Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby dreamshake » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:36 pm

Double McDouble wrote:Can’t really imagine anyone being excited to see Brock get his win back from a real fight in a fake fight.

a fight from almost ten years ago.
hologram ride the whip

dreamshake

Postby buriedinspace » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:27 pm

Hell in a Cell has, I believe, 4 matches announced.

Would not be against adding like 2 more and just doing a two to two and a half hour show tbh
ratbags wrote:you're like a wistful naive idiot version of bill simmons

PayPal: paypal.me/binspace because I am a very broke person and maybe you are not?

buriedinspace

Postby buriedinspace » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:31 pm

Do Viking Raiders/Heavy Machinery/Cedric vs the OC & Ziggler/Roode, Kofi and the New Day do a promo about Friday and perseverance, King Corbin vs Chad Gable, Nakamura vs Ali and maybe something with Braun and/or Ricochet.

PayPal: paypal.me/binspace because I am a very broke person and maybe you are not?

buriedinspace

Postby buriedinspace » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:35 pm

Heck, do Braun/Ricochet/Black/Murphy vs Orton/Revival/Cesaro in a SHOWCASE match ahead of the Draft or some shit.

buriedinspace

Postby scurrydog » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:54 pm

Kofi losing is fine. Kofi losing the way he did is bad.

You can make Brock look even stronger by actually being on the receiving end of some offense and brushing it off with a clubbing blow and F5...

Although, some would argue that kofi losing the way he did protects him, because it comes off like a fluke victory. Maybe after crown jewel, he comes back at lesnar for a longer match?

Like it’s weird for him to be front and center of the smackdown intro package and not have a bigger plan for him.
love you guys!

scurrydog
ok

Postby potentialgetawaydriver » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:16 pm

Giving HIAC a shot
Sasha/Becky has been very violent/good. Chairshot to the head (what) and Becky ate a brutal meteora onto a ladder.

potentialgetawaydriver

Postby potentialgetawaydriver » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:24 pm

These two are killing it here, but this commentary team's lack of excitement is really lame.

potentialgetawaydriver

Postby pinkerton » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:59 pm

The red tint is killing my eyes.

pinkerton

Postby pinkerton » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:02 pm

lol the mallet. This sure is something.

pinkerton

Postby potentialgetawaydriver » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:11 pm

Omg the heat on this finish
Unique match, I'll give it that

potentialgetawaydriver

Postby This Guy » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:11 pm

Double Turn!

This Guy

Postby This Guy » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:13 pm

Wait, Hell in the Cell DQ?

This Guy

Postby figaro » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:16 pm

i think my brain is broken after watching that

figaro

Postby REAL BASED SLOB » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:16 pm

what was that ending? yikes
When John Walsh refers to criminals as cowards and creeps I just get more jacked

REAL BASED SLOB

Postby buriedinspace » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:07 pm

I basically spent the entire time Bray was on his back thinking 'oh, any moment he's going to rise us in a backwards crab walk, Rollins will run into the Mandible Claw and that's the finish' and the longer they went and the more he did, the more I thought 'wow, they're missing the peak of when this will be most effective, but OK' and the DQ ed was such utter bullshit.

Lawler put over Foley nearly being killed in Hell in a Cell, a match that didn't end in spite of legitimate horrors, all night. For that to be the end of the match - they mic'ed the ref so hard near the end and they couldn't even say 'if you hit him with that it will be a disqualification'?

Hell, the ref could have called the match via stoppage... I guess? But a DQ is just ungodly lame. And the match went 3x longer than it needed to and Bray sold 10x as much as he needed to.

They had put this tweet out mid-week:

buriedinspace

Postby dreamshake » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:32 pm

between advertising taker, austin and sting for smackdown and then not using them, cancelling the 205 live taping in the middle of smackdown, the end of kofi's title run, only announcing 4 matches before a ppv and then that bullshit finish, wwe is just fucking with fans and letting them know they think they are marks who will keep buying tickets, watching raw & smackdown and subscribing to the network no matter what they do. what a shitty weekend for them.
hologram ride the whip

dreamshake

Postby 58769 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:11 am

i don't know how you guys do it each week. i gave up a couple of years ago. they deserve none of your time.

Postby buriedinspace » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:29 am

Becky/Sasha was legit the best women's match from any WWE brand, outside of maybe Io/Candice, all year. So there was that.

If this was the finish, I'd have almost put this in the middle of the show and closed with the women. Except even not in the main event, this would have killed the show. Just so, so, so bad.

But honestly? Smackdown was pretty good. Main event booking aside, the Cain angle was a fun surprise and it was a newsworthy show. The only thing they needed from me for this show was to find a way to not fuck me too hard on this main event finish.

It reminds me of Punk/Ryback where the intruige was 'wow, how do you manage to make this work' and both times it was 'uh I dunno, just figure someway out of it, I guess?'

Just don't book that match if you have no finish. Make Becky/Sasha the Hell in a Cell match and maybe Roman/Bryan vs Harper and Rowan is one too. A non-finish mid show would have been totally acceptable outside of the Cell gimmick. Maybe not THIS non-finish but do the pop ups from everything he throws at him and find a way to make Bray look strong in a no contest or DQ.

buriedinspace

Postby Double McDouble » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:45 am

WWE blows. So glad I didn’t waste time watching that BS main event. Becky/Sasha was cool
Double McDouble

Postby This Guy » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:40 am

It is great how the women’s division is completely carrying WWE.

This Guy

Postby Shotfrog » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:55 am

Shotfrog

Postby NegativeCapability » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:24 am

INSANE booking. I could literally watch it for hours.

Anyone seen that footage from the Riddle/Goldberg confrontation? That shit was fuckin hilarious.
Back where I bong... behind my desk, changing the world. Using that giant brain to make some magic.

NegativeCapability

Postby buriedinspace » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:03 pm

First hour of Raw has been... odd.

They kicked off by recapping... last Monday. And with a Rusev segment with Orton, Corbin and Lashley. Then a 'Last Woman Standing' match with Lacey and Nattie. Now Viking Raiders vs. Ziggler/Roode.

No mention of Rollins or The Fiend. Some advertising of Becky for later segments but hasn't appeared.

It's so far Midcard Night Raw

buriedinspace

Postby buriedinspace » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:09 pm

I legitimately wonder if, knowing the ratings pattern is a big First Hour, slow errosion throughout, if this is an experiment to see if holding literally all main event talent to later in the show doesn't hold people.

They've now twice, on big shows, opened with the big guest star and popped a huge initial rating and had it fall. I guess this could be a way to see how it goes. They had a BRIEF tease with Tyson Fury and seem to think he's the big deal of the show, along with Becky/Charlotte on Miz TV and also teaming against the Women's Tag Champs... for some reason. I got them teaming against Bayley and Sasha but them being a more regular team really takes the steam off their long term rivalry that until recently felt like something you could somewhat easily return to whenever.

I could see it being used to set up Becky vs Charlotte for Survivor Series as Champ vs Champ, I suppose.

buriedinspace

Postby buriedinspace » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:17 pm

Apparently Bray and Sasha both are not cleared for tonight's show.

I imagine that maybe the repeated tool box shots that looked so wild gave Bray a concussion. Imagine getting hurt for that piece of shit finish.

The Hell in a Cell with the girls was so intense that I just assume she got banged up. I know she went into it with stitches on her hip from a house show bump went wrong.

buriedinspace

Postby buriedinspace » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:32 pm

Rey's mask says 'trans rights'

buriedinspace

Postby CudNylon » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:31 pm

CROSS THREAD POST!

CudNylon

Postby hamilton » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:32 pm

This NWA reboot that’s live on YouTube right now is pretty damn entertaining. It’s a wrestling show straight out of the 80s and it’s awesome.

hamilton

Postby dreamshake » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:44 pm

yeah it's straight up georgia championship wrestling cosplay, even down to the sets. but entertaining.
hologram ride the whip

dreamshake

Postby dreamshake » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:56 pm

lol they even have joecephus acting like terry funk
hologram ride the whip

dreamshake

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....