Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby katastroika » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:05 am

i've been to three mile island and silent hill i fixed my ugly gross third eye with a 12v power drill i've been to la and nyc but there was nothing there but cops and everybody died while everybody watched

katastroika

Postby katastroika » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:05 am

i feel like everyone i've known like this rl talks with these same inflections and mannerismns.... where does it come from. is it one of the joss whedon shows?
i've been to three mile island and silent hill i fixed my ugly gross third eye with a 12v power drill i've been to la and nyc but there was nothing there but cops and everybody died while everybody watched

katastroika

Postby Kenny » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:06 am

I'm getting like a Buffalo or Upstate New York thing
[PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT]

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those who you choose to accept and live by.

I'm not a player I just crush a lot. ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Kenny » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:10 am

Didn't get to the "I am a bisexual woman with mental health issues" part the first time
Last edited by Kenny on Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those who you choose to accept and live by.

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby separator » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:12 am

that's northern california

separator

Postby Jerry Lundegaard » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:14 am

correct me if i am wrong, but isn't she writing off people based on certain characteristics in the same way that she may be being written off? (tone:sincere)

Jerry Lundegaard

Postby an otter » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:15 am

the only person i know who spoke like that was born & raised in BC and it was because they had invisible adult braces and had to over-articulate around them

edit:
separator wrote:that's northern california

checks out, BC accents are real similar to PNW american
Last edited by an otter on Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
ˁᵔᵜᵔˀ

an otter

Postby Jerry Lundegaard » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:15 am

feels like it, but it isn't lilty enough?

i was thinking maybe northern midwest, like south wisco or somewhere in michigan

Jerry Lundegaard

Postby Kenny » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:17 am

That doesn't sound Northern Californian to me. The way she pronounces "ar"s like "started" sounds like a Northern/Midwest (or even Canadian) thing

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby katastroika » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:17 am

Jerry Lundegaard wrote:correct me if i am wrong, but isn't she writing off people based on certain characteristics in the same way that she may be being written off? (tone:sincere)

yes

it's a bad ivdeo

katastroika

Postby katastroika » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:18 am

the buffalo thing makes the most sense to me altho like for some reason i feel like i've known a half dozen women that talk like this that all seem to have the same interests in a way that transcends interests. like the first person i knew who talked like this lived in georgia her entire life tho idk where her dad lived/came from/....

katastroika

Postby jack » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:22 am

it sounds midwestern to me

jack

Postby quinine » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:23 am

Jerry Lundegaard wrote:

feels like it, but it isn't lilty enough?

i was thinking maybe northern midwest, like south wisco or somewhere in michigan

I don't rly perceive her as having an 'accent' (kinda a lisp or something tho) so this is prob right

quinine
ok

Postby Skerple » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:49 am

hmm i know of someone from rochester this instantly reminded me of. but somehow it must not be an accent since everyone seems to know people from different regions who do it. so wtf is it?

Skerple

Postby Celiac » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:52 am

i think the regional accent might be less important than a reaction to having had braces or maybe a lisp or something

Celiac

Postby Celiac » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:54 am

western ny is def a possibility tho don't see why not

Celiac

Postby Cool Ranch Zorb » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:57 am

when people do these quick cuts why in the FUCK do they always cut off the last fucking syllable? just give it 20 more ms jesus christ

Cool Ranch Zorb

Postby katastroika » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:58 am

katastroika

Postby kabanos » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:59 am

I think that's how you sound after getting involved in all the dorm events as a freshman

kabanos

Postby quinine » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:00 am

ya I think this is just nerd voice?

quinine
ok

Postby katastroika » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:14 am

ya tahts what i think iw as trying to get at

i just donth know where the root of it is

katastroika

Postby important dentist » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:34 am

yeah nerd accent

cf:
"My foremost duty is to the board," Important Dentist countered. "I
cannot afford to spend that much time researching human sexuality."

important dentist

Postby quinine » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:37 am

I also don't find anything particularly cringy abt the op vid except that she's bad at tiktok. YA fan who's not into classics? so?

quinine
ok

Postby Kenny » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:43 am

I think if you turn a phone camera on and point it at a teenager yr going to be filming cringe

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby katastroika » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:47 am

taht person is 23

katastroika

Postby katastroika » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:47 am

the last person i was friends with that talked like this iirc was a wiccan high priestess that was in a class i took about cults/nrms in undergrad. i think she was also 23... most other people... also 23... 23 year old voice...

katastroika

Postby Kenny » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:51 am

katastroika wrote:taht person is 23

oh wow, I was thinking like 18 max lol

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby quinine » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:04 pm

everyone is 23 tbh

quinine
ok

Postby grace cathedral park » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:34 pm

katastroika wrote:i feel like everyone i've known like this rl talks with these same inflections and mannerismns.... where does it come from. is it one of the joss whedon shows?

picrew speak
Never knowingly eaten an ass.

grace cathedral park
The Rooster

Postby grace cathedral park » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:36 pm

i guess on the discussion of content in her post, i feel like my friends and i were very into the "classics" at like 16.... like being really geeked about catcher in the rye and the great gatsby lmao

the constant poptimist retconning of teenager's being exclusively into one direction and harry potter is some serious infantalization shit
Never knowingly eaten an ass.

grace cathedral park
The Rooster

Next

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....