Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby RIXX » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:37 am

I love the feature in iOS 13 where a pop-up will inform you how much certain apps have been using your location in the background

I got one this morning telling me that Facebook had been using it 45 times in the past day, despite the fact that I literally never open up or go on Facebook anymore. and it gives a little explanation from the creator and it always feels like the app got caught in the act and is trying to defend itself, "oh i'm collecting data to provide better customized ads for you, etc etc" FUCK YOU. it feels good to press "no, do not allow"

RIXX

Postby Ted Pikul » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:40 am

the share sheets and copy-paste improvements on iOS13 should have been implemented years ago
loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

"I bought a new garden hose mk 2"

Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby RIXX » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:50 am

Lol @ iOS FINALLY getting Swype in 2019

(I know it was possible before with third party keyboards, I used one, but iOS 13 is the first time it’s part of the main iPhone keyboard (it’s called “swipe typing” under keyboard settings)

RIXX

Postby Debbie » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:36 am

absolutely insane that people haven't been swipe keyboarding since it was invented

once you get good at it you're in that 100wpm range

Debbie

Postby powderfinger » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:40 am

the learning curve on swiping has always felt steep to me and I've never been able to make it stick

it only works for me if I stop and think out the spelling and swipe before I make a movement, which is not how I've ever approached typing or writing

powderfinger

Postby Ted Pikul » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:42 am

so far it seems way worse than the Swype app but maybe I'm too used to it
loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby RIXX » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:54 am

powderfinger wrote:the learning curve on swiping has always felt steep to me and I've never been able to make it stick

it only works for me if I stop and think out the spelling and swipe before I make a movement, which is not how I've ever approached typing or writing

I feel like the learning curve really just consists of learning to trust that it’s pretty forgiving and it’ll get what you’re aiming for, so you don’t stop after every word to make sure it’s right

Do you have to think about the spelling of a word when you type it normally? I feel like with swype it still is a pretty automatic thing with my brain, or if not, I’m reminding myself what the last letter is mid-swipe thu the word

RIXX

Postby deadwolfbones » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:31 am

swiping is natural for me at this point but I've been doing it for almost a decade
dead was real dumb

deadwolfbones

Postby RIXX » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:17 am

i've been taking some test photos this morning and fucccc...night mode might be one of the most exciting updates with this new phone. the low light photos taken by my 11 pro max are fucking amazing. i'll post some pictures once my coworker shows up and I can hijack his XS for some comparison shots

RIXX

Postby RIXX » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:22 am

pretty stoked for iPadOS today. i'm gonna use Sidecar to make my 12.9 ipad pro into an output preview monitor for while video editing on my imac pro...frees up my other two acer monitors for workflow stuff
Last edited by RIXX on Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

RIXX

Postby Debbie » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:23 am

RIXX wrote:
powderfinger wrote:the learning curve on swiping has always felt steep to me and I've never been able to make it stick

I feel like the learning curve really just consists of learning to trust that it’s pretty forgiving and it’ll get what you’re aiming for, so you don’t stop after every word to make sure it’s right

Do you have to think about the spelling of a word when you type it normally? I feel like with swype it still is a pretty automatic thing with my brain, or if not, I’m reminding myself what the last letter is mid-swipe thu the word

yeah most of the time i swipe without looking and it gets it like 90% of the time

Debbie

Postby Debbie » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:25 am

ipados looks so much like android it's bizarre

Debbie

Postby rich uncle skeleton » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:14 am

RIXX wrote:pretty stoked for iPadOS today. i'm gonna use Sidecar to make my 12.9 ipad pro into an output preview monitor for while video editing on my imac pro...frees up my other two acer monitors for workflow stuff

This doesn't work yet right? Doesn't it need a mac with Catalina to run?

rich uncle skeleton

Postby super gas » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:05 am

surprisingly excited about pados, prepared to be let down though.

super gas

Postby spix et chicho » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:25 am

I am also very excited about paedos
CIARA IS DEFIANTLY A MAN AND ITS DISGUSTING MY CUZIN WAS THROWING UP FOR 2 WEEKSM YUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK PLEASE SIGN THIS B/C THATS JSUT HERENDOUZ

spix et chicho

Postby Debbie » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:40 am

OSXpstein

Debbie

Postby notblues » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:40 pm

does anyone else feel like the update totally fucked the ability to place the cursor between individual letters
notblues

Postby Buddy Glass » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:14 pm

notblues wrote:does anyone else feel like the update totally fucked the ability to place the cursor between individual letters

Yeah it does feel like something has changed for the worse there
What became of her? She lived, as she liked to say, off the kindness of gentlemen. I assume she’s dead.

Buddy Glass

Postby RIXX » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:39 am

What the fuck. You can’t increase font size in the native gmail app in iOS or iPadOS. You have to increase the font size settings overall of your iPad or iPHone in accessibility options in order to change the font size of the gmail message. That is fucking insane

RIXX

Postby Debbie » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:52 am

Doing stuff in logic it's apparent how short lived MacBooks are Jesus I can barely do five tracks on my four year old mbp

Debbie

Postby Debbie » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:53 am

My three year old work machine fan goes nuts just trying to compile simple programs I hate these fucking things

Debbie

Postby Debbie » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:54 am

Now my dumb ass is looking at a Mac mini so I can at least spec it up cheaply and it's like I'm not learning

Debbie

Postby Debbie » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:54 am

I actually hate Apple

Debbie

Postby RIXX » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:12 am

I hate Apple too

My friends always give me shit because I was a fiercely militant anti-Apple activist for years and years, I’d annoy my friends by constantly posting about all the amazing features of my Android phones (HTC One, LG G3, etc) and how Apple would celebrate and talk up when they added new features that had been on Android for years. I loved fully customizing my phones with new skins, new launching systems, etc

Then I got a job video editing where I’d be working on an iMac all day, and they gently recommended that I get a MacBook Pro so that I could work remotely at times when needed. I did that, and then a couple months into the job, decided I’d TRY an iPhone 6. The fact that I could airdrop things from my iPhone to my iMac to my MacBook was extremely convenient, and of course iMessage changed how I communicate, I chatted with all of my blue bubbled friends more often, on all of my devices. I suck at texting on phones, so sending messages on a computer was revelatory to me.

So now, four years later, I have a 12.9” iPad Pro with an Apple Pencil, iPhone 11 Max Pro, MacBook Pro, Apple Watch S3, Apple TV 4K, and an expensive as fuck iMac Pro that belongs to my work. I would love more than anything to leave this fucking stupid ecosystem and get a Pixel, but I’m trapped in the belly of this horrible machine. Apple has successfully walled me off from the outside of this ecosystem

RIXX

Postby Durham » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:24 am

I have a pretty similar trajectory to that. I was pretty happy having made the switch to Apple until maybe 2 years ago when build quality and “it just works!” started to become things of the past

Durham

Postby Debbie » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:24 am

I just wish their shit world last

Obsolescence by design drives me nuts

Debbie

Postby Debbie » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:25 am

Like I have to get a new work computer and literally all I do is web browse and run an IDE that's fucking insane

Debbie

Postby Durham » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:29 am

It’s insane that having a bunch of apple products still only gives you 5gb of iCloud space like if you only had one. They steal 12$ a year from me because they can

Durham

Postby Ted Pikul » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:49 am

Durham wrote:It’s insane that having a bunch of apple products still only gives you 5gb of iCloud space like if you only had one. They steal 12$ a year from me because they can

yeah I switched to google photos so I could back up my phone

Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby super gas » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:03 am

i pay $0.99 a month for 50gb on icloud, seems sufficient so far. you must have a shit ton of photos...

super gas

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....