Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Geoff » Sat May 16, 2020 8:00 am

by the way thanks for this, really helped keep me company during my insomnia.

Geoff
i like jazz

Postby banquo » Sat May 16, 2020 11:44 am

i've liked how many choices are available for the group to decide to do, even if most had boiled down to "explore the dungeon." there are still at least 7+ things we could go die while attempting in there... and returning to town led to a new map that feels like it really expanded the world/options of what to do.

within the last two weeks, i played a couple times with a friend's group led by a first-time-DM, and so far both of those sessions felt very linear where it's: "talk to this 1 specific quest giver (out of 1 total quest givers) who will 'give you an option' to do a specific thing, and there will probably be a fight at that place, and then return for a reward." and without other options it felt like "well, we kind of have to do the one and only thing."

banquo

Postby john plainman 666 » Sat May 16, 2020 12:25 pm

sorry if I came off kinda gruff last night, I realized when we finished that I was exhausted and hadn't eaten since noon. yesterday was just weird.

excited to fuck up some druids next week tho
cool party wrote:the one and only point of "liking" this, the residents, or wolf eyes, is to demonstrate how urbane you are

john plainman 666

Postby john plainman 666 » Sat May 16, 2020 12:26 pm

banquo wrote:i've liked how many choices are available for the group to decide to do, even if most had boiled down to "explore the dungeon." there are still at least 7+ things we could go die while attempting in there... and returning to town led to a new map that feels like it really expanded the world/options of what to do.

within the last two weeks, i played a couple times with a friend's group led by a first-time-DM, and so far both of those sessions felt very linear where it's: "talk to this 1 specific quest giver (out of 1 total quest givers) who will 'give you an option' to do a specific thing, and there will probably be a fight at that place, and then return for a reward." and without other options it felt like "well, we kind of have to do the one and only thing."

yeah. I feel like we're playing a cooperative version of Zork with how AHB is setting this up.
cool party wrote:the one and only point of "liking" this, the residents, or wolf eyes, is to demonstrate how urbane you are

john plainman 666

Postby banquo » Mon May 18, 2020 7:42 pm

was looking through some notes i was taking 2wks ago and remembered how sick the dungeon was. started taking these after i became flerd. added a couple quotation marks for clarity

Code: Select all
Flerd stands 4’ tall and weighs 140lbs.

2 satchels near pit, but at bottom of slope

polished black stone carved in the shape of an open mouth

smells like good wine!

15g, wine skin, a stone

POISONED!! Puked!!!

stone idol with 2 golden bowls??

left - large door, entire passage, entertwined stone snakes.
one snake missing.

purple lights in recesses in walls . .   creature's back turned, with dried human corpse's back fused to a snakes tail at waste, wearing tattered robes, can see skin beneath. grabbing beakers / flasks/ smoke is coming up / treasure from sacred temples

"are you thieves

and you come to raid my temple. it is no dog, mind your manners.

waht do you know of the demon .. . baltoplat.. what of it. . "

the demon tried to trick us ,

" 'ello bipeds! you think i'm unused to.."

gleep holds up as eyeballs

clawed hand

tosses the eyeball necklace??? zizimanter ... "speak not of treasure. sought only unclaimed property"

flerd charges lich, feared before getting to him

crying uncontrolably! dark & cold here.. .

one more gift.. . ??? ...

door closes behind

lich has visage of greatest fear ... run out of room . zizimanter. "i'm not rude, but don't test me. i suggest you begone."

six? traded for one

oil mixes in and drips off of jelly

7dmg doesn't matter

oil_jelly catches fire, doesn't impede movement, just on fire now

begins to reconstitute itself

flaming skeleton reconstituting itself

banquo

Postby john plainman 666 » Mon May 18, 2020 7:47 pm

"flerd charges lich, feared before getting to him"

this was hilarious

john plainman 666

Postby Geoff » Fri May 22, 2020 2:49 pm

we doing this again tonight?

Geoff
i like jazz

Postby ahungbunny » Fri May 22, 2020 3:00 pm

Hell yeah to all that. Player agency's the whole point of tabletop roleplaying - otherwise you might as well play a videogame or watch a movie. Bo-ring.

Y'all totally nailed several aspects of the ecology in that dungeon and the behavior of its denizens, by the way. I won't give away any specifics, but it's fuckin' sick to see that happen purely by context and induction.

Bump for T-minus three hours.

ahungbunny

Postby ahungbunny » Fri May 22, 2020 5:47 pm

Starting soon!

ahungbunny wrote:Roll20 room: https://app.roll20.net/join/3980781/Zzn7Qw
And here's the discord link, just for voice https://discord.gg/6jHRxb4
The basic rules of this version of D&D are available free here. This edition is meant to be fast and simple, so don't worry if you have zero experience with D&D or other RPGs. You'll pick it up in like fifteen minutes and it'll be great. Hell yeah.

ahungbunny

Postby ahungbunny » Fri May 29, 2020 3:24 pm

Grim fantasy escapism starts again at 7pm tonight on the precipice of the D'Estrier Manor.

ahungbunny

Postby ahungbunny » Fri May 29, 2020 6:05 pm

Kicking off in a bit.

ahungbunny wrote:Roll20 room: https://app.roll20.net/join/3980781/Zzn7Qw
And here's the discord link, just for voice https://discord.gg/6jHRxb4
The basic rules of this version of D&D are available free here. This edition is meant to be fast and simple, so don't worry if you have zero experience with D&D or other RPGs. You'll pick it up in like fifteen minutes and it'll be great. Hell yeah.

ahungbunny

Postby VHB » Fri May 29, 2020 10:20 pm

galactagogue wrote:i usually just assume no one is into me, it makes it easier to be myself.

Suspension Bridge wrote:Werewolf was the best thing to happen to me in 2015 and that includes my wedding

bill wrote:every hooker deserves an Oscar for faking orgasms i swear to god

Kenny wrote:If you can remmeber any conversation with a cashier 30 seconds after you had it you're doing it wrong

VHB
VHS

Postby Sutro » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:57 pm

Excited for this but I fucked up and scheduled a job interview for 4:00 Pacific. I'll join as soon as it's done, probably 4:30ish.

Sutro

Postby john plainman 666 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:01 pm

oh yeah, i wanted to check in and see if we should postpone this week.

john plainman 666

Postby ahungbunny » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:29 pm

yeah that sounds good. i've barely thought about it since last time

ahungbunny

Postby VHB » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:21 pm

i'm chillin in there by myself now.

I'm okay to play if we want or postpone if we want
galactagogue wrote:i usually just assume no one is into me, it makes it easier to be myself.

Suspension Bridge wrote:Werewolf was the best thing to happen to me in 2015 and that includes my wedding

Kenny wrote:If you can remmeber any conversation with a cashier 30 seconds after you had it you're doing it wrong

VHB
VHS

Postby banquo » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:39 pm

VHB wrote:I'm okay to play if we want or postpone if we want

same - i was going to be a little late anyway, but i saw the posts and figured postpone meant same time next week rather than starting later

banquo

Postby Sutro » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:11 pm

oh yeah, that was my understanding too

Sutro

Postby ahungbunny » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:26 pm

hails

ahungbunny

Postby banquo » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:28 pm

i probably won't make it tonight - say hi to her ladyship for flerd

or if another day/time works better for ahb/anyone else looking to join in, i'd be for switching it up

banquo

Postby VHB » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:42 pm

I am ok with a time change if it makes it easier on others.

My shift typically ends right at 4 and I have a short commute so I’m usually not too late in showing up (as will be the case again today) but I wouldn’t mind adjusting start time to something I can actually turn up early to 8-)

VHB
VHS

Postby john plainman 666 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:42 pm

i'm down for switching it up too. i'm a bit worn out today.

john plainman 666

Postby ahungbunny » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:52 pm

cool with that

while shows and band practice don't exist i'm generally available wednesday through saturday starting at 6 or 7pm eastern, with tuesday as an option if necessary

ahungbunny

Postby Sutro » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:11 pm

I'm on the west coast and starting a new job in a couple weeks so I may not be able to duck out at 4:00 every Friday going forward. An hour later would be good for me. I also have basically nothing on my calendar other than work these days so I could do another night of the week or weekend afternoon if that works better for others.

Sutro

Postby Sutro » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:26 pm

What's the plan? I can do our original time for at least 2 more weeks.

Sutro

Postby Geoff » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:30 pm

I got told off for staying up too late, would prefer earlier in the day if possible, but I know may not work for everyone.

Geoff
i like jazz

Postby Sutro » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:11 pm

I was kinda hoping people would show up today if only to discuss scheduling. Do you still wanna run this game ahb? I was really enjoying it but I just showed up stoned and rolled some dice, you had to do everything.

If people still want to play and we're just fumbling the scheduling I think we need to gather some contact info - trying to plan via this thread hasn't been working.

Sutro

Postby john plainman 666 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:20 pm

i would be down to reschedule to another weekday as fridays have been more difficult lately. my schedule is pretty flexible!

john plainman 666

Postby Sutro » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:38 pm

Can everyone fill this in with what times they are available most weeks in eastern time?

https://www.when2meet.com/?9271880-4jPr1

Sutro

Postby an otter » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:21 am

bump. whatever happened to this, folks all get busy?
ˁᵔᵜᵔˀ

an otter

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....