another asking for money thread

Let's talk Aguachile Alley

Postby virile » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:04 pm

I'll try and keep this as short and straight to the point as possible.

The Bad: I haven't been able to work this week and my paycheck coming up won't cover my rent. I'm flat ass broke and am basically looking at half a paycheck coming up and the prospects aren't looking great on my next one either. Anyway, I'm going to be short on rent, food, Buster's vet plan & flea/heartworm pill and an internet bill and that's why I need money.

How We Got Here: I'm an asshole with money. I make barely above minimum wage and I think I can afford living on my own with a dog. Which I maybe, but not if I ever want to spend another dollar on anything else, which I do! I buy dumb shit like books and spend more on groceries than I could and I shouldn't spend any money on weed, but here we are it's my only coping mechanism (at least for now, weed doesn't last forever kids and we're about to be on a forced t-break real soon.) So, stuff gets put on credit cards and there are lofty plans to pay them off that never seem to materialize. So where I'm at now is between credit cards/medical (dental) bills I'm paying just under $1000/month for minimums and monthly payments and whatever. So, I guess technically some of that debt is going down but then there's nothing left for food/dog/whatever so it just gets put back on the card. Neverending shit that everyone knows about and I got caught up with anyway. Grade A Moron here. You'd think I'd have learned a lesson when this pandemic started but apparently I'm not that bright.

The Good: I put through an EI request today for medical leave, which should go through I think? Don't know how long any of that is going to take though. At least if it does go through I'll have some time to really focus on moving forward, whether that's getting a new job or putting myself on some path to a better one I don't know. Obviously I'd like a better one! I also talked to an insolvency trustee about what I can do to clear my debts. I'm going to go in to discuss it a bit further, but it seems like I can basically get my debts down to like around $200/month without declaring bankruptcy, which to be honest, I don't even care about bankruptcy. He did explain this option was better though, and less hassle in the long run and creditors are happy to take a small percentage of what they're owed if it means avoiding bankruptcy where they'd get nothing. So that was pretty encouraging and if that works out could actually get me into a place where I could save some money maybe, or at least not be so stressed all the time about it.

Anyway, just know I hate that I'm about to hit submit on this, but I don't really have any family or friends to turn to, and you guys are really the only community I'm part of. I'm self-aware enough to know I'm not the most popular but maybe I've accumulated a little goodwill so here goes. Also, whether or not you can help just know that I appreciate you're even reading this and maybe even caring a little bit and no matter what I love you guys.

TLDR:

I only have paypal sporadicgerontology@gmail.com

(If you can help and you would like a handwritten note of thanks that is something I would like to give to you, PM me your address and I will write a note and send it to you!)
mercenaries of slime wrote:or i can just post what i want

virile

Postby Marza » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:46 pm

if bankruptcy is on the cards then i feel like we should make clear how much you need to pay for immediate living expenses and hold off on anything else that may just be going to doomed credit card loans until you get more information.

i am not an accountant (canadian) but that's just my gut

Marza

Postby mcwop23 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:54 pm

at least canadian money goes further
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die

mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks

Postby virile » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:04 pm

hey marza! the guy i spoke to today said i could avoid bankruptcy by going with a consumer proposal which as was explained to me is basically sending a letter to the creditors with an offer of around 30% of the value. he says usually the credit card companies just accept the offer since the other option is getting nothing through bankruptcy. so that's what i'm going to go with i think. i just handled both my last credit card payments on the 15th & 20th respectively so i should have enough time i think to get all this going before those payments come due again. he just said i have to set up a new bank account at a different bank because as soon as he sends the letter to the creditors the bank freezes all your accounts but they can't obviously freeze the account of another bank. so if that works out in time hopefully nothing else goes to credit cards. and if that works i'd basically be paying the trustee like $200/mth over 5 years instead of like almost a grand a month forever.

so basically all cards on the table here's my finances (yes i am an idiot! thank you!)
i'm overdrawn 480
i'm expecting around $600? maybe on this paycheck.
rent 700 (plus another 450 that has been rolling over for the last two months fortunately my landlord is extremely chill)
internet 100 (the upstairs neighbours split this so 80 gets kicked back to me, but it autopays off my creditcard)
buster vet 200

and then i don't have bills til the middle of the month so hopefully by then i am sorted out and that stuff is taken care of. i don't really know how long the insolvency thing takes but i'm talking to the guy again tomorrow so should have more info.

virile

Postby virile » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:07 pm

also for those of you who have already sent something i am incredibly grateful. i didn't expect such generosity so quickly. while i may be a notorious dipshit i am at least self-aware enough to know i'm not the most popular guy around here and the fact that you would help out a stranger nobody you've never met is just bringing tears to my eyes.

a couple people made themselves known in the message but i don't know who you all were if you want to pm me i would be happy to word diarrhea a thanks to every one of you. i am so overwhelmed right now.

virile

Postby sassafras socks » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:10 pm

virile wrote:I also talked to an insolvency trustee about what I can do to clear my debts. I'm going to go in to discuss it a bit further, but it seems like I can basically get my debts down to like around $200/month without declaring bankruptcy, which to be honest, I don't even care about bankruptcy. He did explain this option was better though, and less hassle in the long run and creditors are happy to take a small percentage of what they're owed if it means avoiding bankruptcy where they'd get nothing. So that was pretty encouraging and if that works out could actually get me into a place where I could save some money maybe, or at least not be so stressed all the time about it.

This and your follow-up post are very much relevant to my strongly-considering-bankruptcy interests, so thank you for sharing the info.
sassafras socks

Postby nice pass » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:15 pm

love u virile

nice pass
ok

Postby Locke » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:15 pm

virile if i had any money at all i'd give you some. i'm a big failure and it sounds like you're getting your shit together. i have my rent for next month set aside and that's basically it. i hope things get better man

Locke

Postby vhg » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:35 pm

I hope things pick up for ya soon, glad it sounds like folks are sending you some cash

bump
Bought this at the mall I'm gonna wear this at the mall.
vhg

Postby wintergreen » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:42 am

i sent money to virile and you should too.

wintergreen

Postby virile » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:48 am

I sent out a few thank yous to people who I could figure out who they are from their emails or notes or whatever but if you want to send me something privately I would love to thank everyone else who has sent something. I am truly humbled by the generosity of you all and overcome with emotion. I haven't felt this kind of warmth in a long time and it's entirely because of this community. I'm going to walk the dog and look at the sky and cry a little bit and then I'm going to bed with a lot less stress than I've had in years. Thank you.

virile

Postby Fool » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:07 am

I've sent you a little something. I've always found you a super funny and comforting presence here. Hope it gets better for you soon.

Fool

Postby delgriffith » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:02 am

hope things get better for you soon virile <3

delgriffith

Postby wintergreen » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:13 pm

bump

wintergreen

Postby boloamboy » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:23 pm

what kinda bank lets you overdraw by 480
boloamboy

Postby boloamboy » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:33 pm

good luck to you. i recall how humiliated ive felt just asking friends and family for small amounts of money. feeling like you need to outline your whole situation to strangers online to justify your begging seems like a truly horrible spot to be in.
boloamboy

Postby kid8 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:37 pm

love you, bro. i'll send a hundred dollars just as soon as this check clears.
we hardley knew thee.

kid8
killer

Postby kitten with a whip » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:40 pm

hope things pick up friend. sent a lil bit.

kitten with a whip

Postby kid8 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:42 pm

and i'll take my 'thank you' letter publicly.

just make sure it clears first.
we hardley knew thee.

kid8
killer

Postby virile » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:01 pm

boloamboy wrote:what kinda bank lets you overdraw by 480

the bank of montreal

virile

Postby virile » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:03 pm

I feel like I can't say thanks enough times to you wonderful beautiful people.

virile

Postby sassafras socks » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:35 pm

I’ve been like 800 overdrawn on my Chase acct before; was a really shitty time, financially, and I had figured out a way to venmo myself money that didn’t exist in order to get by for a couple weeks and then pay back the overdrawn amount down the road. Also managed to use a bank fee reversal service (cushion.ai) to clear out most of the overdraft fees Chase was trying to stock me with, lol
sassafras socks

Postby rixx » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:41 pm

sassafras socks wrote:

I’ve been like 800 overdrawn on my Chase acct before; was a really shitty time, financially, and I had figured out a way to venmo myself money that didn’t exist in order to get by for a couple weeks and then pay back the overdrawn amount down the road. Also managed to use a bank fee reversal service (cushion.ai) to clear out most of the overdraft fees Chase was trying to stock me with, lol

Lol I know this trick with Venmo, I used it a couple times when I was at my financial worst in like 2015-2016. Venmo actually banned me for it, so in the past 5+ years I’ve had so many awkward conversations with people, ie “Just Venmo me!” Or “I’ll send it to you on Venmo!” And I don’t want to reveal that I’m Venmobanned, so I say “Oh I don’t really use that app...can you pay me via PayPal or Zelle?” Most of the time people it ends there, but there’s always the occasional person who is like “What’s Zelle? Can’t you just download Venmo?”

rixx

Postby sassafras socks » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:49 pm

You and I, rixx, we’re kindred spirits
sassafras socks

Postby rixx » Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:18 pm

sassafras socks wrote:You and I, rixx, we’re kindred spirits

agreed 8-) 8-)

rixx

Postby port » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:42 pm

Virile!!! I send you good luck and love and a little cold hard cash!

port

Postby Althea » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:15 am

<3 sent you a little bit, I hope things get better for you soon.

Althea

Postby cartola » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:52 am

all the banks unfortunately

they just stack overdraft fees too

cartola

Postby kid8 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:11 pm

bro, it says i first have to transfer money into my paypal account, in order to send money out of it. is that true? am i doing something wrong? I thought it was gonna withdrawl from my checking accnt. anyway it's gonna take 3-5 business days it says.
we hardley knew thee.

kid8
killer

Postby virile » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:33 am

Just wanted to throw out a quick update.

Been a busy couple days. Got a new bank account on the advice of the insolvency guy and got all the paperwork together and submitted for EI for medical leave and I got an appointment booked through work for a psych visit on the 1st. Thanks to all you wonderful people I'm going to make rent and Buster's gonna get his pills and I've been feeling less stress than I have in I can't even remember how long I'd almost forgotten what it felt like. I'm going to send out another round of thank yous to who I can recognize today and to all of you who are ostensibly anonymous donors just know I think you're beautiful.. and you got a great butt and everyone knows it and you should flaunt it cos that butt just won't quit.

virile

Next

Return to Aguachile Alley