Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby KPH » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:24 pm

Oh wow thanks for that. It’s been driving me nuts.

KPH

Postby Durham » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:42 am

lots of people seem to be having a nightmare time with Catalina but it's working fine on my early 2015 Macbook Air??

Durham

Postby hbb » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:59 am

Barthes Starr wrote:ok wow i just realized you can basically touch and hold your finger down by the spacebar to access the cursor, meaning your finger doesn't need to cover the text after all

For the new page. I never would have discovered this on my own. Thanks, Barthes Starr!
hbb

Postby quinine » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:11 am

it took me a while to figure out how to move the cursor *down* with that but if you just drag yr finger to the top after activating it then go down it works somehow, idk hard to explain
Dr. Norm Thagard wrote:You have truly outside yourself

quinine
ok

Postby esmuydavista » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:04 pm

Apple TV app is now on Roku which is great for those with lots of digital copies

esmuydavista

Postby Debbie » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:07 pm

Durham wrote:lots of people seem to be having a nightmare time with Catalina but it's working fine on my early 2015 Macbook Air??

installed it on my work machine

it's mostly fine but some apps (including the Adobe suite) just randomly crash like it's Windows ME

Debbie

Postby Lowercase Tea » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:20 pm

Catalina definitely got super weird with the music app. It kept taking up every bit of available space until the computer crashed.
Lowercase Tea

Postby Viz » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:48 am

Can't upgrade to Catalina since I'm still using an old 32-bit version of Office, and I'm worried that one day I'll accidently click Yes to the daily "Do you want to upgrade" messages that now pop up.
Viz

Postby saranclaps » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:31 am

i was using office 2008 and i actually finally uninstalled it last week. i added libreoffice which doesn't seem all that great but between google docs, pages, i think i can manage.
Real Love wrote:every once in a while saranclaps will try to do a funny and it's an extremely off note but I'm not totally convinced he's aware of what is happening

saranclaps

Postby gauchebag » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:54 pm

both my facebook and instagram apps, when i'm not on wifi won't load and say NO INTERNET CONNECTION

i updated both apps and have been googling around but haven't found a fix.

facebook is a big part of my cigarette breaks so this is a problem
bruce1: fucking, fighting, i'm the one with gun

gauchebag

Postby saranclaps » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:01 pm

quit cigarettes and facebook imo
Real Love wrote:every once in a while saranclaps will try to do a funny and it's an extremely off note but I'm not totally convinced he's aware of what is happening

saranclaps

Postby Clive » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:02 pm

Anyone know how to recover a deleted iMessage thread?

Clive

Postby Grey Poupon » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:11 pm

Clive wrote:Anyone know how to recover a deleted iMessage thread?

I tried and tried once but never found a solution because my messages were backed up on I cloud

The fact Apple has no mechanism to export your own data without buying some hacked together third party software full of caveats is one of the key reasons I dumped them
My listening experience in balanced mode reveals the great depth of EARTH

Grey Poupon

Postby Grey Poupon » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:11 pm

Clive wrote:Anyone know how to recover a deleted iMessage thread?

I tried and tried once but never found a solution because my messages were backed up on I cloud

The fact Apple has no mechanism to export your own data without buying some hacked together third party software full of caveats is one of the key reasons I dumped them
My listening experience in balanced mode reveals the great depth of EARTH

Grey Poupon

Postby Kevin McCallister » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:43 pm

My early 2013 Macbook Pro charger is turn at its ends, still charges and everything but I should probably get a replacement for when it inevitably clonks out.
Any reccs on a cheaper non-Apple charger or is this the type of thing where I'm better off with the official product?
kranky wrote:the monster mash isn't actually halloween specific and is just a monster party that could happen at any time.

Kevin McCallister

Postby Alice » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:10 pm

I’m having this kinda bullshit issue rn with my iPad Air which is like 4-5 yrs old at this point. Pretty sure age/wear isn’t the issue tho.

It won’t charge properly since the most recent update was installed a few weeks back (12.4.2). I’ve confirmed that the charging cable works fine, the port itself isn’t dirty, clogged, or damaged, and it won’t even charge after a hard reset. The charging bolt icon just doesn’t appear and the cable isn’t recognized at all. It has run down to dead multiple times and over the past few weeks so I just plug it back in occasionally, check it to unplug/replug multiple times hoping it will catch a charge. If it’s plugged in, it’ll reboot after it dies, work briefly then just die again and repeat. The fucked thing tho is that when it reboots it’ll show the charging bolt icon but it doesn’t actually charge. If I remove the cable the icon disappears and when I plug it in again the icon just stays gone. Nothing.

Eventually it miraculously charged one night and I was able to use it down the next day. Went to plug it in before bed and it’s the same problem. It dies and everything above is repeated until it catches another charge after a week of charge attempts. I use it all day and decide to wipe it to factory settings to see if that would help and it did! It was at like 10% when I did the wipe and when it booted back up to the Hello/Language device setup, it showed a lightning bolt and the battery percentage increased til it got to 100% again. Great.

I thought the problem was solved. Nope!

I setup the device and restored from a backup the first time. Used it all day again and ran it down and went to plug it in at less than 5%, cable doesn’t register again and it dies. I repeat everything above AGAIN until it manages to catch another charge after like another few days of attempting. The battery is probably nearing the end right?

I get that next charge up, use it to 50% again, do another factory reset, except this time I don’t restore it from a backup. Before doing anything I let it charge back up to 100% at the Hello screen again to confirm it can and it does. So this time I just setup up like it’s fresh from the box, but it still forces me to link it to the internet so it can setup my AppleID and presumably update itself automatically, which it does, but all my settings, data, etc. are gone. I check and yup it updated itself to 12.4.2 before I’ve even opened up my settings or an app or anything. I use it and go to charge it later and it’s the same issue again.

I called the Apple support line today and the first girl straight up hung up on me after I explained all this shit, so I immediately called back and the second phone rep ran a diagnostic of the device from their end and actually verbally confirmed with me that the battery is showing as fine, not damaged, etc. showing no problem from the diagnostic result. The battery is also not the problem then? Hm.

So basically I’ve confirmed that it’s only is able to charge itself on the Hello/Language select screen before I set it up and link it to my AppleID and initially setup the device. The moment I do that it it stops recognizing the charger again. It’s a software problem. Real annoyed rn!
Last edited by Alice on Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Alice

Postby Alice » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:13 pm

Another long post by Alice!

Calling Apple support again now

Alice

Postby quinine » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:36 pm

wow I just learned u can grab the scrollbar nub and drag it around on an iphone just like u can on a desktop

Kevin McCallister wrote:My early 2013 Macbook Pro charger is turn at its ends, still charges and everything but I should probably get a replacement for when it inevitably clonks out.
Any reccs on a cheaper non-Apple charger or is this the type of thing where I'm better off with the official product?

absolutely do not buy a 3rd-party charger for a non-usbC mac. I don't think such things can even be sold legally in the states

quinine
ok

Postby blab » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:50 pm

ya i think all those 3rd party chargers spark and either zap your battery or start a fire : S

blab

Postby building jumper » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:32 pm

Love how the album art is glitchy and wrong in the iOS 13 Music app now

building jumper

Postby quinine » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:21 pm

alice I missed yr post but that's a textbook "u just gotta bring it into the genius bar and not leave til they send it out for service" issue

quinine
ok

Postby Ted Pikul » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:02 am

how is it that iTunes still has that tiny gap between tracks

this is some bullshit
loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

"I bought a new garden hose mk 2"

Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby Ted Pikul » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:02 am

what's going on is unlistenable on iTunes
loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

"I bought a new garden hose mk 2"

Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby RIXX » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:36 am

building jumper wrote:Love how the album art is glitchy and wrong in the iOS 13 Music app now

I had to delete and resync ALL of my music because of this, it was annoying as fuck

RIXX

Postby Debbie » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:53 am

Apple stoinks

Debbie

Postby super gas » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:35 am

anyone got any clean 11 pro cover suggestions, or should i just got with the reg apple leather?

super gas

Postby building jumper » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:48 am

RIXX wrote:
building jumper wrote:Love how the album art is glitchy and wrong in the iOS 13 Music app now

I had to delete and resync ALL of my music because of this, it was annoying as fuck

I tried that and no dice. I’ll try it again. What a giant pain in the ass

building jumper

Postby Kevin McCallister » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:54 am

blab wrote:ya i think all those 3rd party chargers spark and either zap your battery or start a fire : S

Oof, glad I asked, thanks!
kranky wrote:the monster mash isn't actually halloween specific and is just a monster party that could happen at any time.

Kevin McCallister

Postby Subbacultcha » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:02 pm

super gas wrote:anyone got any clean 11 pro cover suggestions, or should i just got with the reg apple leather?

I thought about this for awhile and then realized: who cares, I'm going to get a new phone in 1 or 2 years anyways, so why be precious about it?

It feels so much better without a cover and I bought apple care so any serious damage is covered (cracked screen is $29 deductible). And if I do accidentally scratch the phone, then I'll buy a cover or dbrand skin to hide the scratch.

I'm sorry. That didn't answer your question.

Subbacultcha

Postby super gas » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:31 pm

no i actually have been going commando with my current iphone 8 and i just feel like i should get a case because it's the responsible thing to do but not sure why. it's a company phone and they pay for one cracked screen.

i guess i am more worried about scratching the lenses anyways, if that is even a thing?

super gas

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....