Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Pris » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:04 am

Jericho/Big Show should win the titles on monday... DX doesn't need them anyway going into Wrestlemania singles matches. They could then go for Jericho/Big Show vs. Edge & Christian at Wrestlemania.

I don't thing Hardy's coming back anytime soon. With all the legal trouble hanging over his head, and his history, I'd thing him being the next big death would be more likely.
Pris

Postby Rusty » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:22 am

Rusty

Postby bobble » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:03 am

Jack Swagger wrote:The Botchamania series on youtube is hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... q=botchama

I've watched so many of these, laughing out loud in my room, by myself.
bobble

Postby Jack Swagger » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:51 am

haha yes I can watch all of them and be satisfied.
Jack Swagger

Postby Jack Swagger » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:52 am

Pris wrote:Jericho/Big Show should win the titles on monday... DX doesn't need them anyway going into Wrestlemania singles matches. They could then go for Jericho/Big Show vs. Edge & Christian at Wrestlemania.

I don't thing Hardy's coming back anytime soon. With all the legal trouble hanging over his head, and his history, I'd thing him being the next big death would be more likely.

Exactly. HHH and HBK will probably face off at WM anyways. Throw in the Hardys into a three way ladder match and youll have the biggest buy rate of any PPV in years. If, big if, Jeff is acquitted of his charges.
Jack Swagger

Postby Maze » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:54 am

i'm going to be watching more wrestling over the next day or so than i have in a very long time. shame we dont get TNA live over here, i'll have to settle for downloading it in the morning. i'm really hoping this leads to wrestling feeling like it did over 10 years ago now, but i'll settle with just being entertained.
Maze

Postby SNC » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:52 am

What did Jeff do now?
SNC

Postby Maze » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:04 pm

think he got caught with a silly amount of drugs, like a lot a lot.
Maze

Postby Kevin McCallister » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:04 pm

Tongue-Tied, buy my stack of WWF VHS tapes from 1998-2002.
PPVs, episodes of Raw, and Smackdown.
kranky wrote:the monster mash isn't actually halloween specific and is just a monster party that could happen at any time.
Kevin McCallister

Postby Pris » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:08 pm

SNC wrote:What did Jeff do now?

September 2009 - "Jeff Hardy was arrested and jailed Friday on multiple drug charges after police searched his home in North Carolina, reports The Pilot newspaper.

Hardy is accused of trafficking prescription pills and anabolic steroids. A police search of his home yielded 262 Vicodin prescription pills, 180 Soma prescription pills, 555 milliliters of anabolic steroids, a residual amount of powder cocaine, and items of drug paraphernalia.

Hardy had been investigated by the narcotics division of the local Sheriff's office and additional law enforcement units before Friday's drug bust.

The official charges were "felony possession with intent to sell or deliver a Schedule III controlled substance, felony maintaining a dwelling to keep controlled substance, felony possession of cocaine, and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia."
Pris

Postby Jack Swagger » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:06 pm

Kevin McCallister wrote:Tongue-Tied, buy my stack of WWF VHS tapes from 1998-2002.
PPVs, episodes of Raw, and Smackdown.

How many VHS and how much $
Jack Swagger

Postby Pris » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:05 pm

I'm actually more excited about tonight's Raw than about a huge number of PPV's of recent years. Once that insane rating is in, they should take note and translate it to PPV hype. Excitement over wrestling makes me feel very juvenile...more and more it's a guilty pleasure.

It all depends on what Bret Hart's going to do...I want him to flip out and accuse Vince of murdering Owen, before breaking his face, but it'll probably be very well planned and controlled.

DX need to drop the titles, and the WWE needs to start most of the major Wrestlemania programs here... the Royal Rumble will be bought for the novelty factor no matter what, so they can really go with a few hot angles to get people interested again.

I hope this will somehow translate in a few younger stars getting a rub... Bret could say Swagger's the only relevant wrestler around... and they should do a couple of surprises.

As for TNA's big night... Ah, Hogan, the man castrated by reality television, will be running the show. Man that's going to be a huge trainwreck once his buddies arrive on the scene and start beating the talented guys. Samoa Joe's the only redeeming factor there...
Pris

Postby Jack Swagger » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:20 pm

Start of Monday night wars:
TNA starts off with six sides of steel to a no contest. Then Jeff hardy comes out to fuck up Homocide. Good start.
Jack Swagger

Postby Jack Swagger » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:31 pm

After a short solid women match ric flair makes an appearance. Raw better come up with something good
Jack Swagger

Postby Kevin McCallister » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:35 pm

Jack Swagger wrote:Start of Monday night wars:
TNA starts off with six sides of steel to a no contest. Then Jeff hardy comes out to fuck up Homocide. Good start.

Wait, there's a wrestler named Homocide or is that just a typo?
I'll find the box (again) sometime this week and do inventory, come up with a price, etc.
kranky wrote:the monster mash isn't actually halloween specific and is just a monster party that could happen at any time.
Kevin McCallister

Postby Jack Swagger » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:46 pm

Haha I think it's actually homicide
Jack Swagger

Postby NewSincereMovement » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:51 pm

Jack Swagger wrote:WWE sent out the following press release hyping the upcoming Raw guest hosts:

From comedians to politicians to musical performers to professional athletes, Monday Night Raw’s weekly guest hosts are some of past and present’s finest entertainers. The WWE Universe, therefore, can expect this trend to continue as more and more of the most popular celebrities are hopping aboard to serve as Raw special host.

Nov. 30, 2009: Verne Troyer
Best known for playing Mini-Me in the Austin Powers comedy series, Verne Troyer will serve as guest host on Nov. 30 from Baltimore. One of the shortest yet largely recognizable men in the world, the actor has more than 15 years of television experience.

Dec. 7, 2009: Mark Cuban
Instead of humoring the NBA Universe with his infinite antics and making authoritative basketball decisions for one night, Dallas
Mavericks owner Mark Cuban will spend time delegating responsibility to WWE Superstars when he hosts Raw on Dec. 7 from Dallas.

Dec. 14, 2009: Dennis Miller
Comedian and radio talk show host Dennis Miller, meanwhile, will serve as the host of the 2009 Slammy Awards during a special three-hour presentation of Raw on Dec. 14 from Corpus Christi, Texas. The five-time Emmy award-winning comic is renowned for his improvisations and acerbic humor about pop culture and politics.

Dec. 21, 2008: Jack Swagger
Today, the outspoken head figure of the Brewers announced he sent his free agent PM and has agreed to host the show when the WWE visits Milwaukee, Wisc. Swagger, nicknamed "Das Wunderkind", has received plenty of heat this season and looks to address the crowd as well as body slam any critics. "MBI better not be in attendance because if he is then I can guaran-damn-tee he's going through a table."

Be sure to tune in every Monday night when the biggest stars from all over the world take over as Raw’s special guest host.
Let go, it's over. Nobody listens to techno
NewSincereMovement

Postby Jack Swagger » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:52 pm

Scott Hall and x-PAC. Damn how many old guys is tna bringing back
Jack Swagger

Postby keykey » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:05 am

NewSincereMovement wrote:
Jack Swagger wrote:WWE sent out the following press release hyping the upcoming Raw guest hosts:

From comedians to politicians to musical performers to professional athletes, Monday Night Raw’s weekly guest hosts are some of past and present’s finest entertainers. The WWE Universe, therefore, can expect this trend to continue as more and more of the most popular celebrities are hopping aboard to serve as Raw special host.

Nov. 30, 2009: Verne Troyer
Best known for playing Mini-Me in the Austin Powers comedy series, Verne Troyer will serve as guest host on Nov. 30 from Baltimore. One of the shortest yet largely recognizable men in the world, the actor has more than 15 years of television experience.

Dec. 7, 2009: Mark Cuban
Instead of humoring the NBA Universe with his infinite antics and making authoritative basketball decisions for one night, Dallas
Mavericks owner Mark Cuban will spend time delegating responsibility to WWE Superstars when he hosts Raw on Dec. 7 from Dallas.

Dec. 14, 2009: Dennis Miller
Comedian and radio talk show host Dennis Miller, meanwhile, will serve as the host of the 2009 Slammy Awards during a special three-hour presentation of Raw on Dec. 14 from Corpus Christi, Texas. The five-time Emmy award-winning comic is renowned for his improvisations and acerbic humor about pop culture and politics.

Dec. 21, 2008: Jack Swagger
Today, the outspoken head figure of the Brewers announced he sent his free agent PM and has agreed to host the show when the WWE visits Milwaukee, Wisc. Swagger, nicknamed "Das Wunderkind", has received plenty of heat this season and looks to address the crowd as well as body slam any critics. "MBI better not be in attendance because if he is then I can guaran-damn-tee he's going through a table."

Be sure to tune in every Monday night when the biggest stars from all over the world take over as Raw’s special guest host.

SIM IS LIFE
i can beat the president in a slam dunk contest and still not feel good
keykey

Postby Jack Swagger » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:18 am

Who are you in the sim
Jack Swagger

Postby Jack Swagger » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:34 am

Val Venis is back. Heh heh heh.
Jack Swagger

Postby keykey » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:42 am

Jack Swagger wrote:Who are you in the sim

If this is towards me, I'm Andy, legendary Cleveland GM.

The other guy is the Cubbies GM.
i can beat the president in a slam dunk contest and still not feel good
keykey

Postby Jack Swagger » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:58 am

Let's win the central.

Back to wrestling... Raw blows.
Jack Swagger

Postby Jack Swagger » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:57 am

Angle vs AJ Styles is the best match I have ever seen. Better than hbk v taker
Jack Swagger

Postby Pris » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:55 am

The opening segment with Michaels and Hart was compelling television, but on a whole the show didn't deliver much of anything... DX is a tired act... they're still not pulling the trigger on major angles with fresh faces... and while Vince kicking Hart in the balls was pretty cool, a Wrestlemania matchup between the two is one of the least interesting ways this could go.

They should have given Sheamus much more airtime, and not some three minute match.

TNA meanwhile busted out most of my wrestling deadpool list... 123 Kid, Hall, Nasty Boys (ha!), Jeff Hardy...Angle too, but he's not new. This may work for the short time, but they can't pull surprises like this every week, and it'll be clear soon enough that these guys can't all exist in the same company, much less deliver anything worth watching.

If and when the talent TNA stole from ROH (Styles, Homicide and Joe) move to the WWE, it's pretty much game over.
Pris

Postby belgavin » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:59 am

A few things I wanted to see on Raw that didn't happen:

- Bret and Hunter running into one another out the back and having some words
- Owen at least getting a mention (or did I miss it?)
- A better ending. Couldn't Bret have grabbed a mic and cut loose on Vince as he stood at the top of the ramp looking back? Calling him a sad old sonofabitch and he'll get what's coming to him or something? Bret getting up and then fading to black was crap
belgavin

Postby Pris » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:50 am

Well maybe next week they'll have Bret interact with Triple H...that's something I'd been wanting to see as well, since they talked so much shit for all these years.

Right now, it could develop into a pretty cool three way feud... with Vince + Randy Orton vs. Bret Hart (+ Hart Dynasty?) vs. DX...

TNA is like Dubai, piling up all thise shit that should be impressive, but amounts to absolutely nothing because there's no foundation, just a pissing contest.
Pris

Postby Nacho Novo » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:09 pm

WWE:

Bret's return had me quite emotional at the start. I'm fine with him and Shawn burying the hatchet, for now at least. What I did find weird is that he seemingly had no guest host involvement, nor did we have any indication that he'd be back next week. He got kicked in the balls and looked like a sad sack. Early days though.

The Miz, I love this guy. New entrance music seems to be another step in him looking absolutely legit as a main event star. His interaction with Maryse was off the charts amazing. He's found out he's got so much charisma that he can speak at whatever volume he wants and people are hooked. My tip for MITB.

HHH and Hornswoggle had a great little skit, people shouldn't be complaining about something that keeps HHH away from the title.

TNA:

Signing Jeff is astronomical. How they use him is another matter, but it seems to me like they're gonna have him tagging with Shannon Moore to begin with. Which sounds silly, but the next few weeks should be focused on making the old TNA guys like AJ and Joe look strong to a new audience.

Love seeing nWo back, love Bischoff. There was also a quality surrounding the show that it had previously lacked. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it seemed like all the fast paced Russo stuff of old was really fitting to a show that debuted so many new guys.

AJ/Angle match was shite, seemed like nothing but finishers.
Nacho Novo

Postby belgavin » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:01 am

Didn't watch Impact until today. All I could keep thinking when Hogan was out there talking up the company was how he's going to back away and say none of it was his fault when the ratings start tanking again in a month or so
belgavin

Postby lunatic96 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:47 am

Jack Swagger wrote:Angle vs AJ Styles is the best match I have ever seen. Better than hbk v taker

Jericho/Mysterio in the mask vs title match was probably the best match I've seen in the past year. Angle/Styles was good, but it was a little one-sided. Either Angle got all his offense in during the commercial breaks or he barely got any in. Styles doing his finisher 3 times +two 450 splashes was a little overkill. They need to learn how to pace the matches a little better.

Also, Samoa Joe is a fatass and completely unappealing to me as a wrestler. I don't see what anybody sees in him.

It's kind of funny how TNA signs Jeff Hardy who is basically appeals to the complete opposite of what TNA is going for as far as fan base, and then Jeff also gets indicted the day after.

Neither show was very good Monday, Smackdown continues to be the best wrestling show on by a considerable margin.
lunatic96

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....