why is this gabby petito story everywhere

Let's talk Aguachile Alley

Postby polybius » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:00 am

light rail coyote wrote:those netflix truecrime documentaries gotta be outlawed at some point huh

probably

a number of them do feel pretty exploitative
Image      Image Image Image Image

polybius

Postby clouds » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:01 am

there's an old preacher here that helped his son kill his gf in the 80s and they got away with it and they harassed the son while he ate a burger down the street from my house on the ID show "Killer Unknown" it was pretty compelling

just fascinating that murderers eat burgers for lunch like everyone else

he's an it guy. I don't think they've made any arrests still.
Last edited by clouds on Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

clouds

Postby light rail coyote » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:01 am

polybius wrote:
light rail coyote wrote:those netflix truecrime documentaries gotta be outlawed at some point huh

probably

i haven't watched that many of them but i've yet to see one that wasn't

light rail coyote

Postby jefe górgory » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:04 am

light rail coyote wrote:
polybius wrote:

probably

They’re all just like “doesn’t seem like this person did it? Well, what if we told you they’re poor and also what their IQ is”
in the process of making 100k off serie a fan tokens by socios

jefe górgory

Postby clouds » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:04 am

I will at least admit I follow this stuff for no good altruistic reason unlike those commenting on the crime board I'm following this case on who said that rainbow at gabbys murder site was the spirit of caylee anthony protecting her

clouds

Postby razzle » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:05 am

light rail coyote wrote:
polybius wrote:

probably

Yeah I stopped watching these midway thru a couple episodes of making a murderer but I heard they were really tough on one of the guys at the hotel in LA where the lady strangely died. They are going to have a Jenny Jones situation soon (which there is also a netflix doc about)
At least we have

razzle
ok

Postby alaska » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:05 am

clouds wrote:I will at least admit I follow this stuff for no good altruistic reason unlike those commenting on the crime board I'm following this case on who said that rainbow at gabbys murder site was the spirit of caylee anthony protecting her

Man
On Hipinion, posters taxed their bonds and brotherhood, pushing themselves to the brink as a board and as buds.

alaska

Postby Ted Pikul » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:05 am

the 'serious' true crime community has big problems with the netflix docs, yeah. and a lot of podcasts/youtubers that are really exploitive or have been caught plagiarizing
evil olive wrote:Holy shit this is the most Ted Pikul post ever. Just replace your signature now.

Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby alaska » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:05 am

This world really fucks people up huh
On Hipinion, posters taxed their bonds and brotherhood, pushing themselves to the brink as a board and as buds.

alaska

Postby maraschino cherry » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:06 am

jefe górgory wrote:I don’t think I realized that true crime aficionados track the cases during the process but that’s interesting. I sort of thought you were into like idk retrospectively analyzing the bureaucratic history or something but that’s cool too

i won’t speak to like, “the true crime community “ at large because im not into it enough to make definitive statements but at least for me solving the mystery via available details is kind of what it’s about. i would like to abolish the prison system etc but the psychology of it, ppl act in predictable ways when they’re lying, it is usually a person close to the victim, etc is just interesting to me

mostly though i don’t have the stomach to follow the current/unsolved ones. coincidentally my first visit to like true crime reddit, no bullshit, a series of murders like 1.5 hrs away was the first post, there was a cellphone video of a guy that was largely believed to be the one killing all of them, he was initiating these crimes on like a nature trail, and then i closed the tab and felt thoroughly creeped out/scared for like 2 weeks

maraschino cherry

Postby Ghost of Spartacus » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:06 am

getting this thread BACK ON TRACK:

can anyone tell me the LATEST about gabby petito? have they found bryan "french" laundrie? have more youtube video clues been uncovered? if we're gonna talk about this shit, might as well do it right.

Ghost of Spartacus

Postby clouds » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:08 am

also interesting to note those boards (and true crime "fans" in general) are like 90% women and it's almost always some star trek bro or my dad type moralizing about this subject

that's good for a few pages right

clouds

Postby theta » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:09 am

let’s make fun of this woman who was murdered by her boyfriend by changing her last name to a vaguely similar-sounding brand of corn chips. hilarious!
Last edited by theta on Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeremy wrote:If you want a vision of the future, imagine a sarcastic serf - forever.
gothical storm
theta

Postby warmjets » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:09 am

i think this is the only news since body was discovered yesterday

warmjets

Postby polybius » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:09 am

should mention i don't watch any of those documentaries or listen to any Tr00 Crime podcasts at all because yeah, sometimes (let's be real, most of the time) people go about these things with an obscene lack of tact or consideration for the surviving family/loved ones

unfeeling =/= gawking at this person's circumstances either imo
Image      Image Image Image Image

polybius

Postby clouds » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:10 am

Ye Olde Alafka wrote:This world really fucks people up huh

not the it guy murderer and his dad. just eatin a burg on his lunch break in khakis with his ID lanyard around his neck without a care

clouds

Postby light rail coyote » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:10 am

Ted Pikul wrote:the 'serious' true crime community has big problems with the netflix docs, yeah. and a lot of podcasts/youtubers that are really exploitive or have been caught plagiarizing

yeah I listened to the first year or so of my favorite murder but had to stop once "murderinos" became a thing and you'd get live episodes where they'd be like "and he strangled her for 4 hours" and the audience would start cheering

I get the appeal of true crime- we're all fascinated by the darker parts of reality and there's always the "what if this happened to me?" element that seems like a relatively healthy survival instinct- but "true crime fandom" or whatever kind of creeps me out at this point and a lot of what I see from this world is a type of pro-police pop-psychology that just reinforces a lot of trashy tabloid bullshit by giving it this faux news makeover
Last edited by light rail coyote on Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

light rail coyote

Postby Ghost of Spartacus » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:11 am

theta wrote:let’s make fun of this woman who was murdered by her boyfriend by changing her last name to a vaguely similar-sounding brand of corn chips. hilarious!

it's true, the thread title is not funny

some reasonably good dialogue in the thread itself, though

Ghost of Spartacus

Postby Ted Pikul » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:12 am

here are some true crime opinions of mine if anyone is curious
west memphis 3 = guilty
burke = innocent
darlie routier = guilty
joan risch = not murdered
maura murray = died of exposure in the woods
db cooper = didn't exist
evil olive wrote:Holy shit this is the most Ted Pikul post ever. Just replace your signature now.

Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:12 am

seems like a big part of it would be the mystery element too, right? like getting to play sort of armchair detective? i dont follow this stuff cause it's too much for me but i could see that element being a big appeal of it for me
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby Ted Pikul » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:13 am

light rail coyote wrote:
Ted Pikul wrote:the 'serious' true crime community has big problems with the netflix docs, yeah. and a lot of podcasts/youtubers that are really exploitive or have been caught plagiarizing

yeah I listened to the first year or so of my favorite murder but had to stop once "murderinos" became a thing and you'd get live episodes where they'd be like "and he strangled her for 4 hours" and the audience would start cheering

I get the appeal of true crime- we're all fascinated by the darker parts of reality and there's always the "what if this happened to me?" element that seems like a relatively healthy survival instinct- but "true crime fandom" or whatever kind of creeps me out at this point and a lot of what I see from this world is a type of pro-police pop-psychology that just reinforces a lot of trashy tabloid bullshit by giving it this faux news makeover

MFM is the worst. all they do is read wikipedia articles* and get people to cheer for the death penalty

*wikipedia is a really bad source for true crime too. just terrible research all around

Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby clouds » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:14 am

I binge the first 48 when I'm really depressed or fuck up in life because it makes me go "at least I didn't fuck up that bad, my problem is probably fixable"

(sincere)

clouds

Postby maraschino cherry » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:14 am

jefe górgory wrote:They’re all just like “doesn’t seem like this person did it? Well, what if we told you they’re poor and also what their IQ is”

you’re probably joking, or maybe the netflix things really do that, but neither of these details is relevant at all to identifying a murderer

actually yeah the mysterious hotel death one spent a good couple minutes talking about skid row and i was getting really pissed, like all true crime ppl worth a damn know that this is completely pointless and not related to the crime!!!!

maraschino cherry

Postby xxx-xxx-xxxx » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:14 am

imagine someone in your family being murdered and then on top of that you now have to deal with a parasocial relationship with a group of people online when all you want to do is grieve
Award winning author of threads about Ziggy using Preparation H™ as toothpaste, and Jay Leno being burned alive in his car

xxx-xxx-xxxx

Postby jefe górgory » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:16 am

I am joking and yes those don’t have anything to do with whether a person did it or not

jefe górgory

Postby The Priest » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:18 am

xxx-xxx-xxxx wrote:imagine someone in your family being murdered and then on top of that you now have to deal with a parasocial relationship with a group of people online when all you want to do is grieve

I'd imagine most people generally check out of the world at this point, at least for awhile.
Thank you for reading my posts ❤️

The Priest

Postby Ghost of Spartacus » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:18 am

Ted Pikul wrote:here are some true crime opinions of mine if anyone is curious
west memphis 3 = guilty
burke = innocent
darlie routier = guilty
db cooper = didn't exist

adnan: guilty
brendan dassie: present but not guilty of murder

Ghost of Spartacus

Postby Ghost of Spartacus » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:19 am

Ghost of Spartacus wrote:
Ted Pikul wrote:here are some true crime opinions of mine if anyone is curious
west memphis 3 = guilty
burke = innocent
darlie routier = guilty
db cooper = didn't exist

adnan: guilty
brendan dassie: present but not guilty of murder

i should clarify: adnan killed hae min, but the case was not and cannot be proved beyond a reasonable doubt. so, morally guilty, legally not guilty.

Ghost of Spartacus

Postby jefe górgory » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:20 am

Serial was really weird

jefe górgory

Postby jefe górgory » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:22 am

I guess actually my first thought itt really just meant I assumed true crime heads were wonksploitation fans

jefe górgory

PreviousNext

Return to Aguachile Alley