abs
Queen Witch

Postby abs » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:26 pm

^ that's my gauntletToggle Spoiler
☽ ☾ ● ◯ ● ☽ ☾

abs
Queen Witch

Postby tiger » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:27 pm

cooly wrote:i post about this EP constantly and no one has ever responded but if you like this sort of stuff illogical dance by hatis noit is an incredible and very contemporary take on ye olde vocal music

please clap. i have been waiting for someone to connect with me about how great this ep is since it came out

i'm into it. i feel a lot better than i did an hour before this thread!

i'm just glad people are still using these systems at all, it's brighter sounding to me.

tiger

Postby cooly » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:32 pm

Ok I feel acknowledged now, thank you for humoring me
can wrote:old lady [whispering]

cooly

Postby dvr » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:16 pm

dvr

Postby ahungbunny » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:30 am

you can always find medieval music at thrift shops and yesterday i got this 4lp set for fifty-three cents

a fun thing to say to your friends when you hear a chanson or chant or whatever is "oh nice this record rips"

ahungbunny

Postby Sobieski » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:15 am

help i’m extremely stoned

sm//o/ke le/ss weed
and sleep more
always/ tip %20

Sobieski
Comptroller

Postby Sobieski » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:28 pm

Sobieski wrote:help i’m extremely stoned

i was going to post this but realized i already posted this a month ago

got the bubbler packed and rolling
sm//o/ke le/ss weed
and sleep more
always/ tip %20

Sobieski
Comptroller

Postby Sobieski » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:48 pm

fast forwarding in time a little bit, god fuc i forgot how good palestrina is/was

sm//o/ke le/ss weed
and sleep more
always/ tip %20

Sobieski
Comptroller

Postby loaf angel » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:29 pm

the monks do good chants and make good beers. im sure being a monk is mad chill
goldsoundz wrote:i'd bang that moron

loaf angel

Postby helix krull » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:46 pm

helix krull

Postby Bad Craziness » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:10 pm

I have a deep fondness for the way CHANT unexpectedly became a major hit record in the 90's

Rolling Stone has a great retrospective here

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/gregorian-chant-album-monks-808107/

All of the attention did not sit well with the real-life monks, who weren’t seeking so much attention. When Angel’s parent label, EMI, offered them $7.5 million to make new recordings, they turned it down, according to The Washington Post. “In our community we operate under the principle of not needing, and for that reason money does not bother us too much,” a rep (or “spokesmonk,” as WaPo called him) named Abbot Clemente Serna said in 1994. It was rumored at the time that the money they received went to charity and for upkeep around the monastery.

When the paper asked Serna about the gold and platinum plaques the monastery received, he was humble: “I would rather not be thought of as a star,” he said. “I’m just an ordinary monk.”

Bad Craziness

Postby ahungbunny » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:24 pm

speaking of monks, i just read the most notorious work of gothic horror, The Monk (1796)

it was truly disturbing! i'll probably talk more about it in the book thread

ahungbunny

Previous

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....