Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby lockheed » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:06 pm

shit, sorry
Nice day if it doesn't rain.

lockheed
big chief asshole

Postby futurist » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:09 pm

GonzO))) wrote:Super excited to report that after two weeks of checking my unemployment claim once an hour it finally updated to say that I’m ineligible, and the best part is that their phone lines are out thru next week so finding out why or what I can do to change that is impossible. Just elated to find out that my last paycheck of $49 might buy me and my parents cigarettes for a day and a half before we get evicted and end up on the street. Coronavirus is fucking awesome :x

what state are you in? i've been finding resources with phone number drops to all kinds of offices that people have been having luck with, different branches in different cities and whatnot that end up connecting you with someone.

i have some resources for california but they haven't been able to give me any info beyond "just wait.". i'm going on 4 weeks of waiting to be approved for unemployment too and being in the dark is terrifying not knowing why it's taking so long or what the outcome will be.

futurist

Postby Spoilt Victorian Child » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:46 pm

Gonzo and lockheed, if you PM me or cooly an estimate of what you need for now, we should be able to help you out.

Spoilt Victorian Child
ok

Postby kid8 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:58 am

I'm a dog and my name is Zoe! Who wants a pic of me sitting pretty?
There is a place that we both know. It lives in our hearts, we built it together.

kid8
killer

Postby kid8 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:14 am

There is a place that we both know. It lives in our hearts, we built it together.

kid8
killer

Postby kid8 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:15 am

kid8
killer

Postby kid8 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:40 am

My friend's dog was really high.

kid8
killer

Postby creedence tapes » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:05 am

What’s the story on donating right now? Is PayPal still give you guys trouble?
creedence tapes

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:21 am

man thanks again this has been so huge <3
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby cooly » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:00 am

creedence tapes wrote:What’s the story on donating right now? Is PayPal still give you guys trouble?

what i've been doing is taking down people's info (username or email) and reaching out if i have people who need money, but i' think at this point it should be OK to have a couple people send to hpncharity@gmail.com and test the waters.
can wrote:old lady [whispering]

cooly

Postby Bob511 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:52 am

it's the suspense that gets me wrote:full disclosure:i don't need money at the moment, but i was hoping i could ask some questions in here regarding monetary relief given how quickly the other thread moves.

how much information is currently known about the claiming of covid stimulus payments? any reasonable timeframe?

my partner didn't file because she didn't work for most of last year. before then, she had her refund sent to an old bank account that's attached to a rural credit union that it would be hard to get funds out of. she works in the service industry and won't be able to find work for sometime, by the looks of it. (that being said, i make enough to support us for the moment, esp. since we're not really leaving the house.) i was wondering, in particular, if there was a way to update your bank information for it? i'm pretty worried about fighting bureaucracy in order to actually get the 1200$.

if there's like, any link with a rundown on general info it would be greatly appreciated.

So they apparently got a site together:
https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/non-filers-enter-payment-info-here

A very professional and legitimate-looking site,
Eric Roberts wrote:Hipinion. Hipinion? Hipinion...is hip.

Bob511

Postby delgriffith » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:43 pm

cooly wrote:
creedence tapes wrote:What’s the story on donating right now? Is PayPal still give you guys trouble?

what i've been doing is taking down people's info (username or email) and reaching out if i have people who need money, but i' think at this point it should be OK to have a couple people send to hpncharity@gmail.com and test the waters.

I'm going to send the money from the Hipinion Fantasy Basketball League here now!
delgriffith

Postby virtuous » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:09 pm

cooly wrote:

To be clear - that’s the address but is venmo, PayPal or something else a better vehicle for the donation?
virtuous

Postby Bernie » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:30 pm

I think that’s the PayPal to send to right?

Bernie
Mayonnaise Boy

Postby Bernie » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:34 pm

I mean I hope so at least. I just sent some to that PayPal account and it went through.

Bernie
Mayonnaise Boy

Postby cooly » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:12 pm

sorry for being unclear. paypal is still our preferred method of doing things, and the account is hpncharity@gmail.com

the paypal was being annoying with security restrictions but we've figured out ways to work around it and we will continue to do that if further issues arise. no one's missed a distribution they needed yet, and i suspect things will only get easier as the account gets older. all money that was sent to the original coolymccoolvin@gmail.com is in hpncharity@gmail.com , and i still have detailed logs of everyone who donated to which and where all the money went. dm if you want to see the spreadsheet.

i understand that there's a lot of money at stake here and i want everyone who donated to feel like the money is in safe hands

cooly

Postby virtuous » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:20 pm

Thanks - I have some more to kick in
virtuous

Postby JohnK » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:04 pm

I’d like to help. Please PM me cooly/SVC/merciel; I don’t want to fuck my donation up.

JohnK

Postby virtuous » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:06 pm

Hey john!
virtuous

Postby JohnK » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:26 pm

Hey! Hi! I’m scared more and more every day!!!

JohnK

Postby Merciel » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:56 pm

JohnK!! I'm glad to see you're still alive, dude. I had begun to worry. Plz swing by the other thread to let us know what's up (if you can; there's one in members if you don't want to post out in the open), and also, thanks for being big-hearted enough to help out other people above and beyond what you're already doing in real life.

Merciel
Hipinion Dog Lady

Postby blab » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:01 pm

thank you to the person who donated to me today <3 <3 <3

blabdate:

i had a VIPKID interview but my internet was too laggy. interview rescheduled for next week. also applying to online customer service things n waiting to hear back.

blab

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:24 am

blab wrote:thank you to the person who donated to me today <3 <3 <3

yes same!

y'all have been a huge blessing to me and this has seriously helped make things much more manageable and less scary

man i need those romneybucks. sucks cause this also lined up with our FREE CHILDCARE drying up right before it, so i was already needing a new job, so now it's like, i'll need one that can also pay for childcare for TWO kids blech

ps i realized i still do things like post in comics threads or musicians threads asking for reccs on books or gear or videogames or whatever, and realized it could come off like i'm just going about business as usual, and just wanna clarify i'm definitely not like, buying shit like that at the moment lol. just trying to keep myself sane by assuming things will go back to normal.

thanks again hpn <3
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby Lil Gugger » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:06 am

I'm real scared of facing the time when I'll have to make my own luck which so many of you are already doing. This is such a tough situation in so many ways nobody is being judgy about what youre doing. You're totally right doing whatever you can to maintain some kind of normalness and trying to have fun, so don't spend a minute of worry about that. That goes for everybody even you John K!

Lil Gugger

Postby separator » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:39 am

Thanks Gugg.

separator

Postby Stuntman » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:10 pm

Thank you <3
ImageImageImage

Stuntman

Postby cooly » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:42 pm

if anyone needs a distribution from this over the next couple of weeks, let me know. it always helps to know asap because we can never be 100% sure paypal won't give us a hard time.

also, sorry i haven't been keeping the donor list up to date in the past week or so. i'll update it, but feel free to dm me if i missed you.

cooly

Postby futurist » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:53 pm

unemployment still has me on wait and i have $0, but i'm set on supplies on food for another week or so. i've thankfully gotten very small amounts from local fundraisers and restaurant worker grants. i don't want to take any funds from anyone who may need emergency supplies/medical in the mean time, but i'll probably try to check in closer to the may rent due date to see if anything is available.

futurist

Postby futurist » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:54 pm

thank you again everyone

futurist wrote:unemployment still has me on wait and i have $0, but i'm set on supplies on food for another week or so. i've thankfully gotten very small amounts from local fundraisers and restaurant worker grants. i don't want to take any funds from anyone who may need emergency supplies/medical in the mean time, but i'll probably try to check in closer to the may rent due date to see if anything is available.

futurist

Postby GonzO))) » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:58 am

Forgot that I posted in this thread!

In very good news, it turned out the message saying I was ineligible was the stock message for people in the backlog (something like 140,000 when I filed and I think I read it’s more than double that now and that their system would have been overloaded with 5,000 claims in a month so it is in chaos mode I guess). The governor ordered up something like 150 national guardsmen, working 24 hours a day, to work on getting rid of the backlog. Money was deposited in my account yesterday and thank FUCK that federal money is in there because otherwise my benefit would only be $79 a week.

Thank you to SVC and the others who were quick to offer help after I made that post. It’s genuinely touching to see people committing acts of kindness like this. Really, thank you all anyway. Luckily I don’t need any assistance right now and maybe next week I can actually contribute to those of us who still actually need help. I got my tax refund, UE, and stimulus in the past like 48 hours but had a lot to catch up on otherwise I’d have already reached out with a contribution.

Hope nobody is in too dire a situation and that everyone is staying safe. Keep shining light into darkness everyone :)
Last edited by GonzO))) on Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

GonzO)))

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....