which boarder has the wealthiest family?

Let's talk Aguachile Alley

Postby jbiz » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:20 pm

well who cares what totally thinks, or if you buy cigarettes. i get paid tomorrow and if you're hungry i can spare 10 bucks. not a big deal.

jbiz

Postby piper » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:30 pm

my dad works for sam's club. when he's offered me money to help me out in tough times it has always made me really uncomfortable. one time he wrote me a check for two hundred and i took that as a lesson to just never talk to my dad about money troubles.

i still live a bit paycheck to paycheck at times but i've finally gotten to the point where i feel like i can see some light at the end of the tunnel.

i do enjoy eating good meals, though.

piper

Postby Savage » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:31 am

pissydan wrote:talking specifically about them giving him shit for it. dude i'm all for paying my own way, no matter who i'm with. but if they're gonna clown him about it, those dudes can fuck off.

I moved back home to go to school full-time, and I really can't handle having a job and going to school at the same time because I'm a pathetic loser, and my folks give me 100 bucks a week so that I'm not completely isolated from all my friends' activites (majority of whom make 60+k a year)

My parents aren't rich and I personally don't consider 100 bucks a week to be a lot of money, but ever since I started getting that money, my friends with poor parents and shitty-ish life situations started drinking my beer without asking. Like, they show up to an event where they plan on drinking without bringing any beer, and then just start drinking my beer. They conveyed an attitude like they were entitled to it. Eventually we discussed it and what it came down to is that they believe that it isn't my money, it's my dad's money, and as a result, I have no claim towards anything I buy with it. The only real solution is to let them drink my beer and then give them shit, it seems to work for everybody.
thanks mountain dew

Savage

Postby Savage » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:42 am

it got to the point where id have to figure out if they were going to be hanging out, and then buy them extra beers in order to make sure id have my own to drink, at which time it became a bit of a discussion
thanks mountain dew

Savage

Postby IRZ » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:06 am

what the fuck is windfucker doing here
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ken Jennings: @PaulMcCartney would you tell my friend Greg that Rocky Raccoon is just an Old West guy w/ a nickname, not a giant anthropomorphic raccoon

IRZ

Postby genghis sean » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:58 am

my dad makes $140,000 a year but has absolutely no assets, no mortgage, no savings, and nothing put away for retirement. he went bankrupt about 7 years ago. he's 54. he helps me out a lot financially these days but i feel really guilty taking anything. i think he'll be okay but i'll feel real bad if he retires destitute. obviously he's a bit better at making money than holding onto it, probably because he has a near fuckup son like me asking for thousands and thousands of his dollars.

genghis sean

Postby Viola Swamp » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:04 am

i'm rich but i'd be a lot richer if i just got a fucking job

according to my mom

Viola Swamp

Postby Aaron » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:11 am

Cram Chowder wrote:anyone got any tips on marrying into wealth?

My younger brother is currently dating the heiress to the Blue Bell Creamery fortune. When he asked for advice I just told him to get her pregnant.

Aaron

Postby piper » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:47 am

genghis sean wrote:my dad makes $140,000 a year but has absolutely no assets, no mortgage, no savings, and nothing put away for retirement. he went bankrupt about 7 years ago. he's 54. he helps me out a lot financially these days but i feel really guilty taking anything. i think he'll be okay but i'll feel real bad if he retires destitute. obviously he's a bit better at making money than holding onto it, probably because he has a near fuckup son like me asking for thousands and thousands of his dollars.

i'm trying to figure out how on earth a person could spend so much in a year that they wouldn't just automatically be saving tons of money.

piper

Postby ecto » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:55 am

piper wrote:
genghis sean wrote:my dad makes $140,000 a year but has absolutely no assets, no mortgage, no savings, and nothing put away for retirement. he went bankrupt about 7 years ago. he's 54. he helps me out a lot financially these days but i feel really guilty taking anything. i think he'll be okay but i'll feel real bad if he retires destitute. obviously he's a bit better at making money than holding onto it, probably because he has a near fuckup son like me asking for thousands and thousands of his dollars.

i'm trying to figure out how on earth a person could spend so much in a year that they wouldn't just automatically be saving tons of money.

people arent responsible with their money, it's pretty simple
I'm 15 and want to be a part of this friend now. What can I do? (self.LazerBlade)
submitted 3 minutes ago by LazerBlade_Teen

ecto

Postby port » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:04 am

edgeev wrote:port, if your dad had a mustache in the mid-'90s and really liked to ride my ass about scrubbing down the dining room area after closing then I hate your stupid rich dad

if you had said late 80s you might have been correct.

port

Postby windfucker » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:53 pm

i realized i need to start warming up to my pops cause its likely i'm going to be asking for hundreds of dollars in a bit
windfucker

Postby Kevin McCallister » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:42 pm

Spoilt Victorian Child wrote:
Kevin McCallister wrote:I made a thread last summer about some super rich client I had and her spoiled bratty sons. Something about the kid crying and screaming (literally) that he wanted a new video game until the mother (who was an awful woman) promised that they'd pick one up later that day. SVC mentioned that he only received one new video game per week. SNC responded, "that's only 52 games a year." So I'm voting SVC.

In my defense I was kidding about the "only" part.

I wasn't sure if you were joking at the time but the fact that you never responded to SNC really threw me off.

Kevin McCallister

Postby Architecture » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:24 pm

SVC wrote:Petrossian is the best.

up top, buddy. o/

i worked at a gourmet grocer for about a year and was once paid to eat petrossian's full line of caviar as well as their foie gras. my coworkermade an astute observation when he said that even at our meager wage, we literally ate like kings. lord knows how many thousands of dollars of prosciutto i feasted on while employed there.
try the data then reply
Architecture
ok

Previous

Return to Aguachile Alley