Thanksgiving is ruined!

Let's talk hats

Postby Shotfrog » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:59 am

My daughter was up all night throwing up. She’s definitely sitting it out today. The question is whether we all stay home or if my son and I still go.

Shotfrog

Postby Shotfrog » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:00 am

It could be worse. My friend was at his in-law’s and found out at about 10 o’clock last night that he was a close contact of someone who tested positive for COVID. They had to cancel for about two dozen people.

Shotfrog

Postby xxx-xxx-xxxx » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:18 am

we have a thanksgiving tradition going on 3 - 4 years now where someone's pet in the family has a seizure wednesday night, and plans are up in the air while someone sits at the emergency vet. Last night it was my mother in law's dog. I don't even like turkey can we order a pizza
WHITESOXXX-XXX-XXXX

xxx-xxx-xxxx

Postby Actor Jason P » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:30 am

Ugh the Friendsgiving I'm going to is serving literal COVID even though I told them I don't eat COVID

Actor Jason P

Postby DARTH BROOKS » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:32 am

sprinkle some ground horse de-wormer on it!
I knew that we'd become one...right away

DARTH BROOKS

Postby Actor Jason P » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:34 am

I'm dewormer intolerant :(

Actor Jason P

Postby xxx-xxx-xxxx » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:43 am

Actor Jason P wrote:I'm dewormer intolerant :(

use imitation dewormer, jfc. it's right next to the vanilla extract
WHITESOXXX-XXX-XXXX

xxx-xxx-xxxx

Postby sniplets » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:49 am

Storms have canceled the parade in Houston. It's on TV right now and the images of all the balloons and floats lined up in the street to go nowhere is giving me a visceral sadness 😔

sniplets

Postby Longarm » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:05 am

very curious about thanksgiving eve inducing dog seizures

Longarm

Postby churrokbyme » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:55 am

I am the punchline of the cosmic thanksgiving joke today.

I had plans to have Thanksgiving with a friend at a nice restaurant today, and then cook today and tomorrow for a Friendsgiving with different friends this weekend.

Woke up to a series of texts from my friend that he had to cancel our thanksgiving plans today because his dad had a stroke last night and he just got out of a redeye flight to see him on the other side of the country.

Feeling horrid about my friend and his dad, I figure I'd just cook through the blues and do some more prep for this weekend's thanksgiving. As I reach for something in the fridge, I knock over a deli container of turkey stock I had made a couple of days ago. The stock falls out of the fridge and cracks open.

As I instinctively jump to the side in a futile attempt to avoid getting the cold turkey stock pouring out of the container on my feet, I feel a sharp sting on the bottom of my foot. Somehow I stepped on an eraser-sized piece of broken glass that hadn't been there the night before -- probably from the light fixture that had just randomly exploded three weeks ago that I had spent an hour carefully vacuuming, sweeping, and mopping to clean up what I thought were all the bits of broken glass.

So I just put my foot back down after looking at it and started self-pity cry-laughing as totally sanitary cold greasy turkey stock flowed into my fresh wound.

Nice! lol.
hideout wrote:i think the problem is that the founding fathers were all really hot, so protections for hot people are ingrained in the constitution

churrokbyme

Postby big ang » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:02 am

fucking CHRIST churrok that was the first involved post I decided to read this morning and lemme just say

I’d be pity crying and not even laughing so ur doin better than I would’ve

big ang

Postby big ang » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:04 am

yikes I’d like to extend hugs once I actually get out of bed

I ended up not traveling to see my mom n siblings this year bc I worked too many long days in a row and I told my mom I wouldn’t make her deal with an absolute zombie (my whole family’s chronically overworked but I do like maintaining some air of cheer for myself, can’t even manage that this year lmao)

big ang

Postby xxx-xxx-xxxx » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:28 am

Longarm wrote:very curious about thanksgiving eve inducing dog seizures

it is very possible my father in law has recycled excuses to get out staying long at dinner, the timing is very curious
WHITESOXXX-XXX-XXXX

xxx-xxx-xxxx

Postby grammatron » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:19 pm

Since my wife is the only person in our family that actually eats the thanksgiving turkey, I opted to order one cooked and ready to go from King Soopers instead of cooking it myself. Got there to pick it up this morning and they were like, “oh no, we don’t have any of those. Online ordering has been shut down for weeks,” despite the fact that I was holding my phone in my hand showing them my confirmation email for my order from last week. So that was a fun start to the day.

They gave me a pre-cooked, frozen, bone-in breast for free that goes straight from the freezer to the oven. Let’s hope it’s not terrible I guess.

grammatron

Postby Corpsegore » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:22 pm

I’m serving up a Jenny-O frozen turkey breast. It’s fine. They’re perfectly suitable for people who don’t give a shit.

Corpsegore

Postby grammatron » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:35 pm

That’s good to hear. That’s what I got too. 2 of us are pescatarian, 2 of us just don’t like turkey, and then my wife is like the dad on A Christmas Story.

grammatron

Postby Corpsegore » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:45 pm

Was there not a line of people in the same predicament as you?

Also, churrockbyme. You did a noble job if you were able to refrain from smashing shit at that point.

Corpsegore

Postby Actor Jason P » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:50 pm

grammatron wrote:Since my wife is the only person in our family that actually eats the thanksgiving turkey, I opted to order one cooked and ready to go from King Soopers instead of cooking it myself. Got there to pick it up this morning and they were like, “oh no, we don’t have any of those. Online ordering has been shut down for weeks,” despite the fact that I was holding my phone in my hand showing them my confirmation email for my order from last week. So that was a fun start to the day.

They gave me a pre-cooked, frozen, bone-in breast for free that goes straight from the freezer to the oven. Let’s hope it’s not terrible I guess.

it will be dry but fine

Actor Jason P

Postby easy » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:02 pm

Corpsegore wrote:perfectly suitable for people who don’t give a shit.

they should put this on the label

easy
does it

Postby Corpsegore » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:06 pm

The Jenny-O logo is a woman sitting at a table smoking a cigarette while doing a crossword.

Corpsegore

Postby tgk » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:14 pm

My kid wanted turkey but Im not making turkey so I bought some frozen chicken fajita strips instead. All gets smothered in gravy anyway so it should be fine

tgk

Postby hbb » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:21 pm

Just bit down on an olive pit thinking it was an almond

Thanksgiving is ruined
hbb

Postby garbiel » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:26 pm

sliced a penny sized chunk of flesh out of my right index finger 👍
New Improved Alaska wrote:shut the fuck up

garbiel

Postby hbb » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:34 pm

That’s your left thumb
hbb

Postby Dead_Wizard » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:47 pm

Aunt refusing rapid test and making a huge scene...brother in law just cooked the sweet potatos with saran wrap on and ruined them....hell yes.

Dead_Wizard

Postby Dead_Wizard » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:51 pm

Mother in law and aunt crying now because of medical fascism

I want to go home and eat some hot wings

Dead_Wizard

Postby garbiel » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:54 pm

making the pumpkin cheesecake from tasting history and I think I fucked up somewhere because this smells like a quiche
New Improved Alaska wrote:shut the fuck up

garbiel

Postby bluestoy » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:02 pm

I had a wonderful T-day meal with the folks. Everything was soo good, but I can never eat that much now that I'm taking epipen injections to lower my blood sugar, but it also suppresses appetite and makes my big belly a little bit more slimmer I guess. While I had a great meal, I will remember my dealer guy who was killed in a car accident this past Sunday night, I'm sure his family and friends are grieving and mourning.
"You have to accept the fact that sometimes you are the pigeon, and sometimes you are the statue." -Claude Chabrol

bluestoy

Postby rex » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:05 pm

Sitting at a table with my Jewish girlfriend and great aunts/uncles talking about the Methodist Church fissure over gay rights, and a truck just drove by with LET’S GO BRANDON on the back. Safe so far but we’re on thin ice.

rex

Postby auspice » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:10 pm

my name is Krisha and you won't believe this but I ruined the turkey AGAIN and now all the aspect ratios are shifting, I can't believe my luck
Joker wrote:"I'm pooping and peeing and I love it!"

- Poop & Pee Magazine

auspice

Next

Return to The Hat Zone