2010 NCAA Football Week 1 thread: Click Clack

Let's talk Aguachile Alley

Postby pinkerton » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:37 am

i wonder how many people will actually be watching auburn-miss st. this thursday with minnesota/new orleans a couple of channels over
it's going to be a great game though
predicting another 300+ yard game from cam newton though

pinkerton

Postby incandenza » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:13 pm

it's not exactly like major conference teams are clamoring to play Boise, so for them to schedule a decent opponent takes a lot of hand-wringing and siding the set-up in the opponent's favor(no home-and-home, for instance, or huge payout to travel).

That said, their future non-con games are against mississippi, byu, washington state, so maybe a little more effort toward the bigger schools wouldnt hurt.

incandenza

Postby surly » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:50 pm

lordofdiapers wrote:damn it Greedo will forever fuck that word for me

surly
the insult bastard

Postby Gene Parmesan » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:00 pm

despite nearly doubling maryland in time of possession and total yardage, navy shit the bed in the red zone like 4 times yesterday. it might have been one of the most dominating miserable performances i've ever watched.

Gene Parmesan

Postby brent » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:18 pm

humanpanty wrote:
brent wrote:boise st never loses

except most of the time when they play against bcs conference opponents. They are now 5-9 against bcs conference opponents during the regular season in the 2000s.

recent history:

taking down va tech on the road

undefeated with wins against tcu and oregon (both ending the season in the top 10)

1 loss to tcu, with a win over oregon (again, both ending the season in the top 10)

their worst year without a doubt. no impressive wins.

undefeated with wins against oregon state and oklahoma (osu just missing top 20 and ou just missing top 10)

so basically they had one bad year out of the last 4, which was the stopgap between zabransky and moore. other than that, they have 1 loss to a TCU team that finished in the top 10, and a handful of wins against pretty notable programs

i think they could win the national championship this year, but right now i could see at least 3 bcs conference teams going undefeated sadly, so they prob won't get a shot

brent

Postby beave » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:55 pm

pinkerton wrote:i wonder how many people will actually be watching auburn-miss st. this thursday with minnesota/new orleans a couple of channels over
it's going to be a great game though
predicting another 300+ yard game from cam newton though

two die-hard state fan friends of mine will be watching the no/minny game at my place. we may flip over to the msu game during commercials.
beave

Postby pinkerton » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:48 pm

ingram didn't practice today
not sure it matters, richardson might actually be better

pinkerton

Previous

Return to Aguachile Alley