he scattered their bodies across the ocean
the people with podcasts had such devotion
the wheels of promotion, were set into motion

but the fun just starts when you shop online
I'll buy a case if you've got the time
the mugshot talks all about their crime
I think I'll have another glass of Murderers Wine

jesus christ
alaska1 wrote:I always look to something new amazing for more pleasure.

New Improved Alaska

Postby delgriffith » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:38 pm

Ye Olde Alafka wrote:
easy wrote:they were killed by a man with a violent notion

jesus christ

oh my god

delgriffith

Postby delgriffith » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:39 pm

delgriffith wrote:Image

what the fuck

https://www.honestwinereviews.com/snoop-dogg-19-crimes-cali-red-review

Image wrote:Overall Opinion of Snoop Dogg 19 Crimes Cali Red

Overall, I found this red blend wine to be enjoyable and especially liked the above-mentioned, one two punch with each sip.

Good job 19 Crimes!

Oh and Snoop, if you’re reading this, hit me up on my Insta (honestwinereviews) and let me know what you thought of my review!

Snoop Dogg 19 Crimes Cali Red price $11.99.

delgriffith

Postby i am rich » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:40 pm

murder was the case (of wine) that they gave me

i am rich

Postby laserblast » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:41 pm

easy wrote:they were killed by a man with a violent notion

:D

laserblast

Postby laserblast » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:41 pm

fuck i should put that on my list for the hipinion 500

laserblast

Postby loaf angel » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:41 pm

Annie May wrote:They should do 19 crimes but make it 46 crimes with US presidents and the war crimes committed under their watch.

https://www.federalistwines.com/federalist-wines
goldsoundz wrote:i'd bang that moron

loaf angel

Postby xxx-xxx-xxxx » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:42 pm

i need a nice smooth wine with some hints and notes and what not when i board
WHITESOXXX-XXX-XXXX

xxx-xxx-xxxx

Postby maraschino cherry » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:45 pm

delgriffith wrote:
delgriffith wrote:Image

what the fuck

https://www.honestwinereviews.com/snoop-dogg-19-crimes-cali-red-review

Image wrote:Overall Opinion of Snoop Dogg 19 Crimes Cali Red

Overall, I found this red blend wine to be enjoyable and especially liked the above-mentioned, one two punch with each sip.

Good job 19 Crimes!

Oh and Snoop, if you’re reading this, hit me up on my Insta (honestwinereviews) and let me know what you thought of my review!

Snoop Dogg 19 Crimes Cali Red price $11.99.

;_; no you freakin didn’t, del

maraschino cherry

Postby Annie May » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:46 pm

I can't wait until it's 2025 and they have serial killer wine and when i scan the qr code a hologram of john wayne gacy pops up and talks about the murders he did to my party guests
I forgot all my songs
The words now are wrong

Annie May

Postby delgriffith » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:46 pm

anyway i had the opportunity to work on a true crime doc series this fall (although they're explicitly pitching it as anti-true crime... it's definitely a true crime series) and i turned it down for a few reasons but one of them is definitely a distaste for the genre which has only grown over time...

this is a long read and covers more than just 'true crime' but i think people here would dig this excellent essay by Brett Story:

it's part of a series of essays, they're all really fascinating and dig into the intersection between 'documentary' and 'storytelling' in a way that i'm pretty much always thinking about at some level lol

delgriffith

Postby Corpsegore » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:47 pm

Ghost of Spartacus wrote:
light rail coyote wrote:
Ye Olde Alafka wrote:Just remembered "s town"...Random!

it's so cool how you can justify what would otherwise be seen as tabloid exploitation as long as you do it in soft tones with twee production values and use the word "storytelling" a lot in press materials

now there's a take.

here's a take of my own: it is the greatest podcast of all time, hands down.

It seemed exploitative to me. Delving deeply into the personal aspects of John’s life that maybe he wouldn’t want to be a part of a podcast after he was dead and had no say.

Corpsegore

Postby woozy ducks » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:59 pm

delgriffith wrote:anyway i had the opportunity to work on a true crime doc series this fall (although they're explicitly pitching it as anti-true crime... it's definitely a true crime series) and i turned it down for a few reasons but one of them is definitely a distaste for the genre which has only grown over time...

this is a long read and covers more than just 'true crime' but i think people here would dig this excellent essay by Brett Story:

it's part of a series of essays, they're all really fascinating and dig into the intersection between 'documentary' and 'storytelling' in a way that i'm pretty much always thinking about at some level lol

along these lines check out the current film The Alpinist

think Free Solo if honnold had diedToggle Spoiler

like, the producers are making money off this, i feel like it should be given back in some way to an org or cause

woozy ducks

Postby clouds » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:01 pm

honnold may be a true crime case himself one day

I had to do a lot of blocking and "see less posts like this" on ig when I saw he impregnated that stalker he doesn't love. dark stuff

clouds

Postby Skerple » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:07 pm

wait she was a stalker?
Not Recommended
The Development team made one crucial error. They entered into the game an automatic sentry gun called a "Puckle."

Skerple

Postby jefe górgory » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:10 pm

buh..?
in the process of making 100k off serie a fan tokens by socios

jefe górgory

Postby clouds » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:11 pm

Im exaggerating she went to his books signing only to ask him out when she didn't know much about him

I'm not exaggerating in that he doesn't love her and clearly didn't want kids and it's all very weird

clouds

Postby clouds » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:13 pm

From the movie "she's small and cute good to have in the van because she doesn't take up much space"

"started getting hurt after her"

"Your weird if you care that people you love die"

then the tiny fridge in the vegas mcmansion she made them get lol

that dude did not want a big house, or a wife & kids. it's the weirdest story.

clouds

Postby Ted Pikul » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:14 pm

remembered one more take:
israel keyes didn't kill more than 3 people
loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

"I bought a new garden hose mk 2"

Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby auspice » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:16 pm

clouds wrote:
Shotfrog wrote:Not that a lot of the observations itt aren't true, but "why are people interested in this interesting thing" is never a very fun conversational road to go down. It's like people who tweet about "sportsball" during the Super Bowl.

yeah as someone who follows true crime shit it's kind of lame hearing the various reasons one shouldn't be interested in it or interested in certain cases but it's very common (not saying that's what's going on here)

like how many books and plays and songs and art in general are about murder. it's obviously something people are interested in. like I'm sure more women were murdered in whitechapel in the late 1800s but we remember the ripper murders

one time me and my gf and her best friend & her now ex were hanging out and 3 of us stared talking about a murder documentary we had all watched and he interrupts loudly to say "YEAH IM NOT REALLY INTO TRUE CRIME SO...." and then something vague about it being unethical or some such

and we all just went silent. it was the second time I'd met this doofus. the first time he talked about star trek the entire night, which none of us are into, and we all just smiled and nodded. but he felt comfortable saying that about the murder doc because he was implying something was wrong with us or we are exploitative for being interested. so much so he felt comfortable interrupting and stopping a conversation 75% of the party was engaged in

my dad kind of does the same thing to my mom who is interested in true crime. it's a very common moralizing thing it's weird.

I felt compelled to make the thread because I honestly can't remember seeing a missing girl get this much attention since Elizabeth Smart, and the media coverage of that kidnapping did spur on conversation about why the media never talks about missing POC kids, which then led to what is still probably my favorite Chappelle bit of all time.

Obviously I feel really bad for the victim, it sounds like she found herself in an abusive situation on the road and felt trapped without knowing what to do. Definitely scary to imagine being in her position. I probably shouldn't have made the Tostitos joke in the thread name but I've made my bed.
Joker wrote:"I'm pooping and peeing and I love it!"

- Poop & Pee Magazine

auspice

Postby Ghost of Spartacus » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:17 pm

Corpsegore wrote:
Ghost of Spartacus wrote:
light rail coyote wrote:
Ye Olde Alafka wrote:Just remembered "s town"...Random!

it's so cool how you can justify what would otherwise be seen as tabloid exploitation as long as you do it in soft tones with twee production values and use the word "storytelling" a lot in press materials

now there's a take.

here's a take of my own: it is the greatest podcast of all time, hands down.

It seemed exploitative to me. Delving deeply into the personal aspects of John’s life that maybe he wouldn’t want to be a part of a podcast after he was dead and had no say.

I understand the criticisms. I’m of the mindset that he knew his life was being reported on — he even sought out the reporter (with a ruse) — he knew it was all being recorded, none of it was off the record, he did appear to understand he would have an audience (his life was in many ways a performance) and the series produced about him was deeply affectionate, respectful and ultimately it amplified his magnificent legacy. that legacy has probably made others’ lives better — I honestly can’t see how it wouldn’t have had that effect. that series made me want to be a better person and a better friend. it really made me want to cherish my life and the world and people around me

outing him is something I may not put proper weight into. I would be curious to hear more of y’all’s thoughts about that. I’m generally (and genuinely) open to hearing why you think I should reevaluate

Ghost of Spartacus

Postby auspice » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:26 pm

clouds wrote:my dad will drop "I don't know how you watch that/read that stuff it's sick " to my mom and I honestly don't think he realizes that's a dick thing to say

I got this kind of thing hurled at me all throughout my childhood for liking horror stuff, then once I was in college and would come home for breaks my mom/stepdad were never not marathoning ID shows. will take any Saw movie over that garbage any day

- Poop & Pee Magazine

auspice

Postby sympathy » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:26 pm

If you are dumb enough to die you deserve everything that happens to you afterwards

sympathy
ok

Postby 1v1 x gvgger » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:27 pm

is it too soon to do a murder on this tostitos salsa con queso dip I bought this weekend?

1v1 x gvgger

Postby jefe górgory » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:27 pm

Let’s talk Kafka… what his friends did: fucked up or nah

jefe górgory

Postby jefe górgory » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:29 pm

Do you think Sacco and Vanzetti could garner the same sympathy today? Have Italians dug themselves too deep a hole?

jefe górgory

Postby auspice » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:30 pm

clouds wrote:there's an old preacher here that helped his son kill his gf in the 80s and they got away with it and they harassed the son while he ate a burger down the street from my house on the ID show "Killer Unknown" it was pretty compelling

just fascinating that murderers eat burgers for lunch like everyone else

he's an it guy. I don't think they've made any arrests still.

yeah it's wild to me that anyone takes Brock Pierce seriously and acts like he's just a normal Crypto bro given what he was up to in the dot.com era

- Poop & Pee Magazine

auspice

Postby Skerple » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:31 pm

clouds wrote:Im exaggerating she went to his books signing only to ask him out when she didn't know much about him

I'm not exaggerating in that he doesn't love her and clearly didn't want kids and it's all very weird

I mean compared to most people he seems pretty well-equipped to just not do stuff he doesn't want to do so maybe he likes it
Not Recommended
The Development team made one crucial error. They entered into the game an automatic sentry gun called a "Puckle."

Skerple

Postby delgriffith » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:35 pm

grim

delgriffith

Postby clouds » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:35 pm

Idk I used to work with a guy that hated wives and children but had 2 of 1 and several of the other

people love to do stuff they hate

clouds

PreviousNext

Return to The Hot Zone