Aerial
No votes
Director's Cut
No votes
50 Words for Snow
No votes

Total votes : 18

Postby An Indulgent Mother » Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:48 pm

I've mostly failed to connect w/ her stuff in the past but that was a long time ago and I now like a bunch of individual songs and would like to give it another shot. what's your favourite
mites wrote:I'm a factory where every input is pizza and every output is depression

An Indulgent Mother

Postby internethandle » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:39 pm

my ranking rn prob is:

1. never for ever
2. the dreaming
3. hounds of love
4. the red shoes
5. 50 words for snow
6. the kick inside
7. the sensual world
8. aerial
9. lionheart
10. the director's cut

if i could include this woman's work vol. 1 and 2, it (they) would prob. tie at 3

internethandle
ok

Postby An Indulgent Mother » Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:08 pm

are they all good. like is there a big drop off somewhere in that list. I'll start w/ The Dreaming since it's currently winning the poll
mites wrote:I'm a factory where every input is pizza and every output is depression

An Indulgent Mother

Postby palmer eldritch » Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:10 pm

the dreaming is my first response

palmer eldritch

Postby internethandle » Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:19 pm

Stewart Stewart wrote:are they all good. like is there a big drop off somewhere in that list. I'll start w/ The Dreaming since it's currently winning the poll

lionheart has a sort of cult following but was more or less her attempting to appease record industry/handler demands very early in her career and not particularly canonical

that aside, the conventional thinking goes that everything was very good/great to exceptional until the red shoes, but i (and others!) love that record

of her two more recent releases (aerial/50 words for snow), reactions were slightly mixed/tepid for aerial and more enthusiastic for 50 words for snow. that's remained the case with time, from what i've seen. aerial has some good material, though.

internethandle
ok

Postby unscrambled » Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:26 pm

wait but also The Kick Inside is so good. deff not as conceptual as the 80s and maybe a little repetitive in sound at points but so so good.

that said, I think starting with Never for Ever is a good grab bag of all her kind of inspirations and might make the precision of vision of The Dreaming hit even more.

unscrambled

Postby Kenny » Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:30 pm

The Best of Kate Bush
[PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] (stay posi)

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those you choose to accept and live by.

Without Labour there is no Rest; nor without Fighting can the Victory be Won ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

WOAH CLICK HERE

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby villalobos » Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:48 pm

red shoes rules. imo there's a dropoff at Aerial/50 Words, but they're still good and have amazing highs

villalobos

Postby internethandle » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:01 pm

There are some people I’ve seen identify the sensual world as their fav (I think spix?), which is a bit too languid in my eyes vs her earlier material, to give you an idea of how things can sort of shift around based on taste over the arc of her releases. They’re all like top tier stuff for me though in a relative sense, I love her.

internethandle
ok

Postby An Indulgent Mother » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:06 pm

woah, time to identify that sample! Dean Blunt & Joanne Robertson - 'Demon'/Kate Bush - 'Sat in Your Lap'

An Indulgent Mother

Return to Aguachile Alley