. it seems to have gone completely mainstream in right wing america at this point and they all aren't "unwell" the way the homeless man who yells racial slurs up the street is. they are not outcasts or marginalized or anything like someone else acting this way usually is. it's a huge community of semi functional people acting like this. families jobs cars etc. it's the weirdest most terrifying thing I can't thing about too much.

sure i mean we've got half a dozen people running for congress right now who big up q. i just meant to say that, beyond believing in crazy conspiracy theories, she just seems like an unstable person.

still fuck her regardless. and her husband who just stands there.

super gas

PreviousNext

Return to The Hot Zone