That even my momma thinks that my mind is gone

Postby guidance » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:24 pm

oh yeah one of them is my boss

guidance

Postby came to wreck » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:34 pm

wow 3 ppl in texas

came to wreck

Postby dreamshake » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:54 pm

pretty sure the guy from austin was fired from his restuarant because he was sexually harassing people.
hologram ride the whip

dreamshake

Postby Fine Wine » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:48 pm

i hope they cook food

Fine Wine

Postby Alexis » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:47 am

dreamshake wrote:pretty sure the guy from austin was fired from his restuarant because he was sexually harassing people.

my friends who work in the hospitality industry in Austin also mentioned the same thing

i dont know why it doesnt show up on the last page but here is the link to the trailer
https://people.com/food/bravo-top-chef- ... h-trailer/

Alexis

Postby came to wreck » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:57 pm

i would think with how outspoken hosts like padma are about that kinda stuff they would have done some due diligence and not let ppl with history of harassing ppl onto the show. hopefully he gets kicked quickly

came to wreck

Postby guidance » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:44 am

i'm rooting for avishar as he is the chef for whom i currently work

guidance

Postby Hal Jordan » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:45 am

that's pretty neat guidance, how is he in person and as a boss
A lamp with a white shade was knocked over and broken. Someone was smoking pot. “This is the pot room!” a young man said.

Hal Jordan

Postby guidance » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:48 am

Hal Jordan wrote:that's pretty neat guidance, how is he in person and as a boss

he's great as a person and boss, tbh. we had no idea he was doing this until the cast list got posted on monday. we've been doing strictly carryout for the past (almost) year, and i'm interested to see how this news positively (hopefully) affects our business.

he's a little awkward and reserved in person (not your prototypical alpha male chef) so it will be interesting to see how he comes across on tv

guidance

Postby Hal Jordan » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:03 am

hearing that a successful chef is neither a raging asshole nor a sex-pest and is in fact reserved and good is refereshing and i will be rooting for him!!
A lamp with a white shade was knocked over and broken. Someone was smoking pot. “This is the pot room!” a young man said.

Hal Jordan

Postby becky » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:58 am

oh damn I've eaten at Service Bar a few times! nice. I'm in cle but one of my good friends lived right around the corner from that spot for a long time.

becky

Postby guidance » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:48 pm

becky wrote:oh damn I've eaten at Service Bar a few times! nice. I'm in cle but one of my good friends lived right around the corner from that spot for a long time.

whoa really? if you sat at the bar i might have served you

guidance

Postby folkface » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:52 pm

Chris is a really good guy, rooting for him

folkface

Postby Pops Freshenmeyer » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:37 pm

who yall got this season

shota is the hot pick in my friend group but feelin sarah or gabe (the one who worked for tom) after ep 1

Pops Freshenmeyer

Postby came to wreck » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:13 am

Rooting for Roscoe so now I’m bummed after seeing the first ep :( maybe he can do the impossible and come backToggle Spoiler Sara seems the right mixture of talent and self doubting perfectionist to go far. Shota seemed really strong as well, seemed like no one else knew you could cook duck like that. I also am rooting for Dawn and Sasha since they both cook in Houston but Dawn is already having breakdowns on the first challenge so idk. Gabe seemed talented I guess but I’m already sick of him namedropping Tom every chance he gets. Also I’m already tired of Richard Blaise and his dumb hair and know it all attitude. Also seems like this is by far the most diverse cast they’ve ever had. Hopefully tonight Avishar can do better.

came to wreck

Postby That Demon Life » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:32 am

Pops Freshenmeyer wrote:who yall got this season

shota is the hot pick in my friend group but feelin sarah or gabe (the one who worked for tom) after ep 1

I didn't even realize there were two Gabes.

The one who didn't work for Tom is the guy who got fired from his restaurant for sexual harassment a few months ago, right?

That Demon Life

Postby That Demon Life » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:36 am

Yeah I looked it up and he is. The beard Gabe is the creep. He's apparently exceedingly talented, but fuck him.

Other Gabe (no beard) is annoying in his Tom name-dropping for sure, but he also seems talented (it's early). He's listed as Gabriel on the website, but I guess that's just to differentiate.

My girlfriend and I will pick 3 chefs each to compete against each other after two episodes and she has beaten me the last three years in a row and almost certainly will again. If I get the #1 pick, I'm thinking Shota, but I'm not sure yet.

That Demon Life

Postby came to wreck » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:24 pm

Ep 2 I forgot how much they telegraph the ending of the episode sometimes. To the point it’s annoying and spoils it halfway thru when you connect the dots of how they tell the story/edit and foreshadow. Once I noticed they let Sasha tell her “story” at the beginning and showed her chumming it up with Brittany so much I knew their team would be last and Sasha would be out. Also wild how two people so far have already mentioned they developed a drinking problem during quarantine.Toggle Spoiler

came to wreck

Postby becky » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:06 pm

sara is my pick but also rooting for avishar and shota

becky

Postby Pops Freshenmeyer » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:05 pm

came to wreck wrote:Ep 2 I forgot how much they telegraph the ending of the episode sometimes. To the point it’s annoying and spoils it halfway thru when you connect the dots of how they tell the story/edit and foreshadow. Once I noticed they let Sasha tell her “story” at the beginning and showed her chumming it up with Brittany so much I knew their team would be last and Sasha would be out. Also wild how two people so far have already mentioned they developed a drinking problem during quarantine.Toggle Spoiler

yea this was heavily telegraphed even for TC

Pops Freshenmeyer

Previous

Return to Poster's Paradise