Postby Bartatua » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:24 pm

didn't know that about james but it makes sense
i broke somebody's ribs
Bartatua

Postby shirts optional » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:06 pm

where do these narratives about "selling merch" come from
shirts optional

Postby buriedinspace » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:45 pm

nosebleeds wrote:So, does a reuniting Shield help Roman win and fend off a cashing in Strowman or does Ambrose turn and cost Roman the belt?

I was just thinking the other day, between this and the above 'Raw needs a heel stable':

Kevin Owens gets some sort of mysterious help in defeating Braun for the briefcase.

Rollins teases having someone who's going to watch his back. As the match starts Ambrose's music plays... but no Ambrose. Seth is confused but eventually goes it alone. Near the finish, Jason Jordan comes in to 'make the save' but turns on Seth, allowing Dolph to retain.

Jordan, McIntrye and Dolph ruin the main event when it looks like Reigns has Lesnar beat for a double DQ, laying both men out. Owens music hits, he cashes in and Lesnar fights back but Paul turns on him, Reigns tries to make the save and fails against the four on one. Rollins tries to save, no go. Ambrose returns and successfully makes the save but 'accidentally' hits Brock with the briefcase leading to Owens winning the title.

Owens, Jordan, McIntrye and Dolph are the new heel stable, with Heyman. They feud with The Shield except Ambrose is under the microscope and the heels are stoking the fire.
I try to avoid enjoyable romps whenever I can. -Armond White
Venmo: @hipro because I am a very broke person and maybe you are not?
https://www.gofundme.com/help-me-avoid-eviction-this-christmas
buriedinspace

Postby Milk » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:42 pm

shirts optional wrote:where do these narratives about "selling merch" come from

you mean like the narrative that it matters in terms of where you are on the card? I mean i'm not sure but i think it's logical. If Roman is the top merch seller, then it makes sense to keep him on top sadly. People speak with their money. If he's not though then it's just Vince being stubborn. Like if he's in say the top 3 but not number 1 then it's harder to justify although the logic might be well if he's got the belt he's gonna go go no 1.I'm not saying they always go with this necessarily but i'm sure it helps them determine who they should have on top or near the top. But at the same time i don't think that say if FInn tomorrow has top merch sales they'd be like alright lets scrap all plans, let's put the belt on him. Actually though i guess if you ARE number one seller and you're not even with a title it seems like you probably don't need one. There's always this whole philosophy where if someone is really over without a belt then focus on giving it to someone who you want more over than they are.
"I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands.."
Milk

Postby Milk » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:42 pm

I mean a LOT of their revenue comes from merch.
"I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands.."
Milk

Postby darkendofthestreet » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:08 am

It's still kinda weird seeing Juice Robinson being so over in New Japan, but fair play to him, he's had a fantastic year.

Also, my WALTER shirt arrived today and it's the fucking best thing ever.
"Gogol Android"
darkendofthestreet

Postby Pris » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:19 am

Laughed at Yamazaki imitating Honma's voice throughout the match.

I liked yesterday's show. Went in thinking Tanahashi and Okada were tied in points, and was too afraid of spoilers to check the standings before watching. So I wasn't clear on the consequences of each outcome. But it was yet another great match between them. Their two other G1 matches were awesome, but my favorite Tanahashi/Okada is the Wrestle Kingdom match where Okada loses and breaks down crying. Yesterday's match had another one of those patented insane 2.999 kick out near falls from Okada.
Pris

Postby 58769 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:41 am

it makes so happy to see ZSJ where he is

Postby Pris » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:43 am

We should get him to board here
Pris

Postby darkendofthestreet » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:49 am

58769 wrote:it makes so happy to see ZSJ where he is

Seriously, he's so great. It saddens me when people say they don't understand his appeal, especially when he's getting to embrace this more sadistic heel side.
"Gogol Android"
darkendofthestreet

Postby 58769 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:58 am

ZACK! :D :D :D

Postby darkendofthestreet » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:00 am

With the Sabre Driver too, get in!
"Gogol Android"
darkendofthestreet

Postby Pris » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:01 am

That match ruled and this main event is guaranteed to be crazy.
Pris

Postby potentialgetawaydriver » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:02 am

Poor Naito
potentialgetawaydriver

Postby darkendofthestreet » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:36 am

So that's gotta be the precursor to the Wrestle Kingdom main event right? Jesus, they're gonna try and kill each other before this is all over.
"Gogol Android"
darkendofthestreet

Postby Pris » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:38 am

That was good, but to me not in the tournament top 5.
Looking forward to tomorrow's final.

I hadn't been following NJPW as much as other years, so I was going in pretty cold, but this G1 has blown my mind once more.

Ishii 2018 G1 MVP
Pris

Postby santos l halper » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:08 am

calling the final three days out is my greatest booking prediction success

i now have the ultimate insight into the mind of gedo
santos l halper

Postby 58769 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:06 am

darkendofthestreet wrote:So that's gotta be the precursor to the Wrestle Kingdom main event right? Jesus, they're gonna try and kill each other before this is all over.

Kenny and Tana have been kept apart from each other for so long now that I think they must have a big match planned. I suppose their big match could be set up in 2019 for the IC title or something, but now I'm leaning towards their match being at WK.

Postby Double McDouble » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:27 pm

For every new writer that would show up, he [would] come in the room put his hand down his pants, pull out his d---, touch himself, then say "I'm Randy Orton, shake my hand...Oh, you don't want to shake my hand? You're 'big leaguing' me? That's f----- up man. Should I tell Vince and Steph you won't shake Randy Orton's hand?"
Double McDouble

Postby buriedinspace » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:12 pm

buriedinspace wrote:G1 Top Five:

1. Omega/Naito
2. Ibushi/Ishii
3. Ibushi/ZSJ
4. Omega/Ishii
5. Okada/Elgin

Top 10!

1. Omega/Ibushi
2. Omega/Naito
3. Ibushi/Ishii
4. Tanahashi/Okada
5. Omega/Ishii
6. Ibushi/ZSJ
7. Naito/ZSJ
8. Okada/Elgin
9. Ibushi/Yano
10. SANADA/ZSJ
buriedinspace

Postby buriedinspace » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:16 pm

Double McDouble wrote:
For every new writer that would show up, he [would] come in the room put his hand down his pants, pull out his d---, touch himself, then say "I'm Randy Orton, shake my hand...Oh, you don't want to shake my hand? You're 'big leaguing' me? That's f----- up man. Should I tell Vince and Steph you won't shake Randy Orton's hand?"

Full quote, from MLW Radio with former WWE writer Court Bauer:

The writers would all start sweating and backing up into the corner, the guy's d--- is still hanging out, and he would be there cutting a promo on a guy with his d--- hanging out for like five minutes. Court goes on to say Orton was very intense so you could never tell if he was f------ with you or [if] he was really hot.

Court says he was lucky, Randy did it to him on the first day he was with the company at TV and just as he was about to pull his d--- out, Stephanie walked in, and that s--- went right back in his pants. Court describes it as a teacher entering the classroom.

When asked if he would have shaken his hand, Court says "I don't know. I'm a bit of a germaphobe." Court says this was something Orton did during his [Court's] entire time at the WWE, and he is surprised Orton didn't get hit with sexual harassment.

WWE issued a statement saying they 'are looking into the matter'
buriedinspace

Postby Milk » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:39 pm

They're not gonna do anything to Orton all these years later if he's not still doing it.

Also, they knew of course.
Milk

Postby 58769 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:31 am

massive G1 spoilers

also i can't find it but Chase Owens came to the ring with a Cheap Trick tshirt
Toggle Spoiler

Postby WAC » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:10 pm

Just so you know, you can't embed tweets in spoiler tags. Gotta just link the url
He said ALOT of shit last night. And most of it WASN'T how he supported a fascist.
WAC

Postby buriedinspace » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:53 pm

I got spoiled on G1 from my glance at Facebook when I woke up for a few minutes in the early morning before I was going to go back to sleep. :/ Was the first time all tournament I got spoiled. It was the official New Japan account and it was the second thing that popped up on my feed: just a big picture of the winner holding their trophy.
buriedinspace

Postby Pris » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:37 am

Jim Neidhart died. Man, he looked so poorly in the recent video with the Hitman where he couldn't stop moving. Sad!
Pris

Postby Bartatua » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:39 am

damn :(

was thinking about trying to do a hart foundation family costume for dragoncon or halloween or something this year

bret is the ONLY ONE STILL ALIVE from the whole faction
i broke somebody's ribs
Bartatua

Postby Pris » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:52 am

He was involved in some strange stuff. Main event of Heroes of Wrestling and this footnote.

Pris

Postby buriedinspace » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:56 am

Welp, if Nattie was going to turn heel at SummerSlam, I think they're gonna have to push that back a while.

Also, the 'Bret is the last one standing' idea is... oof.

When I first started watching he was mostly just Owen's second and I don't think I ever really got to see him at his best but he was such a fixture for years and such a big character
buriedinspace

Postby Pris » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:31 pm

Bartatua wrote:bret is the ONLY ONE STILL ALIVE from the whole faction

:cry:

Pris

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....