Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby wolfie » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:19 pm

These bottom bracket tools are gonna wreck my bank account

Mostly how are you supposed to properly torque this shit? Do I need like a $100 torque wrench? My existing one was already $40 but it's not heavy duty enough for these torque specs
אחד

"our in-toilet cameras show people are shitting all over these toilets"

wolfie

Postby Mynx Butticus » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:31 pm

Any recs for cheap road bike wheel sets? I mean CHEAP. I’m trying to fix up an old bike for my girlfriend and the wheels are completely fucked. Would usually just hit up the bike scrapyard for this, but I guess that’s not really an option these days

Mynx Butticus

Postby badhat » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:02 pm

wolfie wrote:I hate feeling like my legs aren't extending enough

It's such a fine line

i am a big fan of riding with a minitool and tweaking kn rhe go.

my rules are only tweak one thing at a time and unless its glaringly wrong/painful, give it at least 15 minutes to see if it works
There’s no path to a satisfying conclusion at this point.

badhat

Postby fraew » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:02 am

Mynx Butticus wrote:Any recs for cheap road bike wheel sets? I mean CHEAP. I’m trying to fix up an old bike for my girlfriend and the wheels are completely fucked. Would usually just hit up the bike scrapyard for this, but I guess that’s not really an option these days

just scour the 2nd hand's for cheap clinchers - best bet would be to buy a front and a rear separately as people often sell the remaining wheel when they've taco'd the other half

fraew

Postby fraew » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:03 am

I've developed a bit of a strain pain riding indoors lately - a bit of an annoying pain on the outside of my left hip/pelvis. I guess I need to adjust my fit a bit - i was all planning on getting a professional aero-fit prior to the lockdown (new TT bike) but I never got the chance...

fraew

Postby wolfie » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:36 am

Like i.t. band shit?

I frequently get that on my left side, probably because of how I sleep. I foam roller it. It's excruciating, so I know it's working lol
אחד

wolfie

Postby shizaam » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:26 pm

shizaam

Postby badhat » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:00 pm

whoa.

rist canyon is a really well known stretch outside of Fort Collins. we call that section “the wall”.

its pretty fuckin intense. the straightness of it really fucks you up.

when i designed stage 6 of the 2015 USA Pro Challenge To go over it, the locals were pissed at me cuz it everyone out of the top 40 in strava. lol.

its also a really popular downhill bodyboarding speed trial area for the same reason. straight and controllable with a long straight at the bottom.

badhat

Postby shizaam » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:30 pm

oh man, bet that just crushed the strava leaderboards forever

love that this is like... over my 20 min. threshhold ftp for... 7 hours straight a few days after food poisoning

shizaam

Postby wolfie » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:53 pm

Man do these synthetic bike shoes break in at all? Mine are squeezing my toe box basically until I go numb. Thought it would soften up but nothing yet. It's that fake assed leather so maybe it doesn't stretch? Might have to return these
אחד

wolfie

Postby glam2deaf » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:23 pm

I know today was all about the launch of the new Emonda, but we finally got a Domane SLR in my size here at the office. I've just taken it for a blast and holy shit what a bike. The Domane was always a bike I thought was pretty cool, but took myself too seriously as a racer to get an 'endurance bike'. Now it pretty much ticks every box I have. It's almost a shame it's a carbon frame, I really don't have any desire to own another carbon fibre bike anymore.

glam2deaf

Postby badhat » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:43 am

“ Here's an interesting coincidence, a 16 year old Lachlan Morton won his first P12 road race on Rist Canyon 12 years TO THE DAY before he took the #everestingchallenge world record on that same road. Here he is pictured the Real Aussie Kids yellow kit on June 20th 2008 climbing Rist.”

badhat

Postby brittle » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:24 am

He has to do it again because the Strava segment elevation was a few feet off, so compounded over however many dozen attempts it took to compete the challenge, he didn't actually do enough cloning

brittle

Postby Jefferson Zeppelin » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:03 am

Jefferson Zeppelin

Postby brittle » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:05 am

Hell yeah, did it faster too!

brittle

Postby southpaw » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:48 am

Y’all riding today?

I’m trying to pack all of my favorite activities in today, gardening, grilling carne asada, eating weed gummies, climbing 4K, drinking wine, napping

Also have we talked about the global bike/product shortage yet?

southpaw

Postby Jefferson Zeppelin » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:47 am

southpaw wrote:I’m trying to pack all of my favorite activities in today, gardening, grilling carne asada, eating weed gummies, climbing 4K, drinking wine, napping

I feel like the order matters a lot here :D

Jefferson Zeppelin

Postby brittle » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:30 pm

Rode the MTB already. Rock climbing before dinner.

Prolly gonna smoke some weed at some point

brittle

Postby shizaam » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:10 pm

wanted to go long this morning, and rolled out at 7:30. about a mile in sprung a massive sealant leak, a shitty little cut that had been seeping on and off for a couple weeks, and after a long ride on trash roads yesterday, it finally gave out. got home, plugged it, topped up sealant on both tires, and just did some general maintenance for like two hours. once it cools down this evening going to head out for an hour or two.

shizaam

Postby shizaam » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:13 pm

jesus christ

shizaam

Postby fraew » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:56 pm

So, i'm a qualified STMS (Site Traffic Management Supervisor) now... I got too many cycling-related hats! I just wanna ride my bike...

fraew

Postby southpaw » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:38 pm

Jefferson Zeppelin wrote:
southpaw wrote:I’m trying to pack all of my favorite activities in today, gardening, grilling carne asada, eating weed gummies, climbing 4K, drinking wine, napping

I feel like the order matters a lot here :D

Checked all these boxes except the nap and wine. Bonus, my family is making me some sort of raspberry/blueberry dessert and bought ice cream. Also, I have gulped massive rivers of coffee and listened to Blank Check on the ride.
Last edited by southpaw on Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

southpaw

Postby shizaam » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:34 am

my friend's got a hybrid trek bike (verve 2, i think), and they're thinking about going to SPD pedals (easy) and drop bars. is that kind of conversion just more trouble and cost than it's worth?

shizaam

Postby VHGisdead » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:50 am

They'd have to replace a bunch of stuff in all likelihood and after all the work and expense it still may not turn out very well due to having changed the geometry of the bike. If they Google around about this they will see that basically every one says don't do it
Bought this at the mall I'm gonna wear this at the mall.

VHGisdead

Postby wolfie » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:53 am

anybody using gloves that are good for the summer? these pearl izumi ones i have get absolutely soaked with sweat, to the point where it's like i just doused them in water. kind of gross.
אחד

wolfie

Postby warmjets » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:03 am

i spent over an hour trying to change the tube and tire on my hybrid, still couldnt get it done lol

am i a failure? its way more difficult than it should be i feel like

warmjets

Postby shizaam » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:09 am

VHGisdead wrote:They'd have to replace a bunch of stuff in all likelihood and after all the work and expense it still may not turn out very well due to having changed the geometry of the bike. If they Google around about this they will see that basically every one says don't do it

yeah was kinda getting that sense, thanks. saving up for a proper road bike is probably the way to go.

wolfie wrote:anybody using gloves that are good for the summer? these pearl izumi ones i have get absolutely soaked with sweat, to the point where it's like i just doused them in water. kind of gross.

haven't really found any yet... last year i finally just... stopped wearing gloves during summer rides and haven't looked back.

shizaam

Postby badhat » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:30 am

i always liked giro gloves and my cautionRy experience or rec riding was it waa not in frequent that i shredded them badly enough to be really glad it gloves taking the hit and not the palms of my hand.

also a nice terry patch on the back of thr thumb for snot/dried spit is v nice to have.

badhat

Postby badhat » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:33 am

warmjets wrote:i spent over an hour trying to change the tube and tire on my hybrid, still couldnt get it done lol

am i a failure? its way more difficult than it should be i feel like

its usually more about the bead of the tire than the rim. some are just super tight.

what part(s) did you get stuck on? did you use tire levers?

badhat

Postby shizaam » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:41 am

have definitely had a hell of a time messing with a friend's bontrager tires

shizaam

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....