Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Lowercase Tea » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:16 pm

Do they sound like when Apple used to sell in ear headphones like 10 years ago?
Lowercase Tea

Postby buboclot » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:19 pm

i grabbed the pro airpods this morning. clearly the OGs are a hit but they were a nonstarter for me due to fit and lack of seal. plus knew this day would come eventually.

price is steep and borderline offensive but to powderfinger’s point, reg airpods at $199 was preposterous.

seal and sound quality are great to me. still wary they’ll fly out but were fine on a brisk walk home. likewise pulling them out of the case - theyre a bit slippery. would be careful on train platform etc.

buboclot

Postby Happy and Healthy! » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:24 pm

jesus no what are you bozos doing

Happy and Healthy!

Postby wintergreen » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:32 pm

looks like they fixed/reverted select/copy/paste and double click to fit text in 13.2.

wintergreen

Postby Buddy Glass » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:40 pm

I got an 11 Pro today and I like it so far, with a few minor exceptions. I don't really like not having the home button, I don't like not having the battery percentage at the top right, and swiping up to switch apps definitely takes me longer/has some failed attempts.

On the plus side the cameras are great and the battery life seems like a nice improvement.

I ordered a case that was supposed to be here today but got delayed and I'm terrified of dropping this slippery thing before it manages to get here
What became of her? She lived, as she liked to say, off the kindness of gentlemen. I assume she’s dead.

Buddy Glass

Postby super gas » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:19 pm

what case did you get bg?

super gas

Postby wintergreen » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:36 pm

feel like my battery life is worse since upgrading to 13.2. anyone else noticing that?

wintergreen

Postby super gas » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:51 pm

yeah i'm waiting for my 11 pro to arrive at work and since upgrading my 8 to iOS 13.2 the battery lasts like two hours.

super gas

Postby esmuydavista » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:06 pm

wintergreen wrote:feel like my battery life is worse since upgrading to 13.2. anyone else noticing that?

Yes for sure. Pro max 11. Fucking Apple

esmuydavista

Postby esmuydavista » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:08 pm

Buddy Glass wrote:I got an 11 Pro today and I like it so far, with a few minor exceptions. I don't really like not having the home button, I don't like not having the battery percentage at the top right, and swiping up to switch apps definitely takes me longer/has some failed attempts.

On the plus side the cameras are great and the battery life seems like a nice improvement.

I ordered a case that was supposed to be here today but got delayed and I'm terrified of dropping this slippery thing before it manages to get here

The battery percentage thing hasn’t been around for at least two or three updates. You’ll get used to the home button stuff I haven’t had one in a long time and can’t imagine having to press a button anymore

esmuydavista

Postby Buddy Glass » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:10 pm

super gas wrote:what case did you get bg?

A super cheap clear one ($6) called "STOON"

I'll probably get a nicer one at some point, but in the short term I just want something to keep me from breaking it. I went with the Midnight Green color so I'd like to actually be able to see that for a little while at least.

Got any nicer cases you've been eyeing?
What became of her? She lived, as she liked to say, off the kindness of gentlemen. I assume she’s dead.

Buddy Glass

Postby Buddy Glass » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:13 pm

esmuydavista wrote:The battery percentage thing hasn’t been around for at least two or three updates. You’ll get used to the home button stuff I haven’t had one in a long time and can’t imagine having to press a button anymore

I still had it on my iPhone 8 running 13.2, but I know it's been gone from everything post-8 with the indention/curves at the top.

Yeah, I'm digging the swipe up for home, at this point it's just switching apps where I feel like I get a bit slowed down vs what I'm used to. We'll see though.

I actually have barely had a chance to touch the phone since getting it set up earlier because I'm syncing all my music back onto it. I should probably just play around with it some and let the rest sync overnight.

I was relieved that iTunes under Mojave would still sync to this phone because my desktop isn't running Catalina yet. I've held back on upgrading because I do a lot of audio post and some of the big plugin manufacturers have said to hold off because of Catalina eliminating 32-bit support. Ah, technology.

Buddy Glass

Postby esmuydavista » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:11 pm

Buddy Glass wrote:

I'll probably get a nicer one at some point, but in the short term I just want something to keep me from breaking it. I went with the Midnight Green color so I'd like to actually be able to see that for a little while at least.

I got a speck clear case which is expensive (40$) but you won’t have to worry about damage unless you really fuck up. This is the second one I’ve had for 2 phones

esmuydavista

Postby esmuydavista » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:31 pm

Buddy Glass wrote:

I got a speck clear case which is expensive (40$) but you won’t have to worry about damage unless you really fuck up. This is the second one I’ve had for 2 phones

esmuydavista

Postby super gas » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:37 pm

Buddy Glass wrote:

been looking a bit online for suggestions but i haven't found anything special. i'll probably just go with an apple leather case.

super gas

Postby wintergreen » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:42 pm

Buddy Glass wrote:
esmuydavista wrote:The battery percentage thing hasn’t been around for at least two or three updates. You’ll get used to the home button stuff I haven’t had one in a long time and can’t imagine having to press a button anymore

I still had it on my iPhone 8 running 13.2, but I know it's been gone from everything post-8 with the indention/curves at the top.

Yeah, I'm digging the swipe up for home, at this point it's just switching apps where I feel like I get a bit slowed down vs what I'm used to. We'll see though.

you may already know this, but you can swipe left and right on that little line that sits near the bottom of the screen (when viewing an app) to switch between the most recently used apps.

wintergreen

Postby Buddy Glass » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:23 am

wintergreen wrote:you may already know this, but you can swipe left and right on that little line that sits near the bottom of the screen (when viewing an app) to switch between the most recently used apps.

I did NOT know that, this definitely suits me better, thanks! Much of the time I just want to copy/paste something from one app into another so this is perfect.

Buddy Glass

Postby deadwolfbones » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:52 am

These recommendations, they are good: https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-iphone-11-cases/
dead was real dumb

deadwolfbones

Postby saranclaps » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:08 am

i've used the same monoprice $5 case for like two years and its worked ok.
Real Love wrote:every once in a while saranclaps will try to do a funny and it's an extremely off note but I'm not totally convinced he's aware of what is happening

saranclaps

Postby super gas » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:48 pm

gf got the airpods pro and i can confirm that the now discontinued apple-in ear headphones that i still buy on ebay for $35 bucks sounds better:

^ best audio product apple has ever released.

super gas

Postby Lowercase Tea » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:38 am

Oh man, that is a relief. I loved those things when I had them and felt like they were generally the most comfortable in ears. Glad to know I can pick em up on ebay.
Lowercase Tea

Postby super gas » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:48 am

you might be kidding but i've been using these for some ten years now, i haven't found any in-ear headphone that i like better and i have tried a lot,

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-In-Ear-Headphones-with-Remote-and-Mic/323493026919

super gas

Postby super gas » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:25 am

futher sg review of airpods pro,

tried them on the subway this morning and didn't realize that 'noise cancellation' was turned on. not sure how this can be called noise cancellation, to me just as much as with any in-ear headphones. the transparency mode was bizarre, it's like it mics the environment around you, no idea why anyone would want that. for calls maybe?

super gas

Postby jack » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:29 am

i use the transparency mode on my jabras when i run so i can at least kind of hear when a car is approaching or whatever

jack

Postby Ted Pikul » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:42 am

super gas wrote:best audio product apple has ever released.

uh may I remind you about the IPOD HI-FI
loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

"I bought a new garden hose mk 2"

Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby super gas » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:44 am

jack wrote:i use the transparency mode on my jabras when i run so i can at least kind of hear when a car is approaching or whatever

wouldn't turning off noise cancellation be enough for that?

super gas

Postby powderfinger » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:45 am

true heads remember the original Apple in-ear headphones

powderfinger

Postby Lowercase Tea » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:18 am

powderfinger wrote:true heads remember the original Apple in-ear headphones

I wasn't kidding and oh shit those were them! Also, trying to find a solid workout headphone for my fiance but this fucking no headphone jack shit has made everything impossible.
Lowercase Tea

Postby Ted Pikul » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:29 am

loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

"I bought a new garden hose mk 2"

Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby super gas » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:49 am

my first thought was that it might be because his wife has a bad credit rating but

super gas

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....