Apple Event

Health insurance rip off lying FDA big bankers buying
Fake computer crashes dining
Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby brent » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:01 am

Jesus wrote:
Ted Pikul wrote:iPod Classic costs more than the Touch, lol

it's also better. the touch is a piece of shit. plus, only the cheapest touch is less than the classic and i'd rather have a 160 gb classic than an 8gb touch.


you're insane
User avatar

brent
 
Posts: 33728
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:20 pm
Location: ...the good life

Postby Colonel Longshanks » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:15 am

brent wrote:
Jesus wrote:
Ted Pikul wrote:iPod Classic costs more than the Touch, lol

it's also better. the touch is a piece of shit. plus, only the cheapest touch is less than the classic and i'd rather have a 160 gb classic than an 8gb touch.


you're insane

I have both...the classic is only better in that I don't have to be constantly adjusting my library to squeeze things on the dinky touch
User avatar

Colonel Longshanks
 
Posts: 1093
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:59 pm
Location: Finger Lickin' Good

Postby Zurich » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:21 am

if you can afford an iphone, I don't see the point of having a touch
User avatar

Zurich
 
Posts: 8753
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:27 pm
Location: mich-again

Postby cram » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:22 am

why would you have any ipod if you had an iphone?
User avatar

cram
 
Posts: 7884
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:36 pm
Location: jack-knifed over his flying fist

Postby spix et chicho » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:24 am

i have an ipod classic and an iphone. my phone has been running slow enough as it is without having 7 gigs of music on it, which isn't very much. if you like music a lot why wouldn't you have an ipod as well?
CIARA IS DEFIANTLY A MAN AND ITS DISGUSTING MY CUZIN WAS THROWING UP FOR 2 WEEKSM YUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK PLEASE SIGN THIS B/C THATS JSUT HERENDOUZ
User avatar

spix et chicho
 
Posts: 25171
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:21 pm
Location: montreal

Postby Ted Pikul » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:26 am

I have an iPod classic (or more accurately a 30gb ipod I got in 2005) I use in the car. My iphone is only 8gb and doesnt work with my radio adapter

Ive been thinking of getting a 160gb classic for a while because Im the kind of person who has to have 160gb of music to choose from when he drives to work, but the price is still to high
loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

"I bought a new garden hose mk 2"
User avatar

Ted Pikul
DARE.
 
Posts: 40557
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:01 pm
Location: 41*705312

Postby Colonel Longshanks » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:35 am

Ted Pikul wrote:I have an iPod classic (or more accurately a 30gb ipod I got in 2005) I use in the car. My iphone is only 8gb and doesnt work with my radio adapter

Ive been thinking of getting a 160gb classic for a while because Im the kind of person who has to have 160gb of music to choose from when he drives to work, but the price is still to high

I got a slightly discounted 160gb...well worth it...use it all the time
User avatar

Colonel Longshanks
 
Posts: 1093
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:59 pm
Location: Finger Lickin' Good

Postby Ted Pikul » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:36 am

Apple.com has refurbished ones for about $200 once in a while
loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

"I bought a new garden hose mk 2"
User avatar

Ted Pikul
DARE.
 
Posts: 40557
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:01 pm
Location: 41*705312

Postby endless dave » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:37 am

having had my 80gb ipod stolen and then having to move to my 8gb iphone, I got use to it real quick and realize that I didn't need or listen to a 1/3 of the music on my ipod. 8gb was a little small, but I'm at 32gb now and find it more than enough
User avatar

endless dave
 
Posts: 5510
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:25 pm

Postby husbands » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:40 am

sometimes I want to hear some specific song I haven't listened to in forever and when that happens, classic got my bacc. also my phone has a ton of videos and photos and crap, so I only put about 6-10gb of music on it at any time. and most importantly, having both means I can play the classic in the car stereo and not have to unplug it every time I get a call
ROLL COAL
User avatar

husbands
 
Posts: 11503
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:07 pm

Postby Ted Pikul » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:41 am

My commute takes 45 minutes or so so I like to listen to full albums
loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

"I bought a new garden hose mk 2"
User avatar

Ted Pikul
DARE.
 
Posts: 40557
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:01 pm
Location: 41*705312

Postby Ted Pikul » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:09 am

...or does it? *wink*
loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

"I bought a new garden hose mk 2"
User avatar

Ted Pikul
DARE.
 
Posts: 40557
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:01 pm
Location: 41*705312

Postby brent » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:10 am

i dunno man i'm sitting here having a good time lounging around in the apple store, "liking" music that is already in my library

it shows who i am as a person
User avatar

brent
 
Posts: 33728
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:20 pm
Location: ...the good life

Postby Automatic » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:16 am

Oroku wrote:Ping is the biggest joke in history. It aims to be a facebook/last.fm hybrid, but it's literally nothing at all.


This.

I signed up and then...??

It only posts to your profile when you buy a song/album. Why can't I recommend a song or an album and have that go to the profile? Also, I couldn't care less about what Lady GaGa is listening to. Useless.


I have a Blackberry (work) and a 160 gb classic iPod (that I keep as a backup and use to access my entire library at all times). I was really hoping for a 32 gb nano in the old form factor (for commuting). That new one looks a bit ridiculous.
User avatar

Automatic
 
Posts: 2736
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:10 am
Location: toronto

Postby dreamshake » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:42 pm

ping is terrible. last fm is so much better. i figured that apple would've had a scrobbling feature because its makes the most sense to build your library that way.
Last edited by dreamshake on Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hologram ride the whip
User avatar

dreamshake
 
Posts: 4226
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 8:03 pm

Postby No Good Advice » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:46 pm

Spotify already automatically imports all your facebook contacts so you see what they're listening to, you can send tracks to them, choose what you want to send to your FB profile etc etc etc. Apple are just late to the (fairly uninteresting) game.
User avatar

No Good Advice
 
Posts: 9382
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:59 pm

Postby sultanpepper » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:56 pm

Hugh wrote:Ordered a 27 inch iMac last night for the new apartment and grabbed a 2nd generation iPod Touch (32 GB) for $100 (after rebate) as part of the back to school promotion.


the 27" imac might be the perfect computer, design-wise
User avatar

sultanpepper
 
Posts: 2870
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:01 am

Postby delorean » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:28 pm

so if youre in the grid view and you're scrolling around when a song plays - when it finishes it automatically scrolls back down to the album of the song you just finished
wtf
User avatar

delorean
 
Posts: 3763
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:24 am
Location: around town

Postby sultanpepper » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:34 pm

the vertical orientation of the close/minimize/resize buttons in the main player window infuriates me for some reason. seems like apple's given up completely on following their own self-professed GUI guidelines
User avatar

sultanpepper
 
Posts: 2870
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:01 am

Postby Turner_Brown » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:35 pm

sultanpepper wrote:the vertical orientation of the close/minimize/resize buttons in the main player window infuriates me for some reason. seems like apple's given up completely on following their own self-professed GUI guidelines


yeah, this was pretty random and unnecessary.
"You dumb piece of shit" - Erik Cheer
User avatar

Turner_Brown
 
Posts: 3128
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:13 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby Smiling Penner-Lite » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:36 pm

No Good Advice wrote:Spotify already automatically imports all your facebook contacts so you see what they're listening to, you can send tracks to them, choose what you want to send to your FB profile etc etc etc. Apple are just late to the (fairly uninteresting) game.


I'd probably support Spotify in Canada.
User avatar

Smiling Penner-Lite
 
Posts: 7241
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:21 pm

Postby Shost » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:46 pm

delorean wrote:so if youre in the grid view and you're scrolling around when a song plays - when it finishes it automatically scrolls back down to the album of the song you just finished
wtf


This drives me nuts, but it isn't new to iTunes 10.
User avatar

Shost
 
Posts: 8015
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:27 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby sultanpepper » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:47 pm

Turner_Brown wrote:
sultanpepper wrote:the vertical orientation of the close/minimize/resize buttons in the main player window infuriates me for some reason. seems like apple's given up completely on following their own self-professed GUI guidelines


yeah, this was pretty random and unnecessary.


same could be said for the icon redesign
User avatar

sultanpepper
 
Posts: 2870
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:01 am

Postby Ted Pikul » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:54 pm

sultanpepper wrote:
Turner_Brown wrote:
sultanpepper wrote:the vertical orientation of the close/minimize/resize buttons in the main player window infuriates me for some reason. seems like apple's given up completely on following their own self-professed GUI guidelines


yeah, this was pretty random and unnecessary.


same could be said for the icon redesign


Reminds me that when itunes first came out, the ability to rip CD's was a Big Deal
loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

"I bought a new garden hose mk 2"
User avatar

Ted Pikul
DARE.
 
Posts: 40557
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:01 pm
Location: 41*705312

Postby Products7074740 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:03 pm

Oroku wrote:my imagination was going wild when they announced ping, such a disappointment.


i was at least hoping for some last.fm "what this person has been listening to lately"

but im struggling to find the slightest bit of intrigue with it in its current state.

i mean if its really going to be based on what people are BUYING form the itunes store than good luck what a piece of shit
User avatar

Products7074740
 
Posts: 798
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:02 pm

Postby Products7074740 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:08 pm

sultanpepper wrote:
Turner_Brown wrote:
sultanpepper wrote:the vertical orientation of the close/minimize/resize buttons in the main player window infuriates me for some reason. seems like apple's given up completely on following their own self-professed GUI guidelines


yeah, this was pretty random and unnecessary.


same could be said for the icon redesign


itunes has always seemed to be the one app that they experiment with non-uniform gui elements with.

Remember when i tunes was the only app to have that brushed metal thing going on? I don't think the icon is bad, its justified because people don't really use cds anymore. I suppose the vertical buttons are based on the value of more vertical window space at the cost of (less valuable) horizontal window space. But granted, its not much and doesnt seem worth it to throw off the uniformity of the ui.
User avatar

Products7074740
 
Posts: 798
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:02 pm

Postby delorean » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:34 pm

Shost wrote:
delorean wrote:so if youre in the grid view and you're scrolling around when a song plays - when it finishes it automatically scrolls back down to the album of the song you just finished
wtf


This drives me nuts, but it isn't new to iTunes 10.

no, this never happened in old versions
User avatar

delorean
 
Posts: 3763
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:24 am
Location: around town

Postby Shost » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:59 pm

delorean wrote:
Shost wrote:
delorean wrote:so if youre in the grid view and you're scrolling around when a song plays - when it finishes it automatically scrolls back down to the album of the song you just finished
wtf


This drives me nuts, but it isn't new to iTunes 10.

no, this never happened in old versions


Yes, it happened in list view in version 9.
User avatar

Shost
 
Posts: 8015
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:27 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby delorean » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:28 pm

who uses list view
User avatar

delorean
 
Posts: 3763
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:24 am
Location: around town

Postby Shost » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:29 pm

oh good point
User avatar

Shost
 
Posts: 8015
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:27 pm
Location: Chicago

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: A WOMAN IN TROUBLE, acapelli, AdamThomas, Bad Craziness, bluelips, budlite supernova, can, Daft Pun, down with homework, dreamshake, fakename, folkface, Future, futurist, garbiel, goldmatt, grace cathedral park, grammatron, gskrap, guaranteed mediocrity, hologram, jalapeño ranch, jca, Jefferson Zeppelin, joeylevels, Jouster, lights, Locke, mactheo, marble, Meeps, Milk, Milquetoaster Strudels, mondrary, normal finkenstein, Organic Croutons, patchperfect, quilty, rancho madre, razzle, robotculinaire, Ron, scurrydog, Skerple, Smelly_Elevator, southpaw, surly, sushi x, Swelling Itching Brain, the real ashley olsen, timbrrr, trampoline, unbiaseddairylodge, v h g, wakeman, walt, worrywort and 105 guests