Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby big zorb » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:15 pm

Eyeball Kid wrote:Today was day one of masks fully being required in public in Florida and granted I only made a brief trip to Publix but this shit wasn't enforced. I even saw one of the store managers have what looked like a pleasant conversation with someone who was maskless!

the manager was actually getting ready to shoot that person in self-defense
Woman: [Possibly smiling or laughing].

big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby fester » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:16 pm

bold man wrote:can covid spread through farts?

buddy, covid IS farts
------------

fester

Postby bold man » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:17 pm

bold man swarms farts
in the international space station having a three-way with hillary clinton and sarah palin

bold man
ok

Postby guy forget » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:18 pm

VHGisdead wrote:mask
maskless
masklessness
masklessly
maskfulnessless
maskoffish
maskish
nudity of the mandible
nudity of the nasus
bare maxilla
uncovered front of the head

haha
VHGisdead wrote:speaking of deemster vape pens

guy forget

Postby Bob511 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:20 pm

Eyeball Kid wrote:Today was day one of masks fully being required in public in Florida

I don't think they are...?
Eric Roberts wrote:Hipinion. Hipinion? Hipinion...is hip.

Bob511

Postby DasLofGang » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:21 pm

it's not even about the pandemic. i just don't want to have to look at people's hideous faces.
it's the suspense that gets me wrote:wandering around the house grunting "UUHHHHHH PUT IT ON MEEEEEHHHH"

DasLofGang

Postby light rail coyote » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:26 pm

i can't grow aesthetically pleasing facial hair but i hate shaving so honestly this mask thing as been a net positive for me.

light rail coyote

Postby darger » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:34 pm

texas bars now suing to reopen because freedom.

holding "bar lives matter" concerts to raise funds.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/06/30/texas-bars-shutdown-abbott/

darger
ok

Postby Feech La Manna » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:38 pm

Next season of Always Sunny is gonna be lit
badhat wrote:bike solve all problems

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby Happy and Healthy! » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:42 pm

I cannot wait for bar!

Happy and Healthy!

Postby antoine » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:42 pm

Make America Drunk In Public Again

antoine

Postby Puerto Rican Vegan » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:47 pm

they really shouldn't make nude color leggings

Puerto Rican Vegan

Postby auspice » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:48 pm

whatabout tim wrote:
badhat wrote:its also not really worth making a scene about an individual customer or clerk or whatever. the scene they make when they start yelling and in some cases performatively coughing on people makes the exposure situation worse than if they just come in and buy their shit and leave

I will always shame the ignorant, these chuds in particular deserve it.

yeah, ultimately I will still side with the people who aren't purposefully choosing to expose those in their vicinity to potential COVID droplets, even if people get annoying with it and take it to an unnecessary level.

also I get what badhat is saying but that logic is kind of the same as all of the people who come out with "we shouldn't be protesting if it'll only attract dangerous racists to counter-demonstrate" nonsense takes. no one wants to be coughed on by gross person but anyone who actively participates in the process of mask-wearing to keep each other safe is entitled to expressing dismay at those who purposefully elect to do the opposite. if peope see these videos of insane interactions in the supermarket they'll be forced to go, "oh, that's what will happen to me if I go out without a mask." theoretically....

auspice

Postby wuk » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:49 pm

The bare ass illusion photo is incredible

wuk

Postby auspice » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:55 pm

whatabout tim wrote:I'm surprised there hasn't been a self-defense shooting of a person without a mask yet.

open-carry nutjobs are definitely not pro-mask

auspice

Postby nautical hyperblast » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:57 pm

nautical hypermask innit?

no big updates here. still feel fine. oxygen at 97/98 and temperature at 98.1 or lower. smell and taste still absent but it miiiiiiight be getting like 2% better? i could taste some dull flavor in a salad i think. and incense burnt and inhaled directly smell floral in my sinus for a moment which is encouraging.

nautical hyperblast

Postby auspice » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:59 pm

for the record, my instinctual reaction to seeing a person without a mask or wearing it incorrectly is to just put as much distance between myself and them as possible until they're gone. but essential workers don't really have that luxury which is why I feel a lot of these interactions being caught on camera aren't really people trying to win an "everyone clapped" award but people just trying to help grocery store workers and so on who are exhausted at having to deal with these people.

I still think a huge reason for these public breakdowns over masks has to do with how little power and authority minimum wage workers had before the pandemic. Now they can actually stand up to customers (within reason) and a for a certain type of person it's a slap in the face.

auspice

Postby auspice » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:00 pm

nautical hyperblast wrote:nautical hypermask innit?

no big updates here. still feel fine. oxygen at 97/98 and temperature at 98.1 or lower. smell and taste still absent but it miiiiiiight be getting like 2% better? i could taste some dull flavor in a salad i think. and incense burnt and inhaled directly smell floral in my sinus for a moment which is encouraging.

not trying to rain on your recovery parade but a coworker who had COVID right before joining our company told me that her smell/taste still isn't completely back three months after the fact. she can definitely taste salty/spicy things I think but her palette for sweetness is just gone.

this virus is the strangest fucking thing and makes me dread what else is out there

auspice

Postby nautical hyperblast » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:20 pm

not rain at all - i've been reading the same shit annnd it's a concern and a very bizarre feeling in general.

nautical hyperblast

Postby badhat » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:46 pm

auspice wrote:anyone who actively participates in the process of mask-wearing to keep each other safe is entitled to expressing dismay at those who purposefully elect to do the opposite. if peope see these videos of insane interactions in the supermarket they'll be forced to go, "oh, that's what will happen to me if I go out without a mask." theoretically....

i just want to be clear that i didn't say anything about what anyone is "entitled" to do i just feel pretty strongly that its not aligned with the ostensible goal.

i think in almost any case, from a public health and safety perspective the goal of the staff, the security and onlookers should at least initially be to avoid escalation and minimize exposure time. if they grandstand anyway or are a repeat offender, theres probably room for a conversation about proportional response and the utility of public shaming (though in a sharply bifurcated social media world i'm fairly skeptical about that part too) most meltdowns arent gonna be spectacular enough to go viral, just loud and long enough to be unhygenic.

theres plenty of places for teachable moments and public shame I just have a hard time buying hardline citizen (or retail security for that matter) escalation of a mask infraction is one of them.

but i will fight to my death for your right to mask shame if you want. i just can let the rationale go unchallenged.
There’s no path to a satisfying conclusion at this point.

badhat

Postby scramble » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:55 pm

wuk wrote:The bare ass illusion photo were incredible at coachella ‘17
Kenny wrote:Some day when I am dead, you slow pokes will get that I have been hilarious for years.

scramble

Postby Sissy Spacerock » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:39 pm

nautical hyperblast wrote:incense burnt and inhaled directly smell floral in my sinus for a moment which is encouraging.

alt donovan lyrics

glad you're doing well

you should drink a giant pot of foul-tasting brain potion to take advantage of the absence and try to end COVID entirely by engaging its boss in psychic warfare
ʸᴼᵁ ᵀᴴᴵᴺᴷ ʸᴼᵁ ᴷᴺᴼᵂ ᴹᴱ

Sissy Spacerock

Postby brent » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:54 pm

i beat the shit out of 4 different people today for not wearing masks at the grocery store. felt great

brent

Postby nautical hyperblast » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:56 pm

Sissy Spacerock wrote:
nautical hyperblast wrote:incense burnt and inhaled directly smell floral in my sinus for a moment which is encouraging.

alt donovan lyrics

glad you're doing well

you should drink a giant pot of foul-tasting brain potion to take advantage of the absence and try to end COVID entirely by engaging its boss in psychic warfare

oh don't worry, i am doing ayahuasca to clean myself out after this.
(ONCE I TEST NEGATIVE 2X OVER)

nautical hyperblast

Postby Self Destructive Zone » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:57 pm

I feel like after adjusting to the new normal, the dread is back today and worse than ever. Like I knew we were fucking up, but I never imagined we could fuck up this bad and not be doing anything to reverse course
giant screens with skies exploding/thumping bass and power chords/we got a preacher if you're listening/he'll play his guitar if you're bored

Self Destructive Zone

Postby Chyet » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:19 pm

People are pausing in aisles with their carts and in narrow sidewalks and trails hoping to corner others into conversations. Mostly soft jowled 60 yr old men, and this is a well off neighborhood.

Luckily 95 percent of shopping is pick-up for me.

But they've definitely forced the escalation and barged through the 6ft bubble purposefully several times. Wife has to to direct them to step the fuck back. Same. Or when they start to say something when I step aside on the sidewalk,"fuck your opinions". But no I don't try to educate them. Its getting scary tbh, its very aggressive. Old dudes ate trying to hobble faster to cross our paths at intersections.

And people have stopped to stare more often, though that might be about mixed marriage and just got a maga bump from yhe vitus.

Def staying in more
ad astra per alia porci/death from a dove/and hell is dark

Chyet

Postby Chyet » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:20 pm

Would anyone like to take over my lease? Cheap nice neighborhood, walking trails
ad astra per alia porci/death from a dove/and hell is dark

Chyet

Postby ZONKER666 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:48 pm

wuk wrote:The bare ass illusion photo is incredible

The butt appears to twerk when the image is swayed
Simpsons Avatar wrote:Vegetarians eat the meat of bush often

ZONKER666

Postby bold man » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:54 pm

yeah ive been locked in and i really dont care if people think its the wrong move
in the international space station having a three-way with hillary clinton and sarah palin

bold man
ok

Postby auspice » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:02 pm

badhat wrote:
auspice wrote:anyone who actively participates in the process of mask-wearing to keep each other safe is entitled to expressing dismay at those who purposefully elect to do the opposite. if peope see these videos of insane interactions in the supermarket they'll be forced to go, "oh, that's what will happen to me if I go out without a mask." theoretically....

i just want to be clear that i didn't say anything about what anyone is "entitled" to do i just feel pretty strongly that its not aligned with the ostensible goal.

i think in almost any case, from a public health and safety perspective the goal of the staff, the security and onlookers should at least initially be to avoid escalation and minimize exposure time. if they grandstand anyway or are a repeat offender, theres probably room for a conversation about proportional response and the utility of public shaming (though in a sharply bifurcated social media world i'm fairly skeptical about that part too) most meltdowns arent gonna be spectacular enough to go viral, just loud and long enough to be unhygenic.

theres plenty of places for teachable moments and public shame I just have a hard time buying hardline citizen (or retail security for that matter) escalation of a mask infraction is one of them.

but i will fight to my death for your right to mask shame if you want. i just can let the rationale go unchallenged.

I mean yeah it's common sense that hysteria isn't an effective way to deal with any of this. I guess we're on the same page, it's just a matter of taking the side of hysteria when it belongs to people concerned for their health vs. people who think liberty means you get to give people free COVID facials.

auspice

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....