Top Chef All-Stars tonight

'Cause I've been postin' and laughin' so long
That even my momma thinks that my mind is gone

Postby Pops Freshenmeyer » Tue May 12, 2020 9:16 pm

we just finished Seattle tonight. Great season but the design of the finale was so dumb

Pops Freshenmeyer

Postby branzino » Tue May 12, 2020 9:50 pm

I've found every finale to be disappointing. Even if the person I'm rooting for wins!

branzino

Postby swamp angel » Tue May 12, 2020 9:54 pm

I really felt for Kevin in the Vegas finale where he got stuck with Preeti as one of his sous chefs and she could barely do prep work. He’s had some tough breaks on the show.

swamp angel

Postby unscrambled » Thu May 14, 2020 1:13 pm

omg they are so rude to Josie episode after episode in Seattle but honestly she does indeed seem annoying as fuck. and it does seem like she keeps getting by cuz she brings the drama. i'm on restaurant warssss

unscrambled

Postby kid8 » Thu May 14, 2020 2:01 pm

virtuous wrote:
kid8 wrote:Was rooting for a kevin / melissa showdown , sux what happened. Voltaggio is hott.

his brother is like a billion times hotter

Nah, michael was always too skinny and edgy for me. Bryan seems like just the right amount of square for my taste. :)
*FOREIGN CONTAMINANT*

kid8
killer

Postby kid8 » Thu May 14, 2020 2:02 pm

Taste because it's a top chef thread.
*FOREIGN CONTAMINANT*

kid8
killer

Postby unscrambled » Thu May 14, 2020 2:18 pm

scrambled wrote:omg they are so rude to Josie episode after episode in Seattle but honestly she does indeed seem annoying as fuck. and it does seem like she keeps getting by cuz she brings the drama. i'm on restaurant warssss

OMG kristennnnn get a personality and not let fuckin JOSIE walk over you like that - damn

unscrambled

Postby branzino » Thu May 14, 2020 3:43 pm

Remember when this guy Image gave up his immunity

branzino

Postby jalapeño ranch » Fri May 15, 2020 12:54 am

Knew they were gonna send home Leanne, but come on, that was a weak fucking salad.Toggle Spoiler
Celiac Cruz wrote:This one has no real explanation:

jalapeño ranch

Postby kid8 » Fri May 15, 2020 1:20 am

I would have gotten mad if melissa left though, she's had such a great run and some impressive compliments by many industry people, Leanne has been goofing up left and right and just sliding by.
*FOREIGN CONTAMINANT*

kid8
killer

Postby unscrambled » Sat May 16, 2020 11:25 am

Pops Freshenmeyer wrote:we just finished Seattle tonight. Great season but the design of the finale was so dumb

lol yeah wtf is this, esp with the voting after every dish

also .......... I was like one episode away from finishing the season and was like maybe I should finish Seattle before watching the new ep but I was like ooh new ep would be a fun refresher and then the guest judge this week ruined the dang winner :( but that was kind of fun because I was not expecting BrookeToggle Spoiler to win over KristenToggle Spoiler.

will miss that weird south african's voice. lizzie?

edit: oh wait what. oh so i ended up getting spoiled for another season lmao. that makes sense.

unscrambled

Postby came to wreck » Sat May 16, 2020 12:11 pm

jalapeño ranch wrote:Knew they were gonna send home Leanne, but come on, that was a weak fucking salad.Toggle Spoiler

melissa had one bad dish, leanne had 2. also lol at padma being like "this congee has too much ham!" what kinda complaint is that. stephanie still somehow scraping by this episode.Toggle Spoiler

came to wreck

Postby unscrambled » Sun May 17, 2020 8:26 pm

this new orleans cast is a damn mess. just had the ep where that white gay dude was like "I *KNOW* Vietnamese food cuz i date asians"

unscrambled

Postby unscrambled » Wed May 20, 2020 11:08 pm

ARE YOU KIDDING ME WITH THAT NEW ORLEANS WINNER?

unscrambled

Postby unscrambled » Wed May 20, 2020 11:12 pm

Fan outrage led Colicchio to release the judges' scores on Twitter to try to justify their decision to give Elmi the victory over eventual runner-up Nina Compton, who was considered a front runner in the competition.

lolol GOOD. tom was speaking out the side of his mouth in that deliberation, i'm enraged

unscrambled

Postby unscrambled » Wed May 20, 2020 11:30 pm

oh fuck i was thinking of taking a break cuz i found the NOLA cast kind of unsavory but this boston cast looks fun

unscrambled

Postby unscrambled » Sun May 24, 2020 3:24 am

ok LOL at me finishing boston within 4 days. i think this was my favorite one byyyyy far. it was kinda crazy seeing Gregory start so strong and then lose his footing as it went along and for Melissa to be such a quieter presence than she is in all stars. Loved Mei's vibe, little Dougie, Katsuji, etc.

idk if you remember this dude but lol did you guys hear about this:
https://robbreport.com/food-drink/dining/top-chef-adam-harvey-bar-salumi-closes-2809249/

Earlier this year, Harvey and his wife purchased a $1.5 townhome in the Brooklyn neighborhood of Windsor Terrace. After installing solar panels on the roof, he complained that his neighbor’s massive, 60-year-old maple was blocking sunlight from reaching them. He tried to convince the neighbor that the tree was dead anyway and should be removed. The neighbor balked. Subsequently witnesses say the saw Harvey drill holes into the tree and pour herbicide in. They reported him to the police and on May 15 he was charged with criminal mischief and criminal trespass.

losing my mind

unscrambled

Postby sassafras socks » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:02 am

I'm still reeling from Gregory getting the boot last week, so it's full steam ahead for Melissa to dominate the finale. Her Chinese-influenced stuff in Italy sounded really great! Never expected Stephanie to make it this far, but she's definitely ramped up in the last two eps. Loved the prosciutto lady being all "NEVER cook this, it is a SIN" and then the highest rated dishes were all covered in cooked 'sciut :D Brian and Kevin's critiques were kinda savage, "all the Italians said your food has no love or soul" and then both dudes standing there looking like they're about to burst into tears.Toggle Spoiler

sassafras socks

Postby unscrambled » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:52 am

i think, after this week's ep, i might have developed a fetish for seeing male chefs cryToggle Spoiler :twisted:

unscrambled

Postby kid8 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:15 am

Really wanted a kevin vs melissa finale. I'm attracted to bryan and it was a fucking dagger when they said he had no soul, but then I remembered I'm a big fag and blm.
*FOREIGN CONTAMINANT*

kid8
killer

Postby kid8 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:24 am

Double post.
*FOREIGN CONTAMINANT*

kid8
killer

Postby kid8 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:49 am

Is that problematic? I dont know. I just meant like, I felt sorry for a hot white guy for not getting that extra edge. I am guilty of being a piece of shit asshole. Fuck.
*FOREIGN CONTAMINANT*

kid8
killer

Postby swamp angel » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:45 am

melissa is the best and deserves to win, but stephanie has been on a roll the last few eps. i'm also fully charmed by bryan's corny dad energy, which is something i did not expect to happen.

good final 3. i was getting tired of kevin.

swamp angel

Postby guidance » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:51 am

love the final three. i really do like kevin, but i'm glad he got eliminated before bryan.

guidance

Postby That Demon Life » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:19 am

Melissa grew up right near where my partner did and still has a lot of family. I'm hoping she opens a restaurant there.

That Demon Life

Postby That Demon Life » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:24 am

Also if anyone is interested, Melissa is doing a "Congee for a Cause" webinar with some of the proceeds going to BPM and LGBTQ+ communities:

https://www.crowdcast.io/e/rice-congee/ ... gn=profile

CONGEE FOR A CAUSE WEBINAR

I've gotten a lot of requests for the Congee King to teach a congee course haha! So here it is! (Thanks for the nickname!)

In support of BLM x LGBTQ Pride, $5 of every purchase will be donated to the National Black Justice Coalition - an organization dedicated to the empowerment of Black lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and same gender loving (LGBTQ/SGL) people, including people living with HIV/AIDS. NBJC’s mission is to end racism, homophobia, and LGBTQ/SGL bias and stigma. Thank you all for supporting! Happy pride month! #blacklivesmatter

In this live webinar, I will demonstrate the step-by-step techniques of making a comforting, homestyle rice porridge. I'll be demonstrating a chicken congee with a scallion-ginger sauce and a few other of my favorite garnishes. This dish is extremely versatile to your personal preference, and the protein/broth can be switched out to accommodate any diet (see below). This recipe is also gluten free. If you decide to follow along and cook beside me, here's what you need to know:

Please read all the below details thoroughly, and decide which protein, broth base, and garnishes you want to do based off your dietary/personal preference.
Please have all equipment & ingredients below prepped and measured before the live stream begins.
Please check which garnishes you want to make below and have those ready before the live stream begins. I will only be demonstrating the ginger-scallion sauce in the webinar.
I will demonstrate cooking techniques for the congee, alternate protein options, various garnishes, cultural differences, and save some time for some Q/A together!

But don't worry, the session will be recorded so you have the option to cook at your own pace, rewatch, or just sit back, relax, take notes, and learn something new!

DATE : Saturday, June 13

TIME : 11am PST/2pm EST

LENGTH : 60-90 minutes

LEVEL : 1

Looking forward to cooking with you all!

Melissa

That Demon Life

Postby jalapeño ranch » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:30 am

I enjoy the final three but I'm sad about Gregory.
Celiac Cruz wrote:This one has no real explanation:

jalapeño ranch

Postby swamp angel » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:48 pm

I felt so bad for Gregory. Throwing out your back while in a competition halfway across the world sounds miserable.

swamp angel

Postby sassafras socks » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:02 pm

shankly wrote:I felt so bad for Gregory. Throwing out your back while in a competition halfway across the world sounds miserable.

He posted this about it after his elimination:

"Hours before we got on the plane for the Top Chef finals in Italy I had a debilitating spasm that had me limping and pushing through. I had another one halfway into the first quickfire in Lucca two days later. The next 24 hours was a rotation of medics, doctors and chiropractors giving me shots in my butt, adjustments and pain meds so I could just make it through the truffle challenge. I could barely walk during the truffle hunt and the grocery shop.

I chose to make the dish I did because I knew I could make it injured. I crossed my fingers it would work but alas it was the wrong dish for the challenge and not executed great. As you saw there are serious rules with how to respectfully use this cherished ingredient. I blew it by blowing out the delicate white truffle. I was then in bed for 3 days after my elimination unable to move then finally flew home."

sassafras socks

Postby came to wreck » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:10 pm

jalapeño ranch wrote:I enjoy the final three but I'm sad about Gregory.

yeah gregory instead of bryan would be perfect. rooting for melissa but am also surprised by steph's big run at the end of the season.

came to wreck

PreviousNext

Return to Poster's Paradise