another asking for money thread

Let's talk hats

Postby virile » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:33 am

Just wanted to throw out a quick update.

Been a busy couple days. Got a new bank account on the advice of the insolvency guy and got all the paperwork together and submitted for EI for medical leave and I got an appointment booked through work for a psych visit on the 1st. Thanks to all you wonderful people I'm going to make rent and Buster's gonna get his pills and I've been feeling less stress than I have in I can't even remember how long I'd almost forgotten what it felt like. I'm going to send out another round of thank yous to who I can recognize today and to all of you who are ostensibly anonymous donors just know I think you're beautiful.. and you got a great butt and everyone knows it and you should flaunt it cos that butt just won't quit.
mercenaries of slime wrote:or i can just post what i want

virile

Postby kid8 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:44 pm

i think i did it wrong. just look at those dates. :evil:
Platano Macho.

kid8
killer

Postby kid8 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:28 am

Today's the day! And I realize now that I wasted all this time transferring funds. Sorry for the delay!
Platano Macho.

kid8
killer

Postby wintergreen » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:45 pm

that was very generous, kid8.

wintergreen

Postby Chyet » Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:25 am

kid8 wrote:i think i did it wrong. just look at those dates. :evil:

:jack:
scrambled my password
Chyet

Postby Rudolfo Baronovski » Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:50 am

:v did you notice that quarter I sent you is from 1969?
❤️ 1 😆 1.2k 🤪 3.7M

Rudolfo Baronovski
Site Admin

Postby Chyet » Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:56 pm

how are things virile
scrambled my password
Chyet

Postby virile » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:01 am

hey chet and everybody else i'm doin okay! i stayed in bed all day with a molly hangover and now i'm up and about and feelin allllright!

overall pretty good too i think better than i've been in awhile. like i'm not feeling immediate dread all the time which is nice. big week coming up this week the trustee guy is sending out my consumer proposal so that should hopefully all go smoothly as he says and i'll be officially in less stress world. had my first appointment with the psych consult on thursday and it felt good to like unload some stuff even though it wasn't like an actual.. whatever therapy thing? it was like just an intake so she could refer me it still felt good to talk a bit and she is a psychiatrist in her main gig so she like actually had some helpful stuff it wasn't like she was just taking all my information down. anyway she's doing a follow up this week on thursday and hopefully i'll get to talk to someone for real i've never really done that before but after talking to that lady a bit i feel like it could really help. she already gave me a couple resources to reach out to as well.

i'm supposed to start back at work this week and tomorrow is the big day but i'm still not feeling it yet i just gotta hope i can get another doctors note for a further extension. i've got enough vacation days banked that i can think i can hold off until i get that next appointment and hopefully that should get me a note with a bit more time off cos honestly not thinking about work the last week was just an unbelievable weight off. but even if i don't i'm in a better place anyway so i'm not as worried about going off on some dick customer as i was a week ago.

and obviously money stresses were a huge weight off too. buster got his vet bill paid. my landlord is very happy that i'm now caught up and the insolvency stuff should go through this week so that should freeze my account and credit cards and i've already got the new one set up so i'm expecting a smooth transition there! just a matter now of doing all the dumb work of getting bills and stuff switched over since i won't have a credit card soon! and since all those things should go away i won't have to worry about mid-month bills and can then i can have rent and everything more than covered for next month and i can actually start saving instead of constantly treadmilling!

but yeah short answer i'm okay! and this week should make things lots better! thanks for asking you beautiful son of a bitch <3

virile

Postby virile » Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:21 pm

Well I guess it has been awhile since I posted an update so here goes! Just looked at the timestamp and it's been a month.. wild. Long month.

So I've mostly pretty much settled everything up. Everything went okay with the consumer proposal and now I don't have credit cards or a dumb loan hanging over my head. I've cut my monthly bills way down from just churning out interest payments basically so that feels great. Now assuming I can keep up payments for the next 60 months (and I have the option to pay it down in the meantime) I will be completely debt-free! I've gone from like 8-900 a month down to 200 and it just feels good man! The dude wasn't kidding either, my bank shut down my account within like 2 days of me signing the proposal. AMEX cancelled me right away. Anyway, back to living on cash is gonna be much better for me. I think I'll be a lot better with tangible money in my hands. But yeah, financially I'm feeling alright. Rent is paid, Buster has a brand new big bag of food and even had a few bucks in my wallet to spoil him on his birthday last Sunday.

I ended up getting canned from work, and I'm super okay with it. My only regret is that I didn't get to partake in the great resignation thread. From what I've been able to glean from one of my inside sources is they basically already had the papers signed before I even got back from leave. It really was such a dogshit company I'm not surprised. When I was a supervisor I got a first hand glimpse into how they want to get rid of certain people with extended seniority (apparently after 5 years, and 10 years respectively it becomes increasingly difficult to fire someone without some egregious violation and not have to pay severance) so knowing that this month would've been my 5 years it is no surprise they were happy to get rid of me. I had to keep getting a new doctor's note and there was a 2 day gap in there where I was still waiting for a follow up appointment and keeping them completely in the loop and I'm assuming that's when they filed all their paperwork. SO, no more working there. Blessing in disguise to be honest. That was probably an even bigger stressor than the money stuff. I don't think I could listen to one more whiny bitch complaining about their fucking 12k dollar fridges and shit. I started a new gig on the 25th, pays slightly better (like a dollar extra an hr? and if you work 40 hours you actually get paid for 40 hours not like the 35 you'd get at the old place so that'll be nice) the only downside is it is a bit of a hike on the edge of town. It's overnight which I don't actually mind too much, but the best part is it no customers. Just a few of us in a room all night getting shit done. I'm sure the novelty will wear off soon enough but right now it is cool. I'm doing cash processing for a security company so like all night I sit in a room with like 30-50 million bucks and we process like ATM returns and then send out new cash to banks. Not terribly exciting but it is chill and there are lots of guns and barbed wire so it feels pretty safe! It's just "casual" hours for now.. but I'm doing full 40hrs for my first two weeks and the guy who hired me said if I've got the availability he can pretty much guarantee 40 a week so I'm pretty pumped about that.

Still some other stuff I gotta work on in the meantime, but yeah.. feeling okay! Nothing really panned out yet with the psych referrals. I'm still on a waiting list (for who knows how long) but other than that my only real option left to me was check into an ER psych dept for a referral but it's not like I can just take 3 days off and I'm assuming they won't let me bring the dog so gonna just go on and hope the wait list works out.

So, I think that just about covers it! I just wanted to again say thank you to everyone here who helped me out, and reached out with messages and everything you people do to foster this community. I truly don't know what would've happened this last month without all of you. Maybe my landlord would've let me slide another month or two, but it's not like I'd have ever caught up without the help. For everyone to come together like this (and the other stickies wendy and cherry and pooples and everyone else who needs help from time to time) and literally rescue one another it's just a beautiful ray of light in an otherwise dark as fuck world. I'm pretty sure I'm out of the woods for now. With good budgeting I think I'm gonna be able to dust myself off and get all this behind me. So, mods if you wanna take this sticky down* we can go ahead and call this thread a success.

(*I'm still poor so if you ever feel a burning need to send somebody some money you're welcome to keep my paypal on hand. It will never not be appreciated!)

virile

Postby Althea » Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:33 pm

Makes me really happy that you're doing better virile!
The cosmos, sorry (she/her)

Althea

Postby virile » Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:58 pm

Thanks Althea! (And double thanks for all the questions you answered re: the insolvency!!)

virile

Postby port » Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:08 pm

That’s all great to read, virile! Glad things are looking up for you.

port

Postby virile » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:33 am

thanks port! (and don't you worry i budgeted my weed too!)

virile

Postby wintergreen » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:12 am

glad things are looking up, virile! that's great news about the debt resolution!

wintergreen

Postby CHUNT » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:50 pm

Yeet that's fantastic news. Onto the future!
Tom Waits for no man

CHUNT

Postby tricky » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:53 pm

I’m glad you and Buster are doing well, man.
Haha, I tricked you to death.

tricky

Postby virile » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:35 pm

tricky <3<3<3<3<3<3 don't be a stranger around here you total nard :)

i hate that i gotta do a bump here but it's been a rough month. been keeping things real tight on my end but had some unplanned bills this month (vet/new food and one of the last payments on an old dental bill) and some uneven hours at my new gig (for example my last paycheck had 26 hours between 2 weeks YIKES) and it's gotta me pretty strapped but overall in a much better situation than before. the last few weeks have been ramping back up fortunately (i'm already looking at 60hours and 1 or 2 stat days on there i dunno if my company is gonna pay us for that new holiday or not yet) and looks like i'm full on hours for next week too so hoping it stays tight. also i found out they're putting up a couple more FT positions and if i snag one of those i make a 2 dollar bump and guaranteed hours so everybody if you could add virile gets full time to your vision boards that'd be sick as hell.
anyway to the gross part. like i said i'm in a much better spot than before so i really don't need much just a bit to get me over the hump (since i'm late on oct. rent most of this paycheck is going to rent.. again my landlord has been unbelievably patient. endlessly thankful for this dude) basically just need to make sure i can get to work the next few weeks until i'm stabilized again. so yeah, if you can send something that'd be amazing but if you're in anyway hesitant or if you do wanna give please consider any of the other threads stickied up here they are way higher priority than this but if you still wanna donate it'll definitely be put to good use getting me to my dumb job (or if you're port i'd happily spend it on weed.. just for you)

anyway that's all i gotta say. please stop reading this now. i want to hug you. click submit.

virile

Postby Althea » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:59 pm

<3

Althea

Postby virile » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:06 pm

althea <3 if that was you thank you so much you just saved me around 2 hours getting to work tonight <3<3

virile

Postby virile » Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:49 am

Once again thanks to the folks that stepped up, I'm forever grateful. I was hoping to have some good news last week but I still don't know for sure if I got the FT position, but indicators are good! There were 2 positions they posted and they both expired 10/28 but I haven't heard anything yet from my boss boss, but my other boss says she is like 95% sure I got one of them. They FINALLY took the postings down off the bulletin board today, but I still haven't heard. I'm really hoping when I see my schedule tomorrow it'll be the full time hours, we'll see! Either way the hours are flowing again so I'm working almost full time hours anyway in the meantime. And I get to grab some OT this weekend cos our Montreal branch is shitting the bed. SOOO! Nutshell is I think I'm good. I get paid this Friday and I'm finally in a position where it won't all immediately go to other stuff so yeah. You guys helped me do this. I am officially not a scrub and I'm now working in one of the best jobs I've had (both money and how easy/enjoyable it is) so yeah.. thanks thanks thanks! Nathan if you'd unsticky this we can have one less charity thread and I can be out of the way of the other folks who need help.

And again whether you donated or not, or who gave me advice/help through this. Thank you so damn much. <3<3<3.

Virile employed.

A part of me feels like I'm jinxing it but it is just based off seniority but I was like 8th on the list but only 2 of those were nights and I don't think the other two even applied. Ugh wish they'd just say something!

virile

Postby Chyet » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:29 pm

i'm really glad to hear this

make sure to splurge a little once you get that ot
scrambled my password
Chyet

Postby virile » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:00 am

Ooooweee they finally posted it I got the gig what what! Very pleased right now thanks again yall!

virile

Postby Shotfrog » Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:42 am

Nice!

Shotfrog

Postby Althea » Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:34 am

Yes!! Congratulations!

Althea

Postby Rudolfo Baronovski » Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:37 am

🙂
❤️ 1 😆 1.2k 🤪 3.7M

Rudolfo Baronovski
Site Admin

Postby BlackSugar » Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:54 am

great news v
I come like a thousand doves

BlackSugar
COMING SOON

Postby John Dark » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:55 am

viir-rle!
viir-rle!
viir-rle!
Now here is the lake. And I still haven't changed.

John Dark

Postby sconies » Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:06 am

:D
yowsah.

sconies

Postby Real Real Real » Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:32 am

my favorite av on the board

Real Real Real

Postby kid8 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:27 am

Great news, Virile! Proud of you!
Platano Macho.

kid8