Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby NegativeCapability » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:09 am

Stabbing me 11 times only pissed me off.

NegativeCapability

Postby walt » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:55 am

sunrise wrote:omega/moxley was the highlight by far for me. i really don't like the big prepared setups, but they pulled it off real well.

Was it just me or was moxley pulling several direct references to steve austin in that match? I thought for a second he was going to pass out in the sharpshooter. He also gave the inverted double bird to the crowd at the end.

Likely nothing but i did find it curious.

walt

Postby potentialgetawaydriver » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:44 am

They should have a Kenny/Rey Fenix match asap to build him back up on his redemption arc after losing to Moxley.

potentialgetawaydriver

Postby CudNylon » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:12 am

Time to decide if I’m going to the mania weekend shows or not...
Last edited by CudNylon on Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CudNylon

Postby dreamshake » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:43 am

jim cornette "resigned" from nwa for being racist on commentary. but how did the racist joke even air?
hologram ride the whip

dreamshake

Postby buriedinspace » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:15 pm

Fenix/Nick Jackson was fucking great
ratbags wrote:you're like a wistful naive idiot version of bill simmons

PayPal: paypal.me/binspace because I am a very broke person and maybe you are not?

buriedinspace

Postby nosebleeds » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:21 pm

Nxt just opened with Lynch vs Ripley and now has Ricochet vs Riddle happening.

nosebleeds

Postby buriedinspace » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:47 pm

NXT couldn't be hotshotting more, past, I dunno, getting Lesnar on the show or something...

PayPal: paypal.me/binspace because I am a very broke person and maybe you are not?

buriedinspace

Postby leftproofbox » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:52 pm

buriedinspace wrote:Fenix/Nick Jackson was fucking great

really dug the 'dime a dozen' battle royal, and saw the outcome coming and wouldnt make sense and love MJF but jungle boy and page would be cool down the line
the lonesome foghorn blows

leftproofbox

Postby buriedinspace » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:38 pm

Next week is Sky vs Jericho for the title, Omega vs PAC and MJF vs Page for the 'diamond ring', all in the arena that hosted All In and All Out. That's a pretty big show.

buriedinspace

Postby potentialgetawaydriver » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:58 pm

Quite possibly the best ep of Dynamite yet. Doesn't hurt that the company wants as many people as possible to get over and doesn't constantly make everyone look like a doofus.

potentialgetawaydriver

Postby buriedinspace » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:43 pm

potentialgetawaydriver wrote:Quite possibly the best ep of Dynamite yet. Doesn't hurt that the company wants as many people as possible to get over and doesn't constantly make everyone look like a doofus.

Yeah, not that NXT didn't have it's cool stuff (Riddle/Ricochet, Revival/Undisputed Era, Cole/Dijak) but it felt so short term and shallow and none of the matches felt like they mattered. On Dynamite, things feel like they're going somewhere... plus they had a bunch of pretty good wrestling, too. Next week's show sounds great too, whereas NXT ended up messily building to 2 shows that neither feel like they're as hot as they could be if the other didn't exist, but especially WarGames had the edges sawed off of it. It's scheduled, essentially, to be an afterthought THE NEXT DAY.

It's interesting because this stuff is definitely a short term good deal for NXT but in the even medium term, I'm not sure it's going to rise their tide much, unless it just continues unabatted and I don't think long term that'd even do much good. Despite the stated thought, by the HHH's of the world, that people aren't going up to the main roster anymore, that's kind of a major component of the formula that's worked - people come in, have a hot year or so and then leave, to be replaced by new up and comers.

On the other hand, The Elite folks have done a good job and continue to do a good job building stars. On the indie scene, they helped build a ton of folks, by working with them, by integrating them into BTE, by including them in the Bullet Club and then the Elite and now by featuring them in AEW. Hell, NXT's biggest star got the rub from them too and The Revival probably owe their push to the fact that they made a stir making hay of a potential Bucks feud.

MJF, Hangman, Private Party, Luchasauras - these folks are becoming stars on AEW television right now and it's really fun to watch it. I can think about AEW storylines and consider where they might go, whereas WWE and even NXT as it becomes more entangled within it, I just know things are going to go in any which way and even if I had an interesting, sensible and well considered idea of where they could go, they tend to just go seat of their pants with things. Generally this isn't true of NXT but the negative aspect of the last month is the extent to which it does feel extremely hotshotty and unfocused. The WarGames build up was going really well but it's gotten overshadowed by the pointless (kind of literally) brand vs brand vs brand feud, including prostituting blood feuds to it.

I'm curious who the final man in WarGames will be, I guess because HHH hyped it being a big deal, but I can't even really work myself up about who it'll be or why. And the lack of NXT having announced Survivor Series teams and the weirdness of Adam Cole just having a title defense against an upper midcard NXT type on the show announced the day before is just weird.

buriedinspace

Postby Bartatua » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:47 pm

missed it tonight, damn
i broke somebody's ribs

Bartatua

Postby hey look » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:46 am

https://worldwrestlingfantasia.podiant. ... fe834143c/

Listen to my new podcast episode. We drafted WON HOF inductees and created supercards. It was very good
hey look

Postby trigross » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:55 pm

that sounds fun! will give it a listen tomorrow

didn't catch last night's Dynamite but I've been watching a lot of shibata matches and good god the man is (was) truly the wrestler. Love his matches with ishii, I have to get back into njpw. How is it these days?

trigross
our chow yun-fat

Postby buriedinspace » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:11 am

NXT beat AEW by like 20k viewers and both were around 900k. AEW still won 18-49.

buriedinspace

Postby buriedinspace » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:17 am

trigross wrote:that sounds fun! will give it a listen tomorrow

didn't catch last night's Dynamite but I've been watching a lot of shibata matches and good god the man is (was) truly the wrestler. Love his matches with ishii, I have to get back into njpw. How is it these days?

New Japan is good, if just slightly stagnant, I'd say?

The G1 was largely pretty great, though I hate the flow of the booking through it, tbh. That and Best of Super Juniors might be the places to start. BOSJ was arguably as good, for my money?

Will Ospreay is the MVP of 2019, I'd say.

There's some rumors of Shibata vs KENTA at one of the Dome shows.

buriedinspace

Postby sunrise » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:11 pm

i don't know how to keep up with njpw, but the idea of shibata kenta is so exciting.

sunrise

Postby buriedinspace » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:32 pm

The final show before Survivor Series just ended and there's still no sign of who the NXT Womens or Mens teams are.

The NXT team might be all the female babyfaces that came out tonight but also... they might have just done that for storyline expediency? At least I guess we know Rhea is the team captain, now?

The men's team is a total unknown. Until they announced a title defense for Cole, I assumed he was the Team NXT captain but it appears it'll likely be a team with Keith Lee and Riddle and frankly, I am not sure who else?

I need our month of T-shirt fights to go away now.

buriedinspace

Postby big zorb » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:39 pm

Wait the nxt women's team has been settled for a while sans toni storm, there was the whole dakota kai story
Woman: [Possibly smiling or laughing].

big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby dreamshake » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:59 pm

that was rhea ripley's team for war games i think. hard to keep it straight when they're building to two events in the same weekend at the same time.
hologram ride the whip

dreamshake

Postby big zorb » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:57 am

dreamshake wrote:that was rhea ripley's team for war games i think. hard to keep it straight when they're building to two events in the same weekend at the same time.

Huh, that makes sense! Real freakin messy!
Woman: [Possibly smiling or laughing].

big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby Shotfrog » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:34 am

Shotfrog

Postby Ratthew » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:17 pm

Oof, no way was Takeover that uneventful to be worth zero posts in here

Ratthew

Postby Bartatua » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:21 pm

i just haven't been kerping up

i don't remember there ever being a bad takeover though
i broke somebody's ribs

Bartatua

Postby Double McDouble » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:13 pm

I’m sure it was good but I’m just totally burnt out on WWE’s product as a whole. Maybe I’ll watch some tonight. Rey vs. Brock could be cool if it’s not the usual Lesnar squash match
Double McDouble

Postby trigross » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:38 pm

haven't watched wwe since ... mania I guess? my friend keeps me abreast of the bad booking and drama but only because he reads reddit. would prob enjoy nxt still but i only have so much time

trigross
our chow yun-fat

Postby Bartatua » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:45 pm

has there ever been like a really good survivor series match? the idea always sounds good to me but then i always end up disliking them in execution
i broke somebody's ribs

Bartatua

Postby Double McDouble » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:57 pm

I honestly kind of liked the one where Sting debuted. Can’t think of many other memorable ones.
Double McDouble

Postby NegativeCapability » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:11 pm

Bartatua wrote:has there ever been like a really good survivor series match? the idea always sounds good to me but then i always end up disliking them in execution

Team Bischoff vs Team Austin
Stabbing me 11 times only pissed me off.

NegativeCapability

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....