Long distance online relationships

'Cause I've been postin' and laughin' so long
That even my momma thinks that my mind is gone

Postby Philip Graff » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:09 pm

Does it ever work? Am I acting the fool?
Philip Graff

Postby Fine Wine » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:10 pm

What is your relationship like

Fine Wine

Postby Philip Graff » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:14 pm

Started talking online in Oct on a dating site, talked pretty much every day since.
We're canada / UK distanced and he wants to come visit as soon as covid restrictions allow, but I also feel him pulling away a bit, or I could be crazy
Philip Graff

Postby virile » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:18 pm

there are long distance dating sites? what made you look into that? like was the appeal the long distance? or you always intended to meet? i am fascinated by this.
mercenaries of slime wrote:or i can just post what i want

virile

Postby Fine Wine » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:20 pm

That's a very long distance and it seems tough to keep rolling post pandemic

Fine Wine

Postby Philip Graff » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:24 pm

Haha no no, it's a gay site and I guess back at the start of covid with dates and everything happening only online anyways, people were just reaching out to anyone regardless of location, and me and this guy just totally hit it off

But now with the covid lockdowns nearing an end and both of us getting back out to the "real world" I just fear that this will fizzle out
Philip Graff

Postby Philip Graff » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:24 pm

Fine Wine wrote:That's a very long distance and it seems tough to keep rolling post pandemic

My fears and thoughts exactly
Philip Graff

Postby Flossed Out » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:28 pm

The longer it goes the more you will be creating the idea of someone in your head that isn’t the actual person. Then if you meet them you will spend the whole time trying to understand why they aren’t the person you thought they were. Because you don’t actually know them.

Flossed Out

Postby Philip Graff » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:31 pm

Damn
Philip Graff

Postby big zorb » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:31 pm

I'm in a long distance online friendship with Nathan 8^)
Woman: [Possibly smiling or laughing].

big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby gug » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:36 pm

On the other hand, take a chance let em visit, try to have fun. Could be great could be worth changing life plans for? No way to know if you don't try. Likely worst thing that happens is you learn it doesn't work out and you move on. That's not so bad.

gug
Site Admin

Postby Flossed Out » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:40 pm

Oh yeah def go visit them once you can. It’ll be cool trip to take even if it doesn’t work out. It’s always nice to travel somewhere and have a local guide.

Flossed Out

Postby Fine Wine » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:49 pm

big zorb wrote:I'm in a long distance online friendship with Nathan 8^)

🥰😍

Fine Wine

Postby Jerry Lundegaard » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:53 pm

Philip Graff wrote:
Fine Wine wrote:That's a very long distance and it seems tough to keep rolling post pandemic

might be worth it to communicate these fears, dunno if you have already but

Jerry Lundegaard

Postby Kiki » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:00 pm

AHEM. Excuse me. I am an expert on this subject.

Kiki

Postby 31Geeeeeeee » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:03 pm

fortunately my dick reaches across continents
31Geeeeeeee

Postby virile » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:03 pm

Philip Graff wrote:Haha no no, it's a gay site and I guess back at the start of covid with dates and everything happening only online anyways, people were just reaching out to anyone regardless of location, and me and this guy just totally hit it off

But now with the covid lockdowns nearing an end and both of us getting back out to the "real world" I just fear that this will fizzle out

aw that's way less interesting! well either way hope it goes well when you meet!
mercenaries of slime wrote:or i can just post what i want

virile

Postby lordofdiapers » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:04 pm

You and me, we come from different worlds.

You like to laugh at me when I look at other girls.
Stuntman wrote:Does anyone remember Late Night Cheeseburger? That was my jam. Tasted like BO.

<3

lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby 31Geeeeeeee » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:07 pm

lordofdiapers wrote:You and me, we come from different worlds.

You like to laugh at me when I look at other girls.

I'm such a baby 'cause the dolphins make me cry
31Geeeeeeee

Postby Fine Wine » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:10 pm

just move to england jeez

Fine Wine

Postby Fine Wine » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:10 pm

ask kenny for help he'll let you live at his place for a bit

Fine Wine

Postby Kiki » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:19 pm

I started talking to someone online for 11 months before we decided to meet. I decided to go meet him in the US coming from the UK. Then he visited me a few months later, a couple more of those then I decided to go to the US for the maximum I was allowed, 3 months. Was a good time, went back home a month, then went back to the US for another 3 months. Then realized we can’t just keep doing that, so got married. We have been for nearly 8 years now and have a 5 yr old. :D

Kiki

Postby Philip Graff » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:19 pm

MC Gugger 1994 wrote:On the other hand, take a chance let em visit, try to have fun. Could be great could be worth changing life plans for? No way to know if you don't try. Likely worst thing that happens is you learn it doesn't work out and you move on. That's not so bad.

Very true. He has mentioned he doesn't like London so maybe he'll like it here more?

Jerry Lundegaard wrote:
Philip Graff wrote:

might be worth it to communicate these fears, dunno if you have already but

Yes, I'm thinking this conversation will have to happen soon. Especially as UK starts moving out of lockdown and Canada is getting further in

It actually feels pretty good to get this all off my chest. I think with covid going on all my feelings about everything are being compounded/exaggerated.
Last edited by Philip Graff on Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Philip Graff

Postby Philip Graff » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:22 pm

Kiki wrote:I started talking to someone online for 11 months before we decided to meet. I decided to go meet him in the US coming from the UK. Then he visited me a few months later, a couple more of those then I decided to go to the US for the maximum I was allowed, 3 months. Was a good time, went back home a month, then went back to the US for another 3 months. Then realized we can’t just keep doing that, so got married. We have been for nearly 8 years now and have a 5 yr old. :D

I love this.
Philip Graff

Postby joeylevels » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:22 pm

Kiki wrote:I started talking to someone online for 11 months before we decided to meet. I decided to go meet him in the US coming from the UK. Then he visited me a few months later, a couple more of those then I decided to go to the US for the maximum I was allowed, 3 months. Was a good time, went back home a month, then went back to the US for another 3 months. Then realized we can’t just keep doing that, so got married. We have been for nearly 8 years now and have a 5 yr old. :D

I'd just like to say, "awww."
-----------------------
make your own hot sauce

joeylevels

Postby Fine Wine » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:30 pm

Yeah that kiki story slays and I now believe in love

Fine Wine

Postby Milk » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:34 pm

I've been in three and i wouldn't recommend them. I just have always intensely struggled to find people i seem compatible with nearby. Then again maybe we were not compatible since it always fails. Also, one started local but then she moved to toronto to study.

Of course it help if either of you, or both, is in a good enough situation the prospect of living together, or anyway, in the same city/town, is a possibility.
I must insist on being a pessimist, I'm a loner in a catastrophic mind

Milk

Postby ahalfhourago » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:45 pm

I always think I have to travel so far away from here to meet a potential date, but actually often times they happen locally and I’m just like yaaaaayyy!

ahalfhourago

Postby Kiki » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:46 pm

I forgot to say, we didn’t meet on a dating site though. I just joined a forum and like a week in someone made a thread about a tinychat so I took a look cause why not. And there was this kinda nerdy wiseacre crackin silly jokes and apparently he’s been banned from the forum. The name of that forum? ...Hipinion.

Kiki

Postby 31Geeeeeeee » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:47 pm

Kiki wrote:I forgot to say, we didn’t meet on a dating site though. I just joined a forum and like a week in someone made a thread about a tinychat so I took a look cause why not. And there was this kinda nerdy wiseacre crackin silly jokes and apparently he’s been banned from the forum. The name of that forum? ...Hipinion.

you married doomedhuh
31Geeeeeeee

Next

Return to Poster's Paradise