Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Locust Valley 3 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:32 pm

lil egger wrote:
bunkbeds wrote:good lookin out lv, that helped me out with papa g. i’m takin a lil breather after dying to him twice. got him to almost 50% both times, but kept making embarrassing panicked mistakes. on my way to my first attempt, i cleared the way so fluidly, it was like those dudes on youtube :rixx:

Wow sounds like you got mr G in the bag p much. Every 3rd time or so he would basically shoot me dead as I walked through the fog gate.

I haven't progressed much this weekend. Killed the witch first time and I realize that's nothing to brag about but I had wandered in there with 37k blood and was like ~noooooo~ and was very keyed up the whole fight.

Took many hours of retreading ground for me to rediscover the way into the dark woods, and now there's a few places to go but I haven't found any lanterns beyond the first one so there is a hell of a lot of running real far trying to find all the items and then dying in random spots, also, p sure I've fallen for literally every single booby trap haha I suck

I sprinted thru the forest because of its reputation and then one shotted the boss which I kind of wish I hadnt of done because the area is really neat if you can take a chill pill and really explore it. Really fucking epic boss fight too

Locust Valley 3

Postby ahungbunny » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:32 pm

there's a lot more to that village than you're probably seeing right now

the cursed tree is one of my least favorite bosses in all these games but i appreciate what they were going for, i guess

ahungbunny

Postby ten chimneys » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:07 pm

playing through BB again trying to go arcane and I just got the augur if eibretas and trivially killed the two hunters outside the research hall with it tthis kicks ass
Sissy Spacerock wrote:IRL will only be inhabited by those of us who have learned to derive pleasure in suffering

ten chimneys

Postby Shotfrog » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:12 pm

Arcane seems to really swing back and forth on the difficulty scale. I'm getting rocked trying to reach the Executioner Gloves in Cainhurst, but yeah, the Augur is making most human-type enemies trivially easy.

I also kicked the Amygdala's dick in with the Tonitrus.

Shotfrog

Postby bunkbeds » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:56 pm

y’alls posts gassed me up real good yesterday, so i fired up bloodborne and slayed gascoigne on the first attempt of the day 8-)

i’m fucking loving this shit, i can’t stop thinkin about this game. it feels SO good to be out of central yarnham. i’ve mostly been putting my echoes towards vitality, endurance and strength. idk what i’m doing but i’m actually having fun which never happened during my past attempts at souls games, so i’m like :awful:

bunkbeds

Postby bunkbeds » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:58 pm

idk what bloodtinge and arcane do, should i be dumping points into those eventually

bunkbeds

Postby Locust Valley 3 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:05 pm

bunkbeds wrote:idk what bloodtinge and arcane do, should i be dumping points into those eventually

No dont waste blood echoes on them. They are builds for a second playthrough.

Locust Valley 3

Postby Locust Valley 3 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:06 pm

Hell ya at beating papa g. The next area (cathedral ward) is my favorite area in the game. Dont be intimidated by the size of enemies, the bigger they are the slower and easier to dodge they usually are!

Locust Valley 3

Postby warmjets » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:08 pm

about 4 hours into DS3 NG+ and just beat Abyss Watchers, the difficulty will be catching up to me soon though and i don't know what i'm going to do

warmjets

Postby Locust Valley 3 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:09 pm

ahungbunny wrote:there's a lot more to that village than you're probably seeing right now

the cursed tree is one of my least favorite bosses in all these games but i appreciate what they were going for, i guess

I was really struggling with this asshole until I realized there were more puss things I could hit besides the ones on his groin. I was just going after his crazy arm phase 2 and doing no damage and was losing my mind. Feel like an idiot now, turns out to be a really easy fight...

And yeah this level keeps opening up. I just discovered the catacombs, irina of carim, and the sin forgiving statue. Now im just trying to lure this huge frostbitten beast into an elevator hole lol. I am teuly playing this game blind whereas DS1 and BB I had read a lot of spoilers and general info over the years so im quite enjoying that

Locust Valley 3

Postby warmjets » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:15 pm

the first half of DS3 is pretty ugly imo, but it gets better

warmjets

Postby ten chimneys » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:28 pm

so much lore hidden in the environment in this game. little knooks and crannies with statues or weird plants

forbidden woods is definitely a lot more enjoyable when I can blast everything with the augur or my flamesprayer and cudgel everything that survives with my electric mace.

the transition from gothic to cosmic going from cathredral ward to woods to bergynworth is so good
Sissy Spacerock wrote:IRL will only be inhabited by those of us who have learned to derive pleasure in suffering

ten chimneys

Postby ten chimneys » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:40 pm

just got killed instantly by the pig in the swamp

ten chimneys

Postby Locust Valley 3 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:44 pm

I am almost through Farron's Keep and am really starting to warm up to this. Yeah it feels way more linear than DS1 but visually you are constantly reminded where you are relative to the areas you cleared prior. It really is quite stunning visually. It doed telegraph certain things too much (red glowing eyes indicate a stronger enemy, there being tip markers in front of the small little candles you are supposed to extinguish, onion man basically telling you to jump through the elevator to find him and a new area with really good loot etc) but then it retains the difficulty and mystique in other ways.

Locust Valley 3

Postby ZONKER666 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:06 am

Pretty fun reading people's first times through the Soulsbourne series, makes me want to pick them up again but then I remembered that I never beat Sekiro (got stuck on that dude with the lightning 3rd phase after beating butterfly lady).

Dark Souls 2 got a lot of hate at the time because compared to 1 yeah it was a step down, but there's still a lot of great/entertainingly frustrating moments in the game.... a couple shit sections too, especially the central base location IMHFO, but hey no one's perfect.

Fuck, I need to get back on the train with you all
Simpsons Avatar wrote:Vegetarians eat the meat of bush often

ZONKER666

Postby warmjets » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:53 am

died like 10 times trying to beat Crystal Sage last night, after beating it my first try in NG :x

LV3 have you made it to Abyss Watchers yet?

warmjets

Postby bunkbeds » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:21 am

zonker, hop back into bloodborne! it’s a blast! would be stoked to hear what your experience is like. i’m also curious to know how you would compare sekiro to bb.

lv3 thank you so much for all of your insight and encouragement. sincerely grateful for that!

egger how you holdin up bub

bunkbeds

Postby bunkbeds » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:23 am

i spent a good chunk of time journaling about this game yesterday lol

bunkbeds

Postby figaro2 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:27 am

really hoping for some sweet sweet demons souls remake gameplay footage at this ps5 thing today!!
figaro2

Postby tgk » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:02 pm

Weigel is getting in on the from games now

tgk

Postby Shotfrog » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:07 pm

I believe in Dave.

Shotfrog

Postby Locust Valley 3 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:18 pm

warmjets wrote:died like 10 times trying to beat Crystal Sage last night, after beating it my first try in NG :x

LV3 have you made it to Abyss Watchers yet?

Yeah I just beat them. Incredible fight, I had goosebumps the whole time.

Finally starting to get into pvp a little and it adds a whole new layer to these games ive never experienced

Locust Valley 3

Postby Locust Valley 3 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:19 pm

figaro2 wrote:really hoping for some sweet sweet demons souls remake gameplay footage at this ps5 thing today!!

Yeah same

Locust Valley 3

Postby ᶦᵗᵗᶦᵉ ᵇᶦᵗᵗᶦᵉ ᵍᵘᵍᵍᶦᵉ ᵇᵘᵈᵈᶦᵉ » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:54 pm

Man abyss watchers were such a huge victory for me. I don't like kiting bosses a lot but find myself doing it all the time anyways. The only other boss I had a harder time with was probably the dragon armor.

I love bloodbornes environments and level design they feel like actual places. DS 3 is not at this level imo.

I finally beat the shadows of yarnham after 31 attempts. Kept trying different things and different weapons, kiting, attack styles, who to kill first, spent like half my insight getting young buddy to come in and distract but decided he wasn't really helping. Nothing worked, I think I got them even to stage two only twice before I beat them. It's so hard to separate them long enough to get an attack in! My main mistakes were mostly sticking to 2handed ludwig's blade and always going for the mage first because I found him the most annoying. Once I switched to 1h I found the other two are incredibly easy to parry so after a couple attempts getting caught with fireballs or flamethrower while fighting sword guy I killed him amd then easily ran over the candle guy and by that point mage guy doesn't have a chance on his own. Such a huge adrenaline shot!

ᶦᵗᵗᶦᵉ ᵇᶦᵗᵗᶦᵉ ᵍᵘᵍᵍᶦᵉ ᵇᵘᵈᵈᶦᵉ

Postby ᶦᵗᵗᶦᵉ ᵇᶦᵗᵗᶦᵉ ᵍᵘᵍᵍᶦᵉ ᵇᵘᵈᵈᶦᵉ » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:01 pm

Omg I hate Rom. This is such a bad fight for all the wrong reasons.

Postby ten chimneys » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:05 pm

Lyle GugAire wrote:Omg I hate Rom. This is such a bad fight for all the wrong reasons.

yeah Rom is kinda annoying. I just beat her and what I did was circle around her with my fire gem ludwig's and kill her spiders while dodging her projectiles, then charging up my tonitrius and taking out 2/3rd of her healthbar. It's not a hard fight but it's time consuming and tedious to do it safely.

ten chimneys

Postby figaro2 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:55 pm

hope all the one shotting enemies was just for demo purposes (blue point also talked about a fractured mode or whatever as well). perspective seems a little off?

regardless...looks ridiculous.
figaro2

Postby Shotfrog » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:59 pm

8-)

Shotfrog

Postby ᶦᵗᵗᶦᵉ ᵇᶦᵗᵗᶦᵉ ᵍᵘᵍᵍᶦᵉ ᵇᵘᵈᵈᶦᵉ » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:42 pm

Looks more like a God of war than anything else. Dude has some seriously squishy sounding shoes he should get that checked out.

Postby warmjets » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:15 pm

Not really digging how it looks. Looks too cute for a fromsoft game

i never played the original.

warmjets

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....