Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Locust Valley 3 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:44 am

Lil gugger thats awesome!!!! BSB took me 20+ tries. If you can beat her and papa G you can easily beat every other boss! Remember to re explore areas later in the game as the environment changes and certain characters change their disppsitions towards you if you approach them from a different direction!

Locust Valley 3

Postby Locust Valley 3 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:46 am

Also getting bagged is a punishment. If you hadnt died to the bag men you wouldnt be thrown in jail. That being said, theres a way to escape that area, youll return to it later when you are properly prepared

Locust Valley 3

Postby Locust Valley 3 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:50 am

Darkbeast Paarl was one of the more frustrating bosses for me in the game until I returned to it later properly leveled. I think it is one of if not the first (cant remember if vicar amelia does) that has an AoE attack which takes some time to learn how to dodge while also maintaining aggression. Dark Souls introduces you to AoE way earlier iirc

Locust Valley 3

Postby Locust Valley 3 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:53 am

Cant get the Anor Londo reveal out of my mind

Locust Valley 3

Postby warmjets » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:54 am

I am dogshit at boss fights

I just roll around the whole time and try to chop at their legs

warmjets

Postby sevenarts » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:03 am

Locust Valley 3 wrote:Just started witcher 3 and hoo boy the combat is uh lacking

From games really ruined combat in like every other game for me, it's kinda an unfortunate side effect.

sevenarts

Postby tgk » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:23 am

Yeah I remember really struggling with queelag until I finally realized I needed to change my strategy to one hand and use my shield and switch to two handed when I had an opening and something like that just doesn't exist in very many other games

tgk

Postby Pokemon Mastah » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:24 am

Has anyone done a bloodtinge build on Bloodborne?

Pokemon Mastah

Postby sevenarts » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:39 am

Pokemon Mastah wrote:Has anyone done a bloodtinge build on Bloodborne?

Yea, it's powerful but a little boring because options are so limited - you'll basically use a Chikage and Evelyn, some bosses can be completely pistol-spammed down from afar. It's also really underpowered early so you have to be willing/able to run for Logarius as early as possible. Going BT/strength and using the Bloodletter is still pretty limited but that's more of a fun, goofy weapon - unfortunately you also have to beat a lot of the DLC to get it.

Arcane is way more fun as far as specialty builds go.

sevenarts

Postby bunkbeds » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:14 pm

i’m giving bloodborne a second shot after bouncing off of it, and then ds3. 3rd time’s a charm i guess. i was honestly somewhat intentional in playing some games that have similar combat to souls games, but are more forgiving.

anyway, i beat the cleric beast two days ago and am slowly making my way further through central yarnham. i just got fucked by the giant pig thing in the tunnel in the canal.Toggle Spoiler i am having so much more fun this time around and am feeling a lot more powerful. the wolfmen with the spears are fucking assholes. also i feel like i should be more intentional about building my confidence in parrying before papa g.

loved reading the posts from the person who also just started bb! i’m more terrified of gascoigne after hearing he took you 50 tries :oops:

bunkbeds

Postby Locust Valley 3 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:24 pm

Gascoigne is hard af but only because its the first time you fight a fellow hunter. Also its one of the coolest fights in the game so dying to him over and over isnt really frustrating because the fight and locale are so fuckin dope

Locust Valley 3

Postby ten chimneys » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:26 pm

daddy g isn't that bad
once you "get" the fight he prepares you for the rest of the game
Sissy Spacerock wrote:IRL will only be inhabited by those of us who have learned to derive pleasure in suffering

ten chimneys

Postby Locust Valley 3 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:30 pm

Remember getting ganked by the three hunters in yaargul your true time thru. One of the most bullshit spots in the game

Locust Valley 3

Postby Locust Valley 3 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:31 pm

One of the things dark souls did better than bloodborne is thst there are some seriously hot chicks in dark souls.

Locust Valley 3

Postby ten chimneys » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:33 pm

Locust Valley 3 wrote:One of the things dark souls did better than bloodborne is thst there are some seriously hot chicks in dark souls.

bruh
Sissy Spacerock wrote:IRL will only be inhabited by those of us who have learned to derive pleasure in suffering

ten chimneys

Postby mondays » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:48 pm

Someone hasn't gotten to Lady Maria

mondays

Postby bunkbeds » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:52 pm

good lookin out lv, that helped me out with papa g. i’m takin a lil breather after dying to him twice. got him to almost 50% both times, but kept making embarrassing panicked mistakes. on my way to my first attempt, i cleared the way so fluidly, it was like those dudes on youtube :rixx:

bunkbeds

Postby virtuous » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:58 pm

Locust Valley 3 wrote:Remember getting ganked by the three hunters in yaargul your true time thru. One of the most bullshit spots in the game

I think this is my favorite part of the game
virtuous

Postby warmjets » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:05 pm

Finished the painted world in DS3. Since I already did Ringed City I think the only thing left is the final boss. Been using the dragonslayer greataxe. It's an absolute beast

warmjets

Postby Locust Valley 3 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:49 pm

bunkbeds wrote:good lookin out lv, that helped me out with papa g. i’m takin a lil breather after dying to him twice. got him to almost 50% both times, but kept making embarrassing panicked mistakes. on my way to my first attempt, i cleared the way so fluidly, it was like those dudes on youtube :rixx:

Hell yeah, you got this

Locust Valley 3

Postby warmjets » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:58 am

started NG+ in DS3 last night, ran through it quickly and just beat rotted greatwood or whatever that stupid tree is called

thinking i should give DS2 a whirl and see what the hate is all about. bad idea?

warmjets

Postby ᶦᵗᵗᶦᵉ ᵇᶦᵗᵗᶦᵉ ᵍᵘᵍᵍᶦᵉ ᵇᵘᵈᵈᶦᵉ » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:22 am

bunkbeds wrote:good lookin out lv, that helped me out with papa g. i’m takin a lil breather after dying to him twice. got him to almost 50% both times, but kept making embarrassing panicked mistakes. on my way to my first attempt, i cleared the way so fluidly, it was like those dudes on youtube :rixx:

Wow sounds like you got mr G in the bag p much. Every 3rd time or so he would basically shoot me dead as I walked through the fog gate.

I haven't progressed much this weekend. Killed the witch first time and I realize that's nothing to brag about but I had wandered in there with 37k blood and was like ~noooooo~ and was very keyed up the whole fight.

Took many hours of retreading ground for me to rediscover the way into the dark woods, and now there's a few places to go but I haven't found any lanterns beyond the first one so there is a hell of a lot of running real far trying to find all the items and then dying in random spots, also, p sure I've fallen for literally every single booby trap haha I suck

ᶦᵗᵗᶦᵉ ᵇᶦᵗᵗᶦᵉ ᵍᵘᵍᵍᶦᵉ ᵇᵘᵈᵈᶦᵉ

Postby Locust Valley 3 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:59 pm

Started DS3 this morning and beat the first boss, thst rolling dog thing. Now im in the undead village place and its like wtf, this is just bloodborne

Locust Valley 3

Postby Locust Valley 3 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:59 pm

The color pallette compared to DS1 os garbage

Locust Valley 3

Postby Locust Valley 3 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:35 pm

Feeling very confused by the amount of bonfires

Locust Valley 3

Postby virtuous » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:41 pm

Locust Valley 3 wrote:Started DS3 this morning and beat the first boss, thst rolling dog thing. Now im in the undead village place and its like wtf, this is just bloodborne

Well you see you don’t have a gun.

But yeah that village is absolutely hemwick charnel lane.
virtuous

Postby virtuous » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:41 pm

There a lot of cool areas and bosses tho
virtuous

Postby Locust Valley 3 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:42 pm

Already been invaded twice. Not something i really ever dealt with in DS1 or BB. Definitely adds some extra spice to the experience. Embers seem to be pretty much everywhere and the fsct you can buy them + the extra HP boost seems to encourage it. Hope it becomes a regular occurence as I continue forward. So far the enemy design is really neat, but the placement seems really haphazard and less thought out. It seems like all possible alternate paths are just minor diversions that eventually bleed into the normal straightforward way, except now theres a bonfire rewarding you whichever way you end up choosing.

Weird game so far. Hope it gets better.

Locust Valley 3

Postby Locust Valley 3 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:45 pm

Also the iframes in this seem super generous

Locust Valley 3

Postby Locust Valley 3 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:29 pm

The giant rotting tree is luring me into bad habits. Keep trying to stay close and be aggressive but eith only 5 estus flacks and no rally i keep dying in second phase with 1/4 of its health left. This is not bloodborne, this is not bloodborne

Locust Valley 3

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....