Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Render » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:08 am

Anyways if you’re dropping money on an Encore you should go ahead and get the gooseneck and scale. Scales can be gotten for pretty cheap in my opinion, you don’t have to get an Acaia or something. I use the Kalita wave for my pourovers right now and love it.
Render

Postby Ferrous Bueller » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:45 am

the question is, how do you guys have the energy and focus to go through these routines in the morning before coffee?

seems like a real catch-22
Ferrous Bueller

Postby Denise » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:56 am

Only takes a few minutes
Denise

Postby Denise » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:57 am

Which is admittedly more than kcups
Denise

Postby dvr » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:12 pm

Ferrous Bueller wrote:the question is, how do you guys have the energy and focus to go through these routines in the morning before coffee?

i've been using a scrump pour-over setup my whole life (it's what my parents used) and every morning i tell myself i'm gonna pour carefully. then about 30 seconds in i give up and dump a bunch of water over the grounds.

there is a noticeable taste difference with a good pour however, even with mediocre grounds.
dvr

Postby Ferrous Bueller » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:23 pm

if you're not drinking a can of cold brew in the shower in the morning, we simply live in different worlds
Ferrous Bueller

Postby chowder julius » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:24 pm

i switched to green tea full time

might fuck around and get into decaf coldbrew
chowder julius
sweet girl fucking with an evil sorcerer

Postby warmjets » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:00 pm

powderfinger wrote:I started ordering from Happy Mug recently and it finally feels like a sustainable way to drink fresh coffee. $9/12oz or $20/32oz and $3 shipping. It's solid and the 32oz bag is perfect since we use exactly a pound per week.

I've ordered a lot from them over the past few years but I feel like the quality isn't always great. You get what you pay for basically, prices and shipping are cheap.
warmjets

Postby powderfinger » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:52 am

warmjets wrote:
powderfinger wrote:I started ordering from Happy Mug recently and it finally feels like a sustainable way to drink fresh coffee. $9/12oz or $20/32oz and $3 shipping. It's solid and the 32oz bag is perfect since we use exactly a pound per week.

I've ordered a lot from them over the past few years but I feel like the quality isn't always great. You get what you pay for basically, prices and shipping are cheap.

Any particular recommendations? I have only tried a couple so far. The Guatemalan is my keeper so far.
powderfinger

Postby alaska » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:56 am

Ferrous Bueller wrote:the question is, how do you guys have the energy and focus to go through these routines in the morning before coffee?

we're really on the same wavelength here
mactheo wrote:
Emily Dickinson wrote:Our lives are ... so cool
alaska
ride.

Postby alaska » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:57 am

i literaly take 100mg of caffeine in pill form before getting out of bed. in awe of the pourover heads
mactheo wrote:
alaska
ride.

Postby churrokbyme » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:12 am

alaska wrote:i literaly take 100mg of caffeine in pill form before getting out of bed. in awe of the pourover heads

This is sick. I'm thinking of switching to a series of 5 hour energy shots
churrokbyme

Postby galactagogue » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:12 am

chowder julius wrote:

this is the most incomprehensible choice to me
I know what you did last summer, but i just don't give a shit
galactagogue

Postby Denise » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:14 am

Yeah what
Denise

Postby alaska » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:19 am

churrokbyme wrote:
alaska wrote:i literaly take 100mg of caffeine in pill form before getting out of bed. in awe of the pourover heads

This is sick. I'm thinking of switching to a series of 5 hour energy shots

look honestly it's one of the best routine choices i've ever made

i used to spend like 30-60 mins in vague caffeine headache land and i was always oversleeping and not having time to make coffee so i'd wander down to the coffee shop near work and spend 4 dollars on an iced coffee i could drink really fast while watchign the clock above the CVS across the street wind down way too quickly

now i just pop out of bed and read a book for half an hour and then mosey mellowly over to work
mactheo wrote:
alaska
ride.

Postby Ferrous Bueller » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:27 am

people have such an issue with it too, it's weird

I blame saved by the bell
Ferrous Bueller

Postby Denise » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:29 am

I'm so

Scared
Denise

Postby warmjets » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:39 am

powderfinger wrote:
warmjets wrote:

Any particular recommendations? I have only tried a couple so far. The Guatemalan is my keeper so far.

The Renegade Guatemala was my go-to but last batch I got was not good. I love medium roasts with chocolate notes and that usually is the ticket.

For their lighter, more expensive roasts I really like the Costa Rican honey process when they have it. But I'm partial to Central American coffee!
warmjets

Postby warmjets » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:40 am

They sell 2oz sample packs for a lot of their stuff. Which is awesome if you want to try a bunch of different stuff.
warmjets

Postby chowder julius » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:06 am

galactagogue wrote:
chowder julius wrote:

this is the most incomprehensible choice to me

i like the taste and routine of cold coffee but i'm very sensitive to caffeine
chowder julius
sweet girl fucking with an evil sorcerer

Postby struttin' evil mushroom » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:12 am

we've been using a french press for years but now i work from home and i'm pretty tempted to upgrade the whole system
struttin' evil mushroom

Postby warmjets » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:31 am

French press is fine but you can do better
warmjets

Postby pokethedoke » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:21 pm

finally have learned I have a coffee intolerance and thats why my stomach is always destroyed lol
pokethedoke

Postby powderfinger » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:10 pm

warmjets wrote:
powderfinger wrote:
warmjets wrote:

The Renegade Guatemala was my go-to but last batch I got was not good. I love medium roasts with chocolate notes and that usually is the ticket.

For their lighter, more expensive roasts I really like the Costa Rican honey process when they have it. But I'm partial to Central American coffee!

We have the Beautiful Burundi now and it's not very good. I also tend to like Central American coffee the best.

You should check out Nagadi Coffee in Silver Spring. They only open to the public on Saturday mornings but the beans are great and the dorks who run the place make killer espresso. If I was a single cup brewer, I would rarely look elsewhere for beans.
powderfinger

Postby struttin' evil mushroom » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:07 pm

warmjets wrote:French press is fine but you can do better

i was just searching for "aeropress" in trying to determine what i want to do

and i mean this kindly and sincerely, not sarcastically: your arc itt is extremely sick

love 2 be a beanbinch
struttin' evil mushroom

Postby warmjets » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:20 pm

just get a bonavita drip

drip coffee rules
warmjets

Postby deadwolfbones » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:46 pm

This is the single best coffee preparation I've ever had: https://bluebottlecoffee.com/preparatio ... s/nel-drip

I wish I was rich enough to afford making this every day.
dead was real dumb
deadwolfbones

Postby deadwolfbones » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:47 pm

45g of coffee for 185g of water, fuck's sake
dead was real dumb
deadwolfbones

Postby Hieronymus Kush » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:46 am

i was going to stop drinking coffee but my mom put me on to illy and i'm hooked
in filth it will be found
Hieronymus Kush

Postby jenmichaeljarre » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:51 am

jenmichaeljarre

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....