Rank the kids in the hall members

Let's talk hats

Postby virile » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:24 am

30 helens agree with you port
mercenaries of slime wrote:or i can just post what i want

virile

Postby virile » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:25 am

dave jadiski man this cat can swing is a candidate for that thread of phrases that keep repeating in your head or whatever it is
mercenaries of slime wrote:or i can just post what i want

virile

Postby tomspanx » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:09 am

I think I’ve concluded my personal ranking of Kids in terms of their ability to play women—not necessarily hot ladies, but just good at being womanly, according to this woman:

1. Dave: he has the demure attitude and babyface, his voice is spot on. Not as multidisciplined as Mark, but he gives his women characters the most believability and dignity (even in the form of a French Canadian prostitute)
2. Mark: I rewatched the Hôtel La Rut episode last night, and he really embodied womanhood in those sketches. He has a great versatility in the types of women he plays: school aged, middle aged, old age, he’s got it all down pat
3. Bruce: his lil upturned nose is very enviable, he’s very good at playing kooky middle aged women in particular
4. Kevin: despite his naturally high voice I’m not convinced he’s ever really trying to be a woman
5. Scott: looks like Scott with a wig (still love Fran and his Queen impressions)

tomspanx

Postby jalapeño ranch » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:09 pm

tomspanx wrote:
jalapeño ranch wrote:1. Bruce McCulloch
2-4. whoever
5. Kevin McDonald

My grudge is eternal.

What did agent pleakley ever do to you

When I first moved out here I ran into him at Birds and I was like “Hey, Kids in the Hall!” and before I could offer to buy him a drink he goes “Yeah, something like that” and turns his back to me.
Celiac Cruz wrote:This one has no real explanation:

jalapeño ranch

Postby extendedphenotype » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:42 pm

I don’t know the names other than Dave foley
extendedphenotype

Postby extendedphenotype » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:43 pm

Can I watch these online somehow
extendedphenotype

Postby tomspanx » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:06 pm

jalapeño ranch wrote:
tomspanx wrote:
jalapeño ranch wrote:1. Bruce McCulloch
2-4. whoever
5. Kevin McDonald

My grudge is eternal.

What did agent pleakley ever do to you

When I first moved out here I ran into him at Birds and I was like “Hey, Kids in the Hall!” and before I could offer to buy him a drink he goes “Yeah, something like that” and turns his back to me.

For what it’s worth I passed by Scott after seeing him do (super filthy) standup a few years back. In typical comedy fan fashion I said, “great set” and he, in typical Scott fashion, just stared at me. It was a 5 second interaction, but it felt like 5 hours.

tomspanx

Postby VHB » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:22 pm

tomspanx wrote:I think I’ve concluded my personal ranking of Kids in terms of their ability to play women—not necessarily hot ladies, but just good at being womanly, according to this woman:

1. Dave: he has the demure attitude and babyface, his voice is spot on. Not as multidisciplined as Mark, but he gives his women characters the most believability and dignity (even in the form of a French Canadian prostitute)
2. Mark: I rewatched the Hôtel La Rut episode last night, and he really embodied womanhood in those sketches. He has a great versatility in the types of women he plays: school aged, middle aged, old age, he’s got it all down pat
3. Bruce: his lil upturned nose is very enviable, he’s very good at playing kooky middle aged women in particular
4. Kevin: despite his naturally high voice I’m not convinced he’s ever really trying to be a woman
5. Scott: looks like Scott with a wig (still love Fran and his Queen impressions)

being hot definitely isn't a fair rubric because Bruce and Scott were never attempting to play that kind of character (Bruce doing the same sort of weirdos he plays as a man, and Scott continuing the Monty Python pepperpot tradition, all put-upon housewives and mothers and you're never meant to be "fooled" by the drag).

anyway, favorite skits featuring Femme-Mark

galactagogue wrote:i usually just assume no one is into me, it makes it easier to be myself.

Suspension Bridge wrote:Werewolf was the best thing to happen to me in 2015 and that includes my wedding

Kenny wrote:If you can remmeber any conversation with a cashier 30 seconds after you had it you're doing it wrong

VHB
VHS

Postby mybeardhurts » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:51 pm

scott’s fran is maybe my favorite woman character

mybeardhurts

Postby FourLegsGood » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:16 pm

Kevin is a great reactionary character and under appreciated ITT
#weirdnight

FourLegsGood

Postby jalapeño ranch » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:19 pm

Yeah but he was mean to me one time.
Celiac Cruz wrote:This one has no real explanation:

jalapeño ranch

Postby spix et chicho » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:55 am

aren’t you nina from joymakers?
CIARA IS DEFIANTLY A MAN AND ITS DISGUSTING MY CUZIN WAS THROWING UP FOR 2 WEEKSM YUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK PLEASE SIGN THIS B/C THATS JSUT HERENDOUZ

spix et chicho

Postby gutenmorgan » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:00 am

Dave
Bruce/Scott
Mark/Kevin

Put the ties in tiebreak order if ties aren’t allowed. Gotta say I saw an interview with Bruce where it called him out for essentially faking the “I’m an indie rocker” thing that was kind of key to his self-id, and that was a little disheartening.

gutenmorgan

Postby spix et chicho » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:07 pm

wow, so he didn't listen to REM and the pixes.... thats so fucked up
CIARA IS DEFIANTLY A MAN AND ITS DISGUSTING MY CUZIN WAS THROWING UP FOR 2 WEEKSM YUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK PLEASE SIGN THIS B/C THATS JSUT HERENDOUZ

spix et chicho

Postby gutenmorgan » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:36 pm

I obv don’t care about that (hence his ranking), it’s just a weirdly central thing in some of his interviews to have invented for no reason

gutenmorgan

Postby joe » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:01 pm

VHB wrote:
virile wrote:
VHB wrote:Hard to say, since I feel like the most classic/representative KITH setup is any skit built around David bullying Kevin and who’s to say which one is “more” responsible for that vibe

this is my favourite example of that but i guess in this one it is almost like a reverse bullying

Yeah. I mostly think of stuff like

but David bullying Kevin from underneath like in your clip and the MC Simon Milligan/Hecubus skits definitely fits. Very similar energy to the Cleese vs Palin skits at the heart of Monty Python

joe

Previous

Return to The Hat Zone