Official Radiohead Thread - EOB (Coming Soon)

Health insurance rip off lying FDA big bankers buying
Fake computer crashes dining
Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby endoskeleton » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:04 pm

endoskeleton

Postby bluemovers » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:11 pm

that Other Lives track Thom posted is pretty great, too:

http://soundcloud.com/mouxlaloulouda/other-lives-for-12

bluemovers

Postby quilty » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:49 pm

yo fox
millenials can’t STOP chasing AMY.. kombucha™

quilty
ok

Postby delorean » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:21 pm

shit this would be awesome

delorean

Postby andrei » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:17 am

looking forward to another solid couple months of obsessive radiohead listening followed by 2 years of never feeling compelled to put them on or think about them

then the cycle will begin anew

it's weird, i feel like too embarrassed to say they're one of my favorite bands, but what else could they be, given my devout ambivalence

there are times where nothing is better
her BUUUUTTTTT CHECKS DELICIOUSSSSSSSSSSSSS YOU GOT FIVE ON IT (^_^)"

andrei

Postby fury » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:21 am

where is this?!@

fury
ok

Postby delorean » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:34 pm

at ease says its details might come out this week

delorean

Postby Architecture » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:48 pm

hope this means another US tour. i'd gladly go see them again, the in rainbows tour was great.
try the data then reply

Architecture
ok

Postby mites » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:51 pm

andrei wrote:looking forward to another solid couple months of obsessive radiohead listening followed by 2 years of never feeling compelled to put them on or think about them

it's weird, i feel like too embarrassed to say they're one of my favorite bands, but what else could they be, given my devout ambivalence

this completely sums it up really

mites

Postby CudNylon » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:57 pm

getting ok computer as a christmas present while in middle school defined my musical tastes for the rest of my life. i hope to be able to do that for someone. :ugeek:

CudNylon

Postby fuckles » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:42 pm

mites wrote:
andrei wrote:looking forward to another solid couple months of obsessive radiohead listening followed by 2 years of never feeling compelled to put them on or think about them

yerp
Cyril Sneer wrote:INSANE post. I could literally read it for hours.

fuckles

Postby loaf angel » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:38 pm

fuckles wrote:
mites wrote:

yerp

yea 3rd this. i burn myself out in anticpation and the follow up for one of their records and then i sparingly listen to them until the next album. ok computer is one of my favorite albums and i haven't listened to it in about 2 years
goldsoundz wrote:i'd bang that moron

loaf angel

Postby Polynoggin » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:14 pm

i listen to their b-sides and live performances way more than their albums now.

i wasn't too impressed with most of their recent songs but Give up the Ghost was beautiful. also I really loved the dark, Krautrock sound of These are My Twisted Words and I hope that's the general vibe of the new album.

Polynoggin

Postby bluemovers » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:33 pm

so Jonny Greenwood scored the music for the upcoming Murakami film "Norwegian Wood." if you're familiar with The Present Tense (like endo) you'll hear that the snippets of tracks 4, 9 and 14 on the soundtrack are most certainly parts of that song:

Norwegian Wood OST
Last edited by bluemovers on Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bluemovers

Postby Architecture » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:35 pm

maybe it's just me, but in rainbows is one of those albums that i could listen to pretty much every day and not tire of. i was unbelievably smitten with that album.
try the data then reply

Architecture
ok

Postby bluemovers » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:55 pm

also, according to an interview Jonny did with Rolling Stone Italia, the album is 10 tracks, is currently being mixed and mastered, and they have a huge tour planned for 2011.

bluemovers

Postby endoskeleton » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:36 pm

bluemovers wrote:so Jonny Greenwood scored the music for the upcoming Murakami film "Norwegian Wood." if you're familiar with The Present Tense (like endo) you'll hear that the snippets of tracks 4, 9 and 14 on the soundtrack are most certainly parts of that song:

Norwegian Wood OST

yeah, shit. i wonder if this why thom dedicated the song to jonny when he played it in boston
endoskeleton

Postby gongshow » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:41 pm

Kinda disappointed how many of those songs listed are old b-sides/unreleased stuff. And not True Love Waits.

gongshow

Postby creationist » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:46 pm

it's better than an empty page. sites like that always count old songs that never made it, and while it's true the band still works on stuff like that, the reality is one maybe two might make the album and the rest is completely new stuff we've never heard.

creationist

Postby boa » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:32 pm

gongshow wrote:Kinda disappointed how many of those songs listed are old b-sides/unreleased stuff. And not True Love Waits.

a studio version of True Love Waits could only disappoint
how many mice do we rip on the daily

boa

Postby delorean » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:51 pm

can they just put it out in december please

delorean

Postby SynthesizerPatel » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:51 pm

this citizeninsane site reads like House of Leaves or something. But I thank crazy ass fans like this because if it weren't for them I would never know what is going on with bands these days.

SynthesizerPatel

Postby iambic » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:02 pm

boa wrote:
gongshow wrote:Kinda disappointed how many of those songs listed are old b-sides/unreleased stuff. And not True Love Waits.

a studio version of True Love Waits could only disappoint

sort of like the studio version of Big Ideas

heyooooooo

seriously though where is Big Boots

iambic

Postby gongshow » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:07 pm

Studio version of Big Ideas was great.

All they gotta do for TLW is record the Brussels version and I'd be happy.

gongshow

Postby blurst of times » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:12 pm

Polynoggin wrote:i wasn't too impressed with most of their recent songs but Give up the Ghost was beautiful. also I really loved the dark, Krautrock sound of These are My Twisted Words and I hope that's the general vibe of the new album.

yeah, "give up the ghost" and "the present tense" are the only real standouts of the new songs that I've heard so far.

"judge, jury, and executioner" was really good too, but apparently it's an atoms for peace-exclusive, which seems like a waste.

blurst of times
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby bluemovers » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:46 pm

that fan site had a similar set of songs that were contenders for LP7, which became In Rainbows. a lot of them did in fact make it onto the two-disc set, but they had also been played for over a year with the full band in the tour leading up to the album's recording. this time around they haven't road-tested anything, and the songs in the "contender" category are largely just acoustic songs that Thom premiered solo or during Atoms for Peace encores. i wouldn't be surprised if at least half of the songs on the album have never been heard before, which would be great.

bluemovers

Postby delorean » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:42 pm

BURN THE WITCH

delorean

Postby endoskeleton » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:46 pm

tht one asshole taper still has a full version of come to your senses that he's withholding from the world
endoskeleton

Postby bluemovers » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:01 am

it seems pretty pointless to hold onto the recording of an unreleased and otherwise unheard song. if you're interested in making money, you'd be wise to sell the recording to someone while it's still a song they've never played. the minute it shows up on the new album no one will give two shits about the soundcheck. the taper's either a straight-up dick, or else he's lying about having more than the snippet he's shared.

bluemovers

Postby delorean » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:59 pm

ITS HAPPENING

delorean

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....